Earplugs speed enhancement

mikeodial

Are earplugs and speed connected?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do earplugs make you go faster

• Yes
    • No
    • Can't answer because I can't hear the question

I have recently started wearing earplugs on every ride and seem to go around 5 mph faster (maybe more in case there are any LEOs present), when I am wearing them. Also seem to be in lower gears, as it seems much more fun to hear the engine running a little higher in each gear. Am I alone in this experience, or am I becoming imune to speed and noise?

I have recently started wearing earplugs on every ride and seem to go around 5 mph faster (maybe more in case there are any LEOs present), when I am wearing them. Also seem to be in lower gears, as it seems much more fun to hear the engine running a little higher in each gear. Am I alone in this experience, or am I becoming imune to speed and noise?

I can only speak for myself.... Before(15 years ago) I started wearing ear plugs I had a hard time using the higher rpm range or going to fast (Wind noise)... All because everything seemed strained. But I adjusted with time to where I'm in control (or aware) of my speed. Same with the rpm's, except I now use the higher range without a problem... I'll stay around 5 grand under normal applications..... and in the S's I'll sit near 6 so I can go up or down the scale and only have to shift one up or one down.... I have no problem running all the way up to 10 or so for short burst........ Hope this helps......... Earplugs rule !

• Member Contributer

get the best of both worlds , buy a pair of noise isolateing earphones , wearing them blocks out all outside noise and u can listen to the music , the best part is u can still keep it at a lower volume cause there is very little noise

try shure .... i have a pair of the new 425's. i recently bought a pair of them and love em . ive had many eabuds and theses shure 425 and the best by far !!

I don't believe they have that effect... possibly the opposite.

I wear earplugs nearly everyday at work and my boss is always telling me to "GET A MOVE ON :laughing6-hehe: !"

Diver

• Member Contributer

You should try insertable earphones, that adds another 20mph if you are listening to somthing that really rocks!

Truer words have never been spoken.......+1.gif

• Member Contributer

Yep. Go faster.

Same happens in a car. I can get up to a 100 w/o noticing sometimes if the car is quier enough.

And there you have it ladies and gents... Ear plugs may save your hearing bu can kill you all the same. :laughing6-hehe:

I don't believe they have that effect... possibly the opposite.

I wear earplugs nearly everyday at work and my boss is always telling me to "GET A MOVE ON :laughing6-hehe: !"

Diver

Good one.

• Member Contributer

Definitely faster and more aggressive depending on the music. Let the bodies hit the floor may not be the appropriate music for riding but it does one hell of a jump to your adrenaline.....I've also found that Enrique makes me do more swaying and slower riding. Love the noise blocking ear phones because you can still hear the VTec when you stomp on it.

• Member Contributer

Having always used earplugs, I'd say NOT wearing them makes me ride much much slower.... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Having always used earplugs, I'd say NOT wearing them makes me ride much much slower.... :biggrin:

+1 on that. Only time I don't wear them is when I need to take a short ride to hear the engine if I think something may be amiss. I cannot stand to ride at speed without ear plugs. It's pure misery. As far as listening to music, it does make my speed creep up rapidly.

Earplugs don't male me go faster. They're just SOP. :fing02:

I don't need music when I ride. Just walking and listening to music I tend to go quite a bit faster. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

A bit faster but more relaxed since I don't get tired as easily and I think I hear the surrounding cars better when the wind buffeting noise does not cover it all. A good thing as far as I'm concerned.

C

• 5 months later...

I find that I'm more relaxed when i ride with ear plugs and tend to find myself checking up more often with them in.

• Member Contributer

I don't know about faster (I'm an old guy) but I can go FARTHER because of less fatigue. I'm very used to wearing them all day on the range.

Archived