VFR to stay dry now.

timmythecop

I agree with the two things most everyone says about my bike. It looks like crap and I need to stop leaving it out to rot. I had to do something about it, but my dream garage is about 2 years away. So, armed with 100 bucks, a sharpie, a saw, hammer and drill, I gave the Yellow Peril a place of her own. I prolly could have elaborated and made this fancier, but I am broke. I spent way too many euros in Holland and my wife is tracking the outlay pretty closely. Before you disparage my Johanessburg Shantie, keep in mind that it cost 100 bucks, I had no help and it was 110 degress today. It will do the job for now. I am still not changing my "Whats in your garage" yet because I dont think this counts. I do believe I heard the Peril purring quietly as I walked by.

008-13.jpg

just a few more minutes

009-10.jpg

016-5.jpg

the Brown hornet rolled in there as well

017-9.jpg

018-7.jpg

• Member Contributer

I can see it now...

It's heavily raining and you (as well as the rest of us would be) are out under your new cover spending time with the bike and making sure there is sufficient coverage for her! :biggrin: :fing02: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

A very commendable job on a $100 budget. I know that the coin doesn't go as far as it used to at the local home depot.

Question.

What prevents the 'garage' from leaning away from the house or falling in either direction alongside it?

• Member Contributer

Awww....the Hornet has all ready marked it's spot. :goofy:

it was a little excited is all.. :laughing6-hehe:

Looks good Timmy... You gonna put some doors on it, also?

A very commendable job on a $100 budget. I know that the coin doesn't go as far as it used to at the local home depot.

Question.

What prevents the 'garage' from leaning away from the house or falling in either direction alongside it?

the two posts in the grass are buried 3 feet deep in concrete. I still have to attach the rail to the house, but I am thinking about the best way to do that.

• Member Contributer

Now all you need are a couple of tarps for doors & your bikes would have some privacy :biggrin:

Good Job :fing02:

• Member Contributer

It ain't no "fancy pants garage" but does the job!

Good work, Timmy!

Mac

• Member Contributer

My wife would already have that filled up with "junk" before I could even get my bike in it.

:fing02: :491: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I can see it now...

It's heavily raining and you (as well as the rest of us would be) are out under your new cover spending time with the bike and making sure there is sufficient coverage for her! :rolleyes: :cool: :huh:

It rained hard today and I did just that. I was marveling at the rain all around and a dry bike. I am a simple man.

Looks good Timmy, only advice I would give is to move the side panels up. I design buildings and would think moving the panels to the roof line and leaving the gap at the ground would give you more rain protection as well as get the plywood away from the grass which will cause premature rot. Hell of a job on $100. I'm sure the bikes are much happier. :rolleyes:

Someone's been watching too much "Design On A Dime" on HGTV. :cool:

Just kidding, Timmy. Looks great, esp. for a only having spent 1 Franklin. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

WOW. Digs like that would have brought out the code officers. Up the taxes boys!! You got storage space.

Yeah, wood in contact with ground = rot.

Quick, somebody call the building and safety dept. :fing02:

The Yellow Peril is looking a little more like charcoal, is the next $10 for a fresh coat?

Good job, here's to low budget ingenuity :fing02: (and elbow grease; golly, 3ft?)

It can double as a guest house for the mother-in-law! Very thoughtful!

I went camping with the mother-in-law in Germany. She can handle it.

Archived