What Bike Covers Do You Use

YoshiHNS

Nelson Rigg UV-2000 Motorcycle Half Cover, works well. I had planed on using it at work since I park in the desert sun, but chickened out because of the possibility of paint damage (to help prevent fading I use spray detailer on it couple of times a week). I've done two overnight trips and it works well for that. Packs small, attaches securely, and discourages (I hope) people form messing with the bike. Newenough had it for $30. They also have a review if you are interested.

gallery_9137_2250_109430.jpg

Cover

Action

Bought 2 car covers and 1 MC cover here a few months back. Car covers holding up OK in the sun, bird, and tree droppings.

Bike cover holding up like new, but is use in garage.

I forget which covers, but they were cheaper ones, about $50 - $60 for all 3.

http://www.coversuperstore.com/

• Member Contributer
Really looking for something for long trips. Full is preferable, but the half covers look good and would save space. Wanted black just to make it less visible at night when I camp out and that.

Ditto the comment on Geza Covers. They pack small, fit very well and I haven't had any problems with them rubbing the paint.

I use Dowco on all mine. They are 1st Gen and I use large size on both the 750 and 1000's. Have used them outside for long periods of time (not during NE USA winter) and they hold up well, no paint damage from rubbing/flapping and absolutely dry underneath. No moisture accumulation when it is damp or rainy outside. They can fold up pretty small, about the size of a Clymer manual and twice as think.

• Member Contributer

FYI, my WeatherShield is now turning a bit purple (it was black). Still works great, but considering the cost, I'd have expected a bit better, ah, weathering. (And considering the amount of sun we get here--can't imagine the color it would be in a place where the sun wasn't a rare sight!)

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I have a Dowco and like it for garage use. Nicely made but big and bulky.

My wife just got a Geza which will be great for parking her bike at work since it is so small and light.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

I have a Nelson Rigg cover like Yoshi's.........and i get A LOT OF CONDENSATION trapped underneath it. I'd look at the other options.

Really looking for something for long trips. Full is preferable, but the half covers look good and would save space. Wanted black just to make it less visible at night when I camp out and that.

Here's a Geza cover.... They breath (most important part) , they are reinforced in areas that need it. I've used them for at least 10 / 15 years .... the sun is your biggest enemy, along with condensation.

By the way, it comes with mirror socks.

http://www.gezagear.com/

gallery_16535_4484_2979729.jpg

DSC00125.JPG

gallery_16535_4484_1137014.jpg

DSC00127.JPG

• Member Contributer

Generic Canadian Tire model for medium size bike, hooded mesh at front around the mirrors,

heat shields at back for mufflers, tie points underneath and a built in storage pouch.

Use it for winter storage (under cover of course) no signs of condensation the few times

I've gone out to see if she was lonely.

During the riding season an old sheet keeps pollen, dust and little bird droppings off

also lengthens time between washings.

I just bought myself a Nelson Rigg MC-100 bike Cover. Feels durable, packs somewhat small, but I got one size too small. I bought a medium, and its skin tight. I had to fold my mirrors flush to get it on the bike to begin with.

So what covers are you using? Pack size? Fit?

I'm thinking a large Nelson Rigg MC-100 would fit the 4th gens well.

There are many types of breathable fabrics available. The big difference in price between the cheap covers (and tarps) and the good covers is due to the breathable fabrics. Never ever cover a bike with a non-breathable cover. Condensation build-up under the cover can do lots of damage.

I have the max cover from empire its a 3 layer cover made from Tyvek developed by DuPont.

http://motorcycle-covers-review.blogspot.com/

• Member Contributer
I see the "Dowco legend traveler" is a decent price... it's a half-cover. anyone have a guess as to the size for a 5th gen with givi luggage?? smile.gif I'm looking for something to put on it while at work. safety not a concern, just want to keep sun off extremities... Thanks!

I'm guessing a "large", shows for the ST, and I'm assuming they aren't including luggage for the VFR size...

Dusty thread!

I've had the Dowco legend traveler cover (1/2 cover) for 6 years now and it works great, and still like new.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

Monk or anyone who has a Geza cover,

What cover do you have, IE - Pro / Pro Plus / Elite ? Looking for a compact that I can take on road trips or to use at my place of work. I have a Canadian tire cheapo that I use for winter coverage inside my shed, but to bulky to bring along. Thx.

Monk or anyone who has a Geza cover,

What cover do you have, IE - Pro / Pro Plus / Elite ? Looking for a compact that I can take on road trips or to use at my place of work. I have a Canadian tire cheapo that I use for winter coverage inside my shed, but to bulky to bring along. Thx.

Pro plus, is the one I have..... packs small. The main thing I use it for is to keep it out of the "SUN" on trips that run more than one day......... And the rain is for the seat and grips(Grip-Puppies).

I'm happy with it, it does the job..... I had one on my '99 as well.

• Member Contributer

I use old bedsheets in the garage, none outside.

Old flannel fitted sheet.

Been there, done it. I have inherited some items that make it a pain in the butt to take my bike in and out of my shed every night. So, the days of a nice flannel sheet do not work anymore. Sun, rain, snow.... welcome to Alberta.

Archived