vfr600F

dude

We can only dream I think.....

0906_sbkp_16_z+2010_honda_rc30x+right_view.jpg

Real shame that bikes like these are not something Honda care to give us. I have had the feeling that Honda wants us V4 fans to GROW UP & SLOW DOWN.

• Member Contributer

Honda will build it if you give them the following choices:

A. Make it heavier

B. Give it less hp

C. Dumb down the suspension

D. Price it at $25,000

• Member Contributer

Well, if it looks anything like those bikes, my guess is it will be called an RVF600RR. If you read the reviews on the current crop of 600's, the CBR is rated a very close second the the ZX6R. I think a V4 powered CBR600 has the potential to be the best 600, if not the best supersport bike ever made.

• Member Contributer

I swear a new post like this crops up everyday almost. For the past few years the V4 has been on the way out, now there are rumors of it being ramped up again. Will this ever see the production of a V4 powered sportbike, noone but the execs at Honda know that and they aren't talking. Personally I don't see any reason that it would as the CBR has a long distinguished career and I see no need for them to abandon ship anytime in the future. Yeah, the new zx6 got great reviews, but anyone that has ever spend considerable time on both a kawi and honda sportbike will tell you the difference is noticeable. Most people buy a Kawi because they can get it, a jacket, a good helmet, and ins for the price of a used Honda, there's a reason for that. Kawasaki will have to make their bikes twice as fast as a Honda to make up for the lack of quality, and they haven't done that.

• Member Contributer

If Super street's finger had been on the pulse of riders instead of up their ass they would know that the world don't want an VFR600... we want a race bred RVF600 V4 sporting a 360º Big Bang crank...

• Member Contributer

Personally I don't see any reason that it would as the CBR has a long distinguished career and I see no need for them to abandon ship anytime in the future.

Mercy ruf... Honda must abandon the CBRs because they are cheap stinky I4s... the only thing that sucked longer than an I4 is a 1939 Hoover vacumm cleaner,,,

• Member Contributer

A v4 600 would be interesting, but I just dont see it being done against the long line of I4 600s in the Honda line up and they are fairly sweet any way. I am no marketing guru, but if they produced it as a 1000 it would conflict with the current liter bike too. The only way I see a super sport V4 from Honda is as if they make it special and not compete with the bread and butter I4s. So displacement wise, I think 848 would be perfect. The only competitor would be Ducati. Now wouldnt that be a great shoot out test? Honda RVF848RR vs Ducati 848 EVO :fing02:

• Member Contributer

A V4 sportbike is something I would be interested in owning. Aprilia makes one but it is a bit pricey and I know little of their quality and reliability.

As good as the current 600RR is, I would doubt Honda will build another 600cc sportbike.

• Member Contributer

A v4 600 would be interesting, but I just dont see it being done against the long line of I4 600s in the Honda line up and they are fairly sweet any way. I am no marketing guru, but if they produced it as a 1000 it would conflict with the current liter bike too. The only way I see a super sport V4 from Honda is as if they make it special and not compete with the bread and butter I4s. So displacement wise, I think 848 would be perfect. The only competitor would be Ducati. Now wouldnt that be a great shoot out test? Honda RVF848RR vs Ducati 848 EVO :fing02:

An RVF750RR would probably be closer to an 848 in performance, an 848 V4 would likely demolish the V-twin in engine performance.

Lets see, Triumph has a 675(soon to be an 800?), Ducati the 848(which isn't allowed to compete in WSB supersport races) and Suzuki has the GSXR750. Maybe there needs to be a 750 class resurgence? I know that would be my ideal size bike. If Honda built a CBR750RR I'd be far more inclined to buy that than a CBR1000RR, an RVF750RR would be a no brainer for me as long as the price was within reason.

• Member Contributer

So displacement wise, I think 848 would be perfect. The only competitor would be Ducati. Now wouldnt that be a great shoot out test? Honda RVF848RR vs Ducati 848 EVO :fing02:

I'd pit Mr.RC45 against an 848 because it wasn't designed as a race bike... besides 4 cylinder racing is divided among two classes... either 600 or 1000.. . no one races an 848... not even Ducati...

• Forum CEO

So displacement wise, I think 848 would be perfect. The only competitor ould be Ducati. Now wouldnt that be a great shoot out tesot? Honda RVF848RR vs Ducati 848 EVO :fing02:

I'd pit Mr.RC45 against an 848 because it wasn't designed as a race bike... besides 4 cylinder racing is divided among two classes... either 600 or 1000.. . no one races an 848... not even Ducati...

Hell 750rc45 doesn't fit into that category either

• Member Contributer

[

Hell 750rc45 doesn't fit into that category either

True... starting in 99 Joey Dunlop had to race his 750 HRC kitted RC45 against 1000s I4s and V2s...

Joey Dunlop Ulster Gp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wStMCth6dwE

• Member Contributer

Mercy ruf... Honda must abandon the CBRs because they are cheap stinky I4s... the only thing that sucked longer than an I4 is a 1939 Hoover vacumm cleaner,,,

Must...no, would we like them to yes. Business wise it doesn't many any sense to do so just to please the 15,759 active members on here.

• Member Contributer

Must...no, would we like them to yes. Business wise it doesn't many any sense to do so just to please the 15,759 active members on here.

To a certain extent it does seem to pay to do something different these days. When sportbike sales are at an all time low, why not try something new? As much as the new cross plane R1's seem to be at the bottom of all the magazine tests, there were a ton of them at the last track day I went to, I guarantee that has something to do with the unique firing order. RSV4's must be selling two to one compared to the old RSV Mille. I think Honda is going to have to come up with something truly unique to capture new sportbike sales in the coming years. If all they offer is a new fireblade with more electronics ala the S1000RR and the new Kawasaki then they are truly missing a golden opportunity here.

• Member Contributer

I see that many of you are dreaming about what you want and not what Honda is willing to do. From Hondas view, where is the demand, how do you fill that gap, and how do you keep the cost down for maximum profits?

So answer that?

Does Honda have a need to fill a gap with a 600cc V4 that will out perform the Inlines and keep the profits at a maximum?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a V4 class bike ripping up the tracks (or streets). But, will they make it?

• Member Contributer

Business wise Honda can not afford to offer the same old I4... they

built their reputation on V4s... they are currently racing V4s... the

buying public is anticipating V4s...

• Member Contributer

Just buy a 4th gen and build your own. They're a great platform for a number of build styles.

I've been compiling a parts list to build one like the second pic since I first saw it!

I'm actually in the process of building a frankenviffer from a 5th gen engine, 6th gen frame and RC51 suspension components. While it may be fun to put together something unique like this, I know it will never be as perfectly engineered and well balanced as an actual V4 super bike from mother Honda. After all is said and done, I still want the real deal!

• Member Contributer

I see that many of you are dreaming about what you want and not what Honda is willing to do. From Hondas view, where is the demand, how do you fill that gap, and how do you keep the cost down for maximum profits?

So answer that?

Does Honda have a need to fill a gap with a 600cc V4 that will out perform the Inlines and keep the profits at a maximum?

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see a V4 class bike ripping up the tracks (or streets). But, will they make it?

I really think think the v4 config is the way to go. Low center of gravity , torque and a unique sound. Build the damn thing :beatdeadhorse:

Archived