3rd Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills- The Official Report!

Looks like y'all had a great time, but why are your leaves changing already? It's only October... :excl:

GO DAWGS!!!!! flag_georgia.gif

because it was 100 degrees below zero.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seb, I forgot to tell you that I witnessed this go up on a wall before a red,white and blue VFR's temp haddnt gone below 180 degrees. I think his helmet was still on.

Wow, guess he wasn't feigning his excitement when I presented it to him! :excl: :laugh:

• Member Contributer
Seb, I forgot to tell you that I witnessed this go up on a wall before a red,white and blue VFR's temp haddnt gone below 180 degrees. I think his helmet was still on.

Wow, guess he wasn't feigning his excitement when I presented it to him! :ohmy: :goofy:

No I was not. I placed that baby right where I can throw darts at it all winter long. :excl: :blink:

I will say this work thing really sucks. :laugh:

Wow, guess he wasn't feigning his excitement when I presented it to him! :goofy: :blink:

No I was not. I placed that baby right where I can throw darts at it all winter long. :excl: :goofy:

I will say this work thing really sucks. :laugh:

I tell my boss that all the time - "work is getting in the way of the stuff I really like to do!" I figure if he fires me I will have more time to ride and since unemployment payments are direct deposit here I can spend the next 26 weeks touring the warm states. :ohmy:

Wow, guess he wasn't feigning his excitement when I presented it to him! :laugh: :laugh:

No I was not. I placed that baby right where I can throw darts at it all winter long. :biggrin: :laugh:

I will say this work thing really sucks. :pissed:

I tell my boss that all the time - "work is getting in the way of the stuff I really like to do!" I figure if he fires me I will have more time to ride and since unemployment payments are direct deposit here I can spend the next 26 weeks touring the warm states. :fing02:

if all goes well, in 2 years I will be a 42 year old, retired, armed, professional motorcyle adventurer.

• Member Contributer

I will say this work thing really sucks. :biggrin:

I tell my boss that all the time - "work is getting in the way of the stuff I really like to do!" I figure if he fires me I will have more time to ride and since unemployment payments are direct deposit here I can spend the next 26 weeks touring the warm states. :pissed:

if all goes well, in 2 years I will be a 42 year old, retired, armed, professional motorcyle adventurer.

I hear you guys.

I was on a solo bike trip years ago, and I met this guy on the side of the road. His name was Max. We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the thickest fog you can imagine. He was 55 years old, retired MD, and all he did was rock his BMW GS all over the countryside. He had been all over the world. He showed me his bike and his gear and supplies - dude was a straight up warrior..... I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up from that day on. :fing02:

• 3 weeks later...

An update on my bike repairs after that wretched deer tried his best to spoil my Annual Catskills Ride!

The insurance agreed that it was "not my fault", so will pay for the repairs (-$250 deductible). The service manager reeled off the list of parts, and it was very long, too long to remember everything. I do remember that the list of damaged plastics was much longer than I imagined. Other than plastics, the list included: right rad, right foot peg, rear brake pedal, right clip on, right rotor (will change both), rim, and tank.

The part that really surprised me was the right clip on. That would explain why my right wrist hurt so much, still hurts today in fact. The impact with Bambi was hard enough that the weight on the clip on actually bent it. And here we thought the fork was bent...

The total price tag for all of the parts was just shy of 6000$CAD and around 8 hours labour. They were considering writing off the bike, but apparently it still lists for around 8000$ up here.

While I was waiting for the answer from the insurance company I looked around at what other bike I might buy if they give me cash instead. The most interesting possibility was a 2005 BMW R1200 ST with 4000km for 9995$. I was almost dissappointed when they decided to repair my VFR.

As of this Friday past, there was one part on back order (a wire harness) but no delivery date. They offered to paint it in flat black if I was willing to pay a premium, but I declined, since I don't usually drive fast enough to justify it. :biggrin: I'm REALLY HOPING that it is ready for this next weekend.

In the meantime I've been riding this really neat CBRXX that I won as a door prize at the Annual Catskills Ride. Here is a shot of it by the big tree in the back yard.

gallery_10716_3738_606608.jpg

bfn

DDO-VFR

I'll write back with photos of my new...ly repaired VFR. They wanted to paint it flat black, but I told them I was

They wanted to paint it flat black, but I told them I was

.....you were.....??????

who are these men who are so wise in the ways of science.

Sorry for the typo...meant to say was... but I told them I wasn't that...ahh...desperate... :fing02:

I hope you guys are being careful out there!

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Archived