3rd Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills- The Official Report!

photobucket has thrown up in this post. If the remaining pics bore you, well skip on to the rest. Just in case there is something somebody was interested in seeing:

caskills001.jpg

caskills003.jpg

caskills011.jpg

caskills014.jpg

caskills015.jpg

caskills024.jpg

caskills027.jpg

caskills028-1.jpg

caskills037.jpg

and finally Catskill, the dog.

catskill.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Timmy your wife was right....................................................That is an ugly dog. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Great pics and write-up Folks. Looks like a great turn-out SEB.........and "1/2 eaten food" pics.......... :rolleyes: :beer:

GOOD STUFF...enjoying it.......... :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Thank you all for including me in the weekend's festivities and making me feel as welcome as you did. You're a great bunch to ride with bar none. Given who I rode with this weekend, my pics aren't going to be much different than Sean's, Pocono's, PhatPat's or TimmytheCop's. And, yes, that's my ugly, beater I-4 sleeper Katana that you see in those pictures.

This weekend was full of firsts for me... First serious ride... ever. First road wreck (more of a ditching, though... except for some busted plastic, the bike was fine; only my shoulder and ego were bruised). I beat the crap out of a Kaw KLR250 while I was in the Army, but that's what they're for, right?? First sighting of a live Sasquatch (tho my ex-wife could easily be mistaken for one on a rough morning)...

I think I'm going to garage the Kat for the season - got a bunch of work to do on her: new tires (as it turns out 8K is just about the limit for Diablos), SS brake lines, rebuild rear caliper, new rear rotor, new screen and mirror to replace the stuff I busted in the ditch; using the wreck as an excuse to finally paint the bike (either flat black or metallic blue, not sure at this point).

Maybe at the start of next season, I'll get some time in the saddle then sell her (VFR's 'er a sweet ride)... we'll see.

Thanks again, guys. I got some work to do on my skills, but I'll be back for Catskills 09 if you'll have me.

• Member Contributer
Thank you all for including me in the weekend's festivities and making me feel as welcome as you did. You're a great bunch to ride with bar none. Given who I rode with this weekend, my pics aren't going to be much different than Sean's, Pocono's, PhatPat's or TimmytheCop's. And, yes, that's my ugly, beater I-4 sleeper Katana that you see in those pictures.

This weekend was full of firsts for me... First serious ride... ever. First road wreck (more of a ditching, though... except for some busted plastic, the bike was fine; only my shoulder and ego were bruised). I beat the crap out of a Kaw KLR250 while I was in the Army, but that's what they're for, right?? First sighting of a live Sasquatch (tho my ex-wife could easily be mistaken for one on a rough morning)...

I think I'm going to garage the Kat for the season - got a bunch of work to do on her: new tires (as it turns out 8K is just about the limit for Diablos), SS brake lines, rebuild rear caliper, new rear rotor, new screen and mirror to replace the stuff I busted in the ditch; using the wreck as an excuse to finally paint the bike (either flat black or metallic blue, not sure at this point).

Maybe at the start of next season, I'll get some time in the saddle then sell her (VFR's 'er a sweet ride)... we'll see.

Thanks again, guys. I got some work to do on my skills, but I'll be back for Catskills 09 if you'll have me.

and here I thought you were gonna post up w/ a screen name of 'Achmed'.. wink.gif

Boy Randys dad can ride! He was throwing that BMW around like a CBR 600. I told him during dinner that I hope I can still ride half as good as him when I reach that age :pissed: Buki's special "drink" that his mom made tastes a lot like a drink from Greece called Ouzo, I might have to place an order with him for the next ride :rolleyes: So who's up for riding this weekend? Perhaps we can get Mellowyellow to actually do some mileage this time.

Large Group here long day with alot of miles if anyone wnat to join in the fun!!!!

SUNDAY RIDE: OCTOBER 12, 2008

RIDERS WANTED: For an assault on the "Endless Mountains" in Pennsylvania.

Tj and I have worked up a ride into the Keystone State to celebrate the arrival of Autumn. This will be a long day in the saddle that will be leaving early in the morning from the Pilot, heading out on Route I 78 for Breakfast, and then taking in the backroads up through coal country and into the mountains. Lots of twisties and sweepers to enjoy along with a couple of "Interstate Sprints."

Our destination will be "High Knob Vista" and dunch in the middle of nowhere. A scenic ride home through the wilds and a quick blast down Interstate 80 should get us home before the "Hollow Watcher" comes out to play.

Post up if you are in for marvelous journey through the land that time forgot.

Doc

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index....ic,56.2175.html

Greg

• Member Contributer
and here I thought you were gonna post up w/ a screen name of 'Achmed'.. wink.gif

SILENCE!!!!! I keeeel you!

• Member Contributer

Welcome aboard!

I also sold my Katana and bought a VFR a few years ago. It was a natural thing to do.

P.S.

They don't call them Catskills for nothing :rolleyes:

Glad you made it out Jim, we really enjoyed having you and "Achmed" around!! Too you had to go touring the ditch in addtion to the roads here, but sometimes trying to keep up with the motorcycle magic that is a VFR can get tricky... metallic blue would be nice, but I'm a bit biased... try a black basecoat with PPG cobalt blue pearl overtop, I think you'll like it!

Nice to see you actually signed in too - might as well, since you signed the Flaf! :rolleyes: Here's hoping you make it back on a new-to-you VFR next year!

• Member Contributer
Welcome aboard!

I also sold my Katana and bought a VFR a few years ago. It was a natural thing to do.

I keep telling him that. Come to the Dark Side (or if yer timmy, the flat black side) Jim.

Maybe we should all petition the Mods to have Jim's screen name adjusted 'appropriately'... :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Glad you made it out Jim, we really enjoyed having you and "Achmed" around!! Too you had to go touring the ditch in addtion to the roads here, but sometimes trying to keep up with the motorcycle magic that is a VFR can get tricky... metallic blue would be nice, but I'm a bit biased... try a black basecoat with PPG cobalt blue pearl overtop, I think you'll like it!

Nice to see you actually signed in too - might as well, since you signed the Flaf! :goofy: Here's hoping you make it back on a new-to-you VFR next year!

That's the direction I'm headed with the paint scheme, Seb. Black base, though? kewl. Whether I get a new bike depends on soooooo many things, not the least of which is what I can get for my sleeperKat at the beginning of next season. Between Sean, Ray and me, we put a TON of work into her just to get her back on the road. Will miss her if she goes. sad.gif

That's the direction I'm headed with the paint scheme, Seb. Black base, though? kewl. Whether I get a new bike depends on soooooo many things, not the least of which is what I can get for my sleeperKat at the beginning of next season. Between Sean, Ray and me, we put a TON of work into her just to get her back on the road. Will miss her if she goes. sad.gif

Black base, with frost blue and violet purple as midcoat:

gallery_5444_1301_184267.jpg

2001 CBR600F4i My squid bike : P

The cobalt pearl is a darker blue, more like royal/navy blue. :rolleyes:

Hey Seb,

Thanks for planning such a great event. I had so much fun and met so many great people. As you know, in Phatpat's group, we had a minor accident. It was great to see how everyone in the group came together to help out and make sure the day was not a loss. Well, thanks again and thanks for the toy motorcycle. As you can see in the pic's, I put it to good use.

~bliss

gallery_10687_3339_2063608.jpg

Leaving New Hampshire

gallery_10687_3339_512387.jpg

Catskills New York

gallery_10687_3339_691589.jpg

000_0098.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_774095.jpg

Lange's Groveside

gallery_10687_3339_4550049.jpg

100_2931.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_1439776.jpg

Woodstock N.Y.

gallery_10687_3339_767603.jpg

100_2946.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_285807.jpg

100_2950.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_1405661.jpg

100_2951.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_2260436.jpg

100_2952.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_2144405.jpg

Making repairs on the Suzuki after the crash

gallery_10687_3339_4997903.jpg

VFR under the tree

gallery_10687_3339_3463001.jpg

The meet for lunch in Phoenicia

gallery_10687_3339_2029546.jpg

Somewhere in the Catskills

gallery_10687_3339_673017.jpg

Kaaterskill Falls in N.Y.

gallery_10687_3339_299974.jpg

Phatpat and his VFR

gallery_10687_3339_292015.jpg

Tom

gallery_10687_3339_1242168.jpg

At the steak house

gallery_10687_3339_861132.jpg

000_0088.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_1538849.jpg

000_0097.JPG

gallery_10687_3339_817960.jpg

000_0081.JPG

You guys already posted most of the beautiful pictures from this ride, so I'm going to put a couple of specific pictures. First of all, thank you for such a pleasant experience. If I would have a choice to re-do the ride with whom ever I wanted, I would do it again, with all of you. I am relatively new to this group, but everybody gave me a warm welcome.

A little diversity, every motorcycle was welcome.

CIMG2077.jpg

WHERE IS EVERYBODY?! Well, they are looking for a deer, an uninvited guest who ruined the ride of one of our Canadian riders. Fortunately everything ended very well.

CIMG2092-1.jpg

Hat's off to Randy's father. This man showed us all, that age has nothing to do with the spirit of riding. He rides like a young buck, believe me. If you don't, go ahead and ask the others from the same group.

CIMG2107-1.jpg

Look at the expression on this guy, his smile shows you exactly how the ride went. After all the cold weather,maybe some tiring, and mostly a good time, you would have a smile like that.

CIMG2131-1.jpg

Long live VFR.

CIMG2146.jpg

I, like most of us, am very thankful to Sebastian for making this all possible. If you ever organize something like this again, I'll be there, anytime, anywhere.

CIMG2133.jpg

Some short videos made by me and Peto.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

• Member Contributer
Some short videos made by me and Peto.

You posted that last video I made. Sweet. :rolleyes:

I wasn't sure how it was going to come out. That camera mount setup of yours was perfect. (see post #55).

My bike sounds @#$% awesome from that perspective! It's a shame we are heading home and on the one straight road in the Catskills....

EDIT: I bet if we blocked the vent hole under my windscreen the wind noise would have been cut down even more. Next time.

Archived