Almost Killed Myself Please Help

Guest sigsauer33

ok so lets look at this, 600 for 6 days is awesome!!!!!

set of full leathers 400

set of tires 300

misc items to make bike track legal 50

Hotel for 6 days 300 @ 50 a night

1,650!!!! Got to be honest that is about 2 months of pay, now dont get me wrong I am not giving you crap I would take that deal in a sec but I think that I need to take some classes first since I have never been on a track before and just the amount of gear and items for your bike that you need almost make it worht buying a GSX-R for just the track!

But if I wanted to be rich I would have never joined the Marines

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok so lets look at this, 600 for 6 days is awesome!!!!!

set of full leathers 400

set of tires 300

misc items to make bike track legal 50

Hotel for 6 days 300 @ 50 a night

1,650!!!! Got to be honest that is about 2 months of pay, now dont get me wrong I am not giving you crap I would take that deal in a sec but I think that I need to take some classes first since I have never been on a track before and just the amount of gear and items for your bike that you need almost make it worht buying a GSX-R for just the track!

But if I wanted to be rich I would have never joined the Marines

if you wanted to be rich, you would have never started riding motorcycles and ESPECIALLY never start riding track days! :goofy:

• Member Contributer
I wish I could show you all what the Marine Corps is paying me now, then we can talk about a track day! smile.gif thank you all for all for your input and advice, I really learned how jacked up my riding really is!

You're welcome... an inexpensive alternative to sorting out your riding habits is Twist of the

Wrist II... it spells out the art of riding in easy to understand technical terms so you can go out

on the perverted highway and practice on your own...

https://secure.echoalley.com/superbikeschool/store/

126094.jpg

• Member Contributer
HJC helmet, Joe rocket textile jacket, Joe rocket stage one pants, gel padded gloves, steel toe boot (wal-mart) ICON riding reflective vest.

You might want to trim the square leading edge of the heel of the Wal Mart boot 45º to prevent

it from catching a piece of road going X MPH because it will toss your foot up and over your head

the same MPH...

Square leading edge heel...

980.jpg

45º leading edge heel...

supermoto.h.s.web.jpg

They do have a tendency to 'push' the front during hard cornering - it's one of the main bugbears of the RC45 racebike.

Mercy Phantom... after 50K miles in the saddle I'm qualified to say that a properly set up RC45

has no tendency to push the front during hard cornering... quite the contrary it sports the one of

the most confident front ends in the business...

Maybe Sigsauer33 needs to give you some fast cornering tips :rolleyes:

There's no doubt that the RC45 has a great front end, it's just that the rest of the bike can overpower it at times.

Wayne Gardner talked highly of the 1992 bike and said the '93 Factory RVF's and the RC45 went in the wrong direction as far as engine placement in the frame and it's effect on turning/handling. Even though Honda claims the engine sits 10mm further forward in the frame compared to the RC30, both Factory team racers Arron Slight and Doug Polen, talked about chasing the front end as it pushes and has lack of feedback in the turns. In the August 1995 Issue of Sport Rider Magazine Lance Holst mentions more than a couple of times the unnerving lack of front-end feedback both on Arron Slight's Factory RVF and similar characteristics the RC45 Street bike.

From http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/specs/94-95-rvf750.html - there was a lot of similar commentary during the RC45's racing career, I recall Colin Edwards in particular being quite critical of the way the front would try to tuck when he pushed it too hard. Anthony Gobert also had similar comments after riding the Muzzy ZX-7RR and reflecting on how different it was to the RC45.

The VFR carries this albatross too.

• Member Contributer
Maybe Sigsauer33 needs to give you some fast cornering tips :rolleyes:

There's no doubt that the RC45 has a great front end, it's just that the rest of the bike can overpower it at times.

I could use some tips as I think I suck at riding...

There's no doubt in my mind that a stock 120HP RC45 and even one pump up to 150HP with all

the HRC bolt on goodies is safe from over powering the front... you're talking about the 191RWHP

full HRC race version that gave Honda fits... it proved to be more finicky to set up than Mick

Doohan's NSR500 Gp racer... Mercy!!!

• Member Contributer

If you are riding hard enough to remove a peg feeler and still grind the peg, then a Pilot Road is the last thing you should be riding on. Technique and all that aside, that tire doesn't exactly inspire cornering confidence.

My VFR used to push the front tire a bit until I set it up right.

No offense Sig, but if you are riding that hard and still have to ask this question than you are riding WAY over your head, imo.

• Member Contributer

albatross.jpg

Perhaps turning it down a notch isn't gonna hurt. You did just joined, hate to lose 'ya so quick.

albatross.jpg

Perhaps turning it down a notch isn't gonna hurt. You did just joined, hate to lose 'ya so quick.

yeah, yeah.....now the important question....can you get us a line on a P229 elite? :rolleyes:

get you the sport tires, setup your bike, ATGATT and call me in the morning!

Ok something you all should know, I just joined this site becuase I have been deployed, I do not get to spend much time at home, within the 2 1/2 years that I have been SC I have actually been here for 7 months of it that is why I just joined. I have been riding for 9 years and am about to take the MSF instructor course, I know that I am not riding above my means, I grew up on a YZF so I am still getting used to a sport tour! My father gave me this VFR for my birthday but I have been riding it when it was his since 02 but now I ma really getting the chance to get to know the machine. You are starting to sound like my father, he always tells me to google "Shitty rider" and I will see a picture of my face (he is always trying to push me to be a better rider than I am now).

• Member Contributer
It still could be tires that had gone bad before their time.

Happened to me and my Hawk GT. I had faiirly new tires on the bike when I moved into an apartment building where I was told to park my bike in front of the mechanical room doors in the parking basement. Riding home from work and I noticed that on a couple of times, the front end was trying to wash out on me on curves and the rear was dancing around. I checked the tires closely when I got home and found them all cracked and hardened. Only thing I can figure what happened was, the ozone laden (caused by big HVAC electricmotors in the machine room) air coming from the the machine room ate up my tires as it sat parked in front of that machine room all those months. My year and a half old tires looked like they were 20 year old antiques with all sorts of cracking and checking on the sidewalls and they were hard like plastic. So, do not discount evnvironmental factors when assessing the condition of your tires, no matter how new you think they are.

Had a pair of Macadams that were old stock. Weather crack on the inside. Aramid fibers probably have a shelf life. I buy only fresh tires and inspect them before I have them mounted. Michilins are not my first choice either.

• Member Contributer

Push the front tire out and get 93 posts and 1,668 views......."Post-Hos"............. :salesman:

Ok something you all should know, I just joined this site becuase I have been deployed, I do not get to spend much time at home, within the 2 1/2 years that I have been SC I have actually been here for 7 months of it that is why I just joined. I have been riding for 9 years and am about to take the MSF instructor course, I know that I am not riding above my means, I grew up on a YZF so I am still getting used to a sport tour! My father gave me this VFR for my birthday but I have been riding it when it was his since 02 but now I ma really getting the chance to get to know the machine. You are starting to sound like my father, he always tells me to google "Shitty rider" and I will see a picture of my face (he is always trying to push me to be a better rider than I am now).

and we love ya just as much!! :warranty:

having the VFR in the garage is great incentive to get back quickly.

Archived