EBAY Hong Kong Pazzo lever lookalikes

Veefer800Canuck

Question

So my ZX-12 riding buddy is looking at a set of these levers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280462545804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For $72, they would seem to be a helluva deal, if thay are what they appear to be.

The pics look nice, of course, and the feedback is good, but I was wondering if anyone has actually bought and used them and can comment???

P1340066.png

(I already have Pazzos, courtesy of a group buy here on VFRd, so am not in the market)

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Member Contributer

I bought a black set with red adjusters off eBay and the machining was great. The hardware was less impressive. The nuts were a tad loose and needed to be tightened and they were a weird size like 7.5 mm. Also, the clutch lever does not engage the clutch switch on a 5th gen. So, if you stall at a light on a hill and try to restart you will have to put it in neutral to get the starter to engage. After discovering this flaw I tested the clutch lever in all 6 adjustment positions and none of them engaged the clutch switch. I will have to disassemble and modify accordingly. I was able to get a mixed length set with a shorty brake lever (fit, finish, & function are great) and a standard length clutch lever for a low price ($46 delivered) and I still consider it a good deal with the flaw.

• Member Contributer

So my ZX-12 riding buddy is looking at a set of these levers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280462545804&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

For $72, they would seem to be a helluva deal, if thay are what they appear to be.

The pics look nice, of course, and the feedback is good, but I was wondering if anyone has actually bought and used them and can comment???

P1340066.png

(I already have Pazzos, courtesy of a group buy here on VFRd, so am not in the market)

Update

Thought I would let everyone know that I had a a lowside at the track this weekend and the levers survived perfectly. the end of the brake lever has a little rash on it, but nothing that affects use. I have been very happy with them.

I have a set of those on my CBR1000rr. they seem fine for the price. I even got them from that specific vendor as "Auctmarts" is a sponsored vendor on my CBR1000RR forum.

• Member Contributer

I have REAL pazzo levers shorties and I really like them, they are nice to use but are not going to help you much in the dreaded hard to hold clutch in at a stoplight. I still put mine in N at a light and let it out to rest my hand, I know this is not up to MSF safety teaching either. I think they were money well spent. Not sure why Honda has a great fluid clutch and puts in something to make it feel like a worn clutch cable binding up, way too heavy on the pull in.

Not necessarily true. Found the pazzo's to be much more comfortable than stock, especially when pulling in the clutch. Maybe it's due to the geometry of the lever, but it helped me in that situation.

• Member Contributer

I purchased ones like these

EBay #280568791728

the mechanical quality is good. the finish is good, but uneven. One lever is deep black, one is washed black, as if it should have been in the coating tank a little longer. I emailed them and there is another lever on the way. We'll see when I receive it, but for the price I wasn't unhappy and bought a 2nd set as a xmas present for a friend. Since they are chinese, I'd buy 2 sets for this price and have spares for down the road. FYI, the levers interchange, only the adjusters are handed

Archived