My 1983 Vf750f Restoration Project, Lotsa Big Pics!

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Thanks. The lathe is in, but with 4 ongoing projects fighting for attention, I can't make any promises.

d3ece787.jpg

"Mom, I miss Dad."

Any space to the right for a milling machine?

Boy I hope so.

The guy I bought the lathe from also has a decent benchtop mill, but I'm not sure that it's what I want.

Guest Pops

...and a sandblast cabinet,...and a paint booth,...and a powdercoating oven, etc, etc.

...and a sandblast cabinet,...and a paint booth,...and a powdercoating oven, etc, etc.

I have 2 blast cabinets, medium size one in my shop for glass bead and a big one for sandblasting that I'm keeping at the auto body shop where I do all my paint work. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest VF700guy

Man. That bike is lookin good! I have one question, how did you get the swing arm off the frame? I can't find a 13 mm Allen wrench anywhere!!

Thanks, and welcome to VFRD! The tools are out there, I think I got mine from Snap-On.

You could also find a key in the size you need, then cut it and stick that in a socket. As a last resort, I've also been known to buy hex bolts with a head larger than the part size, along with a nut. I sand the head down till it fits the part, then weld the nut on the bolt and put a wrench on the nut.

• Member Contributer

On my 4th gen, the bolts that hold the subframe to the frame have unusually long hex heads on them. I just put one of them in my 13mm combination wrench and used it like a 13mm allen key.

7346540898_ef3847439d.jpg

7161333509_42902b8515.jpg

Guest VF700guy

Is there a specific company that u got your seat done at? And could u give email or phone# for the company? Thinking about doing my seat like that

Any good upholstery shop oughta be able to.

For motorcycle seats specifically, I've had excellent results from Sargent Seats.

You can send in your seat base and they can do whatever you wish. Recover, reshape, lower, new foam, anything.

I know. I didn't know what the name of their company was though

Thought I had that in there. Wells Upholstery in Ohio. Send a PM to "theoxmole", his parents own the business and his mum made my cover.

• 2 months later...