Saturday Is Starting To Look Like A Good Day To Ride

IMG_0222.jpg

John and the late risers

RIDE REPORT:

Well, u20overboy (John) and I met at Pucketts at 11 this morning. I noticed ice at several locations on the way to our meeting so I was a little worried out of the gates. It was about 40 degrees when we arrived and after a quick introduction (1st time he and I have met), we both voted for lunch to allow the roads time to melt some more. 2 full plates of Brisket, pulled pork, greens and corn bread later, he and I were on our way. A Gixxer and bandit arrived along with a couple of cruisers just as we were leaving. I guess we weren't the only ones who couldn't wait to get out on the roads after this past week of freezing temperatures:

We put in about 230 miles total. We hit hohenwald, clifton, linden and centerville just to name a few of the towns. John lead for most of the way as we were in his playground. I spent 80% of the time just trying to keep up with the man. He can definitely fly! +1.gif The weather turn out to be just perfect. The 40 degrees in the morning was a little cool, but it warmed up nicely to 56 about half way through and the sky was perfectly blue. Except for a small patch of ice that we hit early on, the roads were in perfect condition and the traffic was relatively light. All in all, a great day for a ride and a great route chosen by John. :thumbsup:

Here is a 10 min clip near the end where we really hit some nice twisties (near the end of the clip). You out did yourself John. Thanks for showing the way and I look forward to doing it again B) :D

th_438.jpg

damn - that 8 inches of white shat fell again tonight, I have to shovel or else I'd be there!!!!

HAve fun Dale!!

Bastage..... <_<

i swear i think of you and some of your 'snow bound' pictures everytime i ride in the winter...spring is comin'!

damn - that 8 inches of white shat fell again tonight, I have to shovel or else I'd be there!!!!

HAve fun Dale!!

Bastage..... <_<

No white stuff here, but a 1/2" of ice followed by heavy rains & cold wind gusts does not make it any easier... <_<

collegehumor.dd640c711047a657d4bca3e8e5d55e66.jpg

• Member Contributer

This is gonna' be bike maintenance day for me....3 oil changes, and new accessories being mounted on the Triumph. Wife has to work today, so I've gotta' get this stuff done so "we" can ride on Sunday........Sorry

This is gonna' be bike maintenance day for me....3 oil changes, and new accessories being mounted on the Triumph. Wife has to work today, so I've gotta' get this stuff done so "we" can ride on Sunday........Sorry

i understand. i did mine last week. i thought about sunday, but the weather says chance of rain here....plus there is some little football game on too. :P

Very cool, and thanks for the report. I like ride reports, it's free, good entertainment. We also were out today in the uwharrie nat. forest.

What color was the gixxer? I may know her. :warranty:

If I could see the full pic., I could tell.

Oh Drat!! :unsure: I just saw this thread! Would LOVE to have joined you guys today ... that'll teach me to go to bed early on a Friday night!! :warranty:

Glad you guys had a good ride today. Hope there's a repeat of the weather tomorrow, as I'm planning on heading to Puckett's in the morning for an easy breakfast run. :thumbsup:

Very cool, and thanks for the report. I like ride reports, it's free, good entertainment. We also were out today in the uwharrie nat. forest.

What color was the gixxer? I may know her. :warranty:

If I could see the full pic., I could tell.

it was a black gixxer.

What camera mount is that? Could you move down a bit to show the tach a little?

Very nice vid. Slow down.

it is a ram mount w/ 5" extension mounted to the front tank bolts. your wish is my command. i started out like this, but the way it mounts, it ended up bouncing too much at high speeds, so i had to go back to the front view (no tach) i was saving this video for all the vtec haters, but the clarity was not quite there. if you look hard, you will see that i sit for most of the ride around 7k and my bike does not blow up, stall, spit me off or lurch uncontrollably through the corners. oh, right about 4:30 or so (just in front of the buildings) you will see where we slowed way down. lucky for us as the bike does lurch from hitting ICE on the road oops!:

th_vtec.jpg

• Member Contributer

Why did you stop at the stop sign?? That just wastes time... :warranty:

I would consider it but just doing a short ride tomorrow. Been working too late and most of the day today so I'm used up. There will be make up time soon.

Nice road. You would enjoy a "Skuuter not so crawl" with us up and down the many routes around Monteagle. No barbed wire fences to worry about....just flying off the mountain.... :unsure:

Oh, and all you have to do is his the shift key for capital letters.... :P

Have fun!

Bent wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Great video Dale.......... :thumbsup: Only ride I got in was early to the Honda shop, then the "back way" to Lynchburg to pick up glove liners I ordered for me, Mrs. skuuter and Bent.....rest of the day was spent "bike wrenching".

Weather was the same here, 40s in the early morning with ice patches on the back roads....even in the sunny areas....odd, musta' been wind chill factor...... :warranty:

Since I live on the main highway and was working in the driveway, buddies kept stopping by hindering my "wrench progress" with "Man, it's beautiful today, you oughta' be riding"....or...."I just knew you'd be out riding somewhere today".......AAAAAaaaaargh !!!!!.................... :unsure:

Oh yeah, glad Ya'll got in a good ride.................... :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Very cool. Clipp'n along :warranty: really well. That would have taken me about 18 min. LOL.

Very cool. Clipp'n along :warranty: really well. That would have taken me about 18 min. LOL.

same here. john knew the route and if i wasnt so scared of being lost in the middle of no where, i would have never kept up! :unsure:

Man yesterday looked like it was a great day to have been out riding and I had to turn down several offers to ride because I've taken on extra work that will eat most of my free time. sad.gif

Turned down a breakfast run this morning too! :warranty:

Hopefully I'll be out riding again soon.

Nice report Dale! :thumbsup:

ps where is this Pucketts place? :offtopic:

Saturday turned out to be a real good day for me I finally got to meet a member in person and ride.Dale glad I got to meet you.I enjoyed the conversation,food and most of all the ride. Next time we'll ride your roads and I'll try to keep up.That video sure makes it look like we were going fast. THANKS AGAIN JOHN

• Member Contributer
Saturday turned out to be a real good day for me I finally got to meet a member in person and ride.Dale glad I got to meet you.I enjoyed the conversation,food and most of all the ride. Next time we'll ride your roads and I'll try to keep up.That video sure makes it look like we were going fast. THANKS AGAIN JOHN

Dale is top notch.

Go to T-Mac. One of the best times of your life. AWESOME folks!

• Member Contributer
I'm registered and have a room and looking forward to meeting other members especially if you'll are as nice as Dale.

You'll meet a lot of nice folks......the membership here is top-notch compared to anyone's........... :thumbsup:

Great buncha' folks in the Mid-Tn VFRD group also..........look forward to meetin' Ya'.......you'll hafta' come down for a Skuuter Crawl sometime................. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Well, dang it. If I'd a known that, I'd have ridden over and let you do my bike. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Well, dang it. If I'd a known that, I'd have ridden over and let you do my bike. :unsure:

Darn, coulda' swore I invited your bikes over.....sorry, just a honest mistake............. :goofy:

......had enough buddies stopping by with the "why aren't you riding comments" anyway............ :goofy:

Archived