My 1983 Vf750f Restoration Project, Lotsa Big Pics!

SEBSPEED

Trouble is, there isn't enough room left on the bar to mount the clamp, that's why I cut the first one. Sorry, I didn't specify that. I might try to get another whatchamacallit - the clamp piece for the clutch master - maybe I can weld the mirror mount to the top of that, or make a new one entirely... ?

Will these help?

Mirror clamp

Yes, they would - if they fit onto Honda controls. I've seen them, problem is, they're made to fit brembo & Magura controls which have offset mounting screws. sad.gif

Ahh. Thought you were running brembo's but must have been thinking of the '86?

1000RR clutch master! Would like them to match, ya know?

I've got an ace up my sleeve, just waiting to get some parts cut and I'll let you see it... :fing02:

Trouble is, there isn't enough room left on the bar to mount the clamp, that's why I cut the first one. Sorry, I didn't specify that. I might try to get another whatchamacallit - the clamp piece for the clutch master - maybe I can weld the mirror mount to the top of that, or make a new one entirely... ?

Will these help?

Mirror clamp

Yes, they would - if they fit onto Honda controls. I've seen them, problem is, they're made to fit brembo & Magura controls which have offset mounting screws. sad.gif

Ahh. Thought you were running brembo's but must have been thinking of the '86?

1000RR clutch master! Would like them to match, ya know?

I've got an ace up my sleeve, just waiting to get some parts cut and I'll let you see it... :cool:

This is NOT the ace up my sleeve, but it looks like it would work! http://www.mxsouth.com/moose/moose-racing-...lutch-perch.htm

• 3 weeks later...
Hows it going now Seb? or you working on your other project? lol

Right now busy with my (other) other project, getting my new house done. here and there I get to peek under the cover and see if any elves started putting the bike together for me...

Trying to get the front brakes buttoned up actually, I need 1000R brackets to mount my calipers. Once that's done, I might just roll it off the lift and let it soak up a little sun before the cold weather sets in.

• Member Contributer
Right now busy with my (other) other project, getting my new house done. here and there I get to peek under the cover and see if any elves started putting the bike together for me...

Trying to get the front brakes buttoned up actually, I need 1000R brackets to mount my calipers. Once that's done, I might just roll it off the lift and let it soak up a little sun before the cold weather sets in.

Better hurry, I hear Honda is about to unveil something new........ Wouldn't want your thunder stolen. :biggrin:

Better hurry, I hear Honda is about to unveil something new........ Wouldn't want your thunder stolen. :biggrin:

Meh. This bike will be no less spectacular by comparison. At least it won't be fat and bulbous...

Guest dougie750

I for one can't wait to see it, but I understand that you have more pressing issues at the momment smile.gif, so i will just go back thro and look at the pic again with the engine in smile.gif

:fing02: We're just a few days from being in the house officially, moving more stuff in this weekend. It'll take a couple weeks to settle in, but I will try my best to get a pic of something new up soon! :laugh:

Congrats Seb. Did you tear down the old house or just build a new one on the property? Same garage or did you build a new Jay Leno style stable?

Thanks Mike! We tore down the old one, and put a new one in it's place. The garage remains the same as before, but there's still room to go 10-12' out the back in the future... :blink:

• Member Contributer
The garage remains the same as before, but there's still room to go 10-12' out the back in the future... :blink:

.......................................lol .........Spring? :fing02: :dry:

• 2 weeks later...
Off topic but congrats on the new place. :goofy:

Thanks man! :cool:

Hope the family is keeping warm. Did you get the brackets?

Yep, we're warm now that we got the boiler all figured out. :blink: Got the brackets, I even managed to take them out of their ziplocs and squirt some brake cleaner on them.. but not enough to clean them. :beer: :goofy: The good news at least, is that the 750 calipers DO fit the R brackets! Phew!! :blush:

That looked like a fun project, the bike looks very nice as well. smile.gif

I love the "old" sport bikes, but I have a thing for the 1986 VFR. I'd love to get one, something about them stirs something up in me.

That looked like a fun project, the bike looks very nice as well. smile.gif

I love the "old" sport bikes, but I have a thing for the 1986 VFR. I'd love to get one, something about them stirs something up in me.

In that case, check out this thread... http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46564 :beer:

Guest dougie750

Very sorry, but family comes first... I fastened a set of turn signals to the front, and that's it... you want to see pics of that?? LOL

Yeah I love pics, i will show you mine if you show me yours lol

Glad your getting sorted tho, get all the jobs done in the house and out the way, then you can have more Q.G.T. smile.gif

Edited by dougie750

• Member Contributer

Off topic but congrats on the new place. :pissed:

I too congrats on the new place. How about some photos of the new place???? :angry:

Stephen

Guest dougie750

Seb,

If you get a chance can you post a pic of the left hand side of of your engine, just above the front sprocket, the reason i am asking is because of the oil mod.

my engine has a metal pipe on it going from above the front sprocket to a t peice that then feeds oil up to the cylinder heads, but looking at peoples pictures no one mentions this spot (above the front sprocket), do you have it on your engine? is it a euro thing? and if you did have have it did you just blank it off?

many thanks

dougie

Seb,

If you get a chance can you post a pic of the left hand side of of your engine, just above the front sprocket, the reason i am asking is because of the oil mod.

my engine has a metal pipe on it going from above the front sprocket to a t peice that then feeds oil up to the cylinder heads, but looking at peoples pictures no one mentions this spot (above the front sprocket), do you have it on your engine? is it a euro thing? and if you did have have it did you just blank it off?

many thanks

dougie

I don't have a pic handy, but I know what you're talking about. You're right, it's seldom mentioned when oil kits are referenced. All you need to do is stick a bolt in there along with a new crush washer to block it off. I don't remember the bolt size off the top of my head, and the PM I had that contained the info was lost the last time we had an outage here, I lost at least 100 PMs that had good info in them! I will take a walk out to the shop and see if I wrote it down in my notes out there. It's either M10 or M12, x 1.0 or 1.25, 25mm long I believe.

Sorry for being vague, just don't haven't had my head in garage mode for too long now. sad.gif I do know that I bought the bolt at Home Depot(will replace with an nice anodized part eventually...). If you take the old bolt to a hardware store, you should be able to find what you need. You'll want to engage at least 5-6 threads, and you don't want one that's too long either. Just subtract the amount of shoulder on the old bolt that accommodated the banjo fitting.