Vfr Ride Asker -> Kristiansand -> Asker (norway)

Guest Honda

Guest Honda

img1476.jpg

Byglandsfjord

Last Sunday I headed off on my longest single trip so far, on my '08 VFR800, from my home in Asker (15 miles outside Oslo Norway) towards Kristiansand. Then back home after lunch on Tuesday, when the seminar had ended.

I took the "long" way down, since driving straight ahead on the highway is just boring. Boy did I run into some stunning scenery! :cool:

Sunday (450km/280 miles): Asker -> Drammen -> Kongsberg -> Notodden -> Seljord -> Høydalsmo -> Dalen -> Valle -> Bygland -> Evje.

Monday (50km/30 miles): Evje -> Kristiansand

Tuesday (350km/220miles): Kristiansand -> Birkeland -> Åmli -> Nissedal -> Treungen -> Drangedal -> Skien -> Siljan -> Hvittingfoss -> Sande -> Drammen -> Asker

Route to Kristiansand:

mapc.jpg

Route back home to Asker:

114v.gif

Asker/Lierskogen:

img1379.jpg

Lier:

img1387i.jpg

Kongsberg:

img1396.jpg

Flatdal (down towards Seljord):

img1410.jpg

Flatdal (same place as above):

img1412g.jpg

Flatdal:

img1419igq.jpg

Morgedal ("cradle of skiing"):

img1423.jpg

Dalen (down towards):

img1427l.jpg

Dalen (as above):

img1430z.jpg

Dalen (as above):

img1432w.jpg

Dalen (as above):

img1441k.jpg

Dalen (up the hills on the other side of the valley):

img1444.jpg

Dalen (same place as above):

img1448.jpg

Between Dalen and Valle (on the mountain):

img1451x.jpg

Between Dalen and Valle (same place as above):

img1453.jpg

Valle :

img1463.jpg

Waterfall near Bygland:

img1470.jpg

Byglandsfjord:

img1476.jpg

Kristiansand:

img1484q.jpg

Kjevik (Kristiansand airport):

img1486j.jpg

Birkeland:

img1490f.jpg

Åmli:

img1498w.jpg

Treungen:

img1507n.jpg

Bjønntjønn:

img1509gdp.jpg

Bjønntjønn (top of the road shown above):

img1514r.jpg

Gautefall:

img1518.jpg

Drangedal:

img1522.jpg

Life is good! :blink:

Great pics and it looks like you had fantstic weather. Norway sure has some stunning scenery :blink:

Looks like the min and max temp during your ride are far apart.

Yeah, the weather were absolutely on my side.

I ran into a small rain shower on Sunday, which lasted for 2-3 minutes. The rest of the trip were rain free and mostly sunny. The temperature varied from 5°C up to 15°C. A bit on the cold side, but with the right clothing I did not freeze at all.

Beautiful scenes and country! Oh great, now there is another place I have to add to my list of "trips to take". If I could only win the lottery...................

WOW, what a beutiful country. The only thing missing is the Family VonTrappe singers.

That's Austria, not Norway there Timmeh. :blink:

Full Size

On your way south to visit the Von Trapps from Norway, at least you can check out the engineering marvel that is the Oresund Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oresund_Bridge

• Member Contributer
WOW, what a beutiful country. The only thing missing is the Family VonTrappe singers.

That's Austria, not Norway there Timmeh. :laugh:

Full Size

He is a murrican... waddoya expect..... :blink:

:biggrin:

La Trappe is quite a nice beer actually...

• Member Contributer

Gorgeous! Another place that I simply must ride, someday.

I wonder what it would cost to take my bike over there?

A few things:

I am only american via Europe and my European mother. I learned to walk, speak and ride a bicyle in Europe. 95 percent of my family resides in Europe. I have lived in Germany, and that borders Austria, and I have also been to Austria.

I have also seen The Sound of Music 29753 times because it is my mothers favourite movie.

My European geography is sound. I was just commenting on how this scenery reminded me of the movie:

img1410.jpg

Alright.

Back to my sangria..............

I rode the Oslo to Valle part in 2002! Norway ist a great country, but expensive food.

Sure love to go there a nother time.

Great writeup :fing02:

Awesome pics! +1.gif I totally love Norway...I took a trip there in '06 with a buddy of mine, went hiking in the nordfjords area near a town called Geiranger. Absolutely stunning scenery: it was the most gruelling hike I've ever taken but it was worth every drop of sweat. The roads getting there were the twistiest and tightest that I've ever been on. There were several groups of BMW riders there...seemed like an Edelweiss-like organized tour. Unfortunately, I wasn't riding my VFR...I was riding shotgun in an Audi A8. It's almost a miracle that this car (and us) survived our drive through Oslo: we nearly crashed it a dozen times (too much birdwatching, not enough driving). :wub:

Again, good work on the report!

Archived