EBAY Hong Kong Pazzo lever lookalikes

Veefer800Canuck

Question

So my ZX-12 riding buddy is looking at a set of these levers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280462545804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For $72, they would seem to be a helluva deal, if thay are what they appear to be.

The pics look nice, of course, and the feedback is good, but I was wondering if anyone has actually bought and used them and can comment???

P1340066.png

(I already have Pazzos, courtesy of a group buy here on VFRd, so am not in the market)

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sure do like cheap stuff from China, but I like my job more... something to think about.

I couldn't agree more, I recently bought a Moose (E-line) skid plate for my Honda CRF450x dirtbike... Thought that I bought a USA made carbon fiber skidplate but to my surprise at $159.00 it was still made in China and yes it was a piece of crap. So I emailed Moose about the issues and they told me to contact the maker E-line. So I did and was told that they have no control over their product becuase it's made in China... WTF I then took it back to Cycle Gear (great return policy) & ordered a Made in the USA Works connection... Very happy :rolleyes: So when your pulling on that front brake real hard in a panic stop... Which one would you want to have on your bike? For me it's the Pazzo's not some junk that's made in China. IMHO

OE since you asked it's free goofy.gif

I agree that it is very damaging in the long term to be buying cheap Chinese stuff - if you want your country to maintain a manufacturing base, you have to support it. So much of Australia's industry has gone offshore and the problem is getting worse.

It's nice to save a few bucks in the here and now, but the long-term cost is unacceptable, IMO.

For the same reason, I don't buy the generic grocery brands that our duo-poly supermarkets sell (if everyone did that the producers that don't supply them at their cut-throat wholesale prices would soon go out of business), and I spend as much as possible within the small town that I live in. I work for a corporate behemoth, but I grew up in small towns with my parents as small business owners, so I have a real appreciation of these issues.

Just a thought...

I agree that it is very damaging in the long term to be buying cheap Chinese stuff - if you want your country to maintain a manufacturing base, you have to support it. So much of Australia's industry has gone offshore and the problem is getting worse.

It's nice to save a few bucks in the here and now, but the long-term cost is unacceptable, IMO.

For the same reason, I don't buy the generic grocery brands that our duo-poly supermarkets sell (if everyone did that the producers that don't supply them at their cut-throat wholesale prices would soon go out of business), and I spend as much as possible within the small town that I live in. I work for a corporate behemoth, but I grew up in small towns with my parents as small business owners, so I have a real appreciation of these issues.

Just a thought...

I worked for Continental tire for well over 20 years,they decided to move production to Brazil,Mexico,and or Vietnam.They backed out of there agreement to pay for are severance package,and medical coverage for retirees.I will not run conti tires and I bet this type of business practice will stop most from buying them.

I understand that it's not members issue but in the end it hurts everyone in the good old USA.Each to there own let's see unemployment and under employment hit 20%

• Member Contributer

haha

Nice final comments, keep it local...

But,

ive paid well over £200 to my 'local' cnc machinist, and its been 2 years since and ive given up calling him for my parts.

Service and practicality go a lot further than a load of pipe dreams.

One world , one bike... mine... ill b a long time dead..

live long and modify...

I hear you on the principle of buying local and supporting your own country's industries. Valid point.

I guess we all have to ask, How far do we take it?

I mean, do we all ride Harleys on VFRd because we don't want to boost the Chinese or Japanese markets with our recreational vehicle dollars?

Half the parts on Harleys are not made in America anyhow! Electronics, suspension, (whatever else) etc.

Well, my Helibars and Sargent seat are American made. The voltmeter might be too, and the windscreen, and the sprockets, but that's probably about it. The exhaust cans were made in jolly olde England (Devil) and the pipes fabricated in Canada by one dude with a shop and a welder.

Back in 1999 when my bike was built, it was built in J-A-pan. Each and every member of VFRd who owns a VFR is supporting the Far Eastern economy, so I don't feel too bad about throwing another 50 bucks their way.

100% of my bike was from Asia when it was built, and it's probably down to ~95% now.

And as for the safety concerns, hell, the aluminum they use for the levers is likely sourced from the US of A, those boats have to carry something on their return trip after all. Mfgr'd goods West, Raw Materials East.

And a CNC machine really doesn't care where it's plugged in to, or whether Bob, Nigel or Wang is the one feeding the solid block of Al into it's hungry maw.

And let's not let this get political, hell I just wanted a set of levers for my buddy's bike. :rolleyes:

Political Statements, Religion, War, Nudity, Violence, Belligerence, Drugs, Gore, Sexual, or Discriminatory remarks will be deleted without warning - This forum is about motorcycles.

I emailed the guy selling the ones in this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brake-Clutch-Levers-Honda-CBR-1000RR-RR-FIREBLADE-08-09_W0QQitemZ250578081472QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a579e16c0

The guy responded that he didn't have any that would fit my Y2K VFR

Mike

No, but several of the other EBAY HK sellers with the lookalike levers had Q's and responded that VFR levers are currently being readied for production now and release will be very soon. Have a look around.

• Member Contributer

So my ZX-12 riding buddy is looking at a set of these levers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280462545804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For $72, they would seem to be a helluva deal, if thay are what they appear to be.

The pics look nice, of course, and the feedback is good, but I was wondering if anyone has actually bought and used them and can comment???

P1340066.png

(I already have Pazzos, courtesy of a group buy here on VFRd, so am not in the market)

I have a set of those on my CBR1000rr. they seem fine for the price. I even got them from that specific vendor as "Auctmarts" is a sponsored vendor on my CBR1000RR forum.

• Member Contributer

haha

Nice final comments, keep it local...

"you´re not local! Whats all this shouting about? We dont want any trouble here!"

Hehehe loved that series.

I picked up the levers for him, these were the ones:

01-1.jpg

$50 USD SHIPPED!

Going to look very nice in gold, as they'll match well.

Not his bike, but one just like it:

8492328_12.jpg

Got the levers yesterday, from fondling them and looking at the machining, moving the adjuster mechanisms back and forth, I can't tell the difference between these and the Pazzos I have on my VFR. :wheel:

The shipper labelled them as "TOYS" with a value of $20 USD! :goofy:

So Veefer800Canuck you gonna ride there buts about needing to make some VFR Versions ?

One of the other (numerous) Hong Kong lever sellers had Q's about that very thing on Fleabay, and stated that they were currently working on tooling up some levers for VFR 800s.

So from my experience with these industrious little Asians, I think they will have them soon.

Just a thought...

I worked for Continental tire for well over 20 years,they decided to move production to Brazil,Mexico,and or Vietnam.They backed out of there agreement to pay for are severance package,and medical coverage for retirees.I will not run conti tires and I bet this type of business practice will stop most from buying them.

I understand that it's not members issue but in the end it hurts everyone in the good old USA.Each to there own let's see unemployment and under employment hit 20%

Pazzo is in Canada. It's also imported to the states, just like the motorcycle you're going to put them on. stop crying about how other people in other countries work harder than you for less money and how that's not fair, just be thankful your on this side of the fence.

As for the quality, I've looked at these knockoffs and the Galfer knockoffs and I think I'll stick with OEM, or proven aftermarket, even though they say they're the same materials, slight deviations from the original design could create fatigue and/or failure points. when it comes to stopping I don't want any catastrophic failures.

Hong Kong Pazzo lever lookalikes for 6th Gens are going at $90. I am pretty tempted to give them a try for half the cost of Pazzos and the seller has decent feedback on the the quality of levers. What do you guys think? Do you have any experience with the levers? Do you think it will help me out with discomfort that I am experiencing in stop and go traffic while holding clutch levers?

Thanks guys,

Shorty ones,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHORTY-Brake-Clutch-Levers-HONDA-VFR800-02-09-07-08-06-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414fdead2aQQitemZ280512867626QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Normal length ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PAIR-CLUTCH-BRAKE-LEVER-HONDA-VFR800-02-03-04-05-06-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414fe5989aQQitemZ280513321114QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• Member Contributer

Hong Kong Pazzo lever lookalikes for 6th Gens are going at $90. I am pretty tempted to give them a try for half the cost of Pazzos and the seller has decent feedback on the the quality of levers. What do you guys think? Do you have any experience with the levers? Do you think it will help me out with discomfort that I am experiencing in stop and go traffic while holding clutch levers?

Thanks guys,

Shorty ones,

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Normal length ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

I have REAL pazzo levers shorties and I really like them, they are nice to use but are not going to help you much in the dreaded hard to hold clutch in at a stoplight. I still put mine in N at a light and let it out to rest my hand, I know this is not up to MSF safety teaching either. I think they were money well spent. Not sure why Honda has a great fluid clutch and puts in something to make it feel like a worn clutch cable binding up, way too heavy on the pull in.

I recently purchased a set of the levers. A friend has the Pazzo and my cheapies are identical. The materials may be different though. The only issue I had was the levers were supposed to be red. They came in an odd redish/fushia color.

My wife says they look pink!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if I will try to return the or just use them.

For the Money they are a great value.

DON"T WAST BIG MONEY ON LEVERS. THE PAZZO ONES ARE A RIP OFF>

I just received the Hong Kong lookalikes for my '07 VFR and can not tell any difference in fit and finish from the high price ones. I paid something like $64.00 and received via airmail-registered mail in 6 business days. Makes you wonder just how much markup on the name brands?

• Member Contributer

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting these too since my front brake lever is bent now. I was thinking that the gold my add a nice accent to go with my gold drive chain. Did the gold actually look gold like in the pictures or was it more of a yellow color? I need gold, yellow would look stupid on my bike.

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting these too since my front brake lever is bent now. I was thinking that the gold my add a nice accent to go with my gold drive chain. Did the gold actually look gold like in the pictures or was it more of a yellow color? I need gold, yellow would look stupid on my bike.

I have CRG's on my Aprilia... I ordered the gold because I too have a lot of gold accents on my bike. The color is horrible.... I hate them. Although I love the way they work.

I just recieved some fakes from China for the CBR600F3... I ordered in "natural" and they look so much better than my CRG's (which I paid 4x as much for).

• Member Contributer

I have CRG's on my Aprilia... I ordered the gold because I too have a lot of gold accents on my bike. The color is horrible.... I hate them. Although I love the way they work.

I just recieved some fakes from China for the CBR600F3... I ordered in "natural" and they look so much better than my CRG's (which I paid 4x as much for).

Is "natural" the same as silver, meaning uncolored aluminum?

Is "natural" the same as silver, meaning uncolored aluminum?

They would be clear anodized, so yes, they will look like aluminum.

• Member Contributer

I just got my blue ones from China. I paid $42 (all inclusive price from Ebay). Received the levers in about 8 days. I don't care if they are from China, these are levers and not brakes or chain. I doubt they'll just brake off or not work properly. If the real ones were cheaper I'll get those but not at $180, maybe at $100. I won't buy domestics or North America at 4.5 times the price. I have the imitations on the bike for about one week and am loving it. I really like the adjustments and the feel when I pull on the levers. I'm thinking about getting a second set in red.

I love how people who don't own or haven't tried the Chinese levers put them down. It's like someone saying they hate apple pie, but have never tried it.

i got a set of short gold ones from ebay for my 99 model and they are gr8t fit well and sturdy lot loose at all would buy them again if needed and would recommend them for your bike also.fing02.gif

Archived