Rc211v Replica

Guest vfrrider

Man, between this thread, the Hossack VFR thread, and the Torocharger thread, VFRd has been a goldmine of VFR modification info. :thumbsup:

Keep the updates coming!! :rolleyes:

Wait, what Hossack vfr thread?

Where, I really have to do something about this modification addiction.

I know,... Prioritize the mods.

Where can I find that hossack vfr thread again???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, between this thread, the Hossack VFR thread, and the Torocharger thread, VFRd has been a goldmine of VFR modification info. :thumbsup:

Keep the updates coming!! :rolleyes:

Wait, what Hossack vfr thread?

Where, I really have to do something about this modification addiction.

I know,... Prioritize the mods.

Where can I find that hossack vfr thread again???

Once again, search is your friend: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...&hl=hossack

Tightwad,

Yea, Little Elm is SOOOO far away. Oh, don't worry, I'll let you know when the wiring begins. I have all the parts (I think) but I will need help to make sure its all connected correctly. I don't like Mr. Hondas wiring jobs.

Larry

VFRrider

HRC Skunkworks, southern division.

Yup, I even know where Dallas is...saw it on a map once. I think if you take the blue road and go up and then over, you get to Little Elm. Anytime you want to work on the wiring give me a shout.

Larry, what kind of power are you thinking you're going to get from the 1k? What kind of weight penalty are you paying for the larger motor?

Stock the VF1KR was 122 at the rear wheels (?). If I take it to a expert, 140 is easy. But the torque is massive.

Weight penalty, I doubt it. Neither is svelte.

Exhaust sound, unbelievable.

It will be a monster. Yes, I know, the CBR1000RR has more HP, lighter, etc, etc.

BUT ITS NOT A V4.

BTW, got the CBR1000RR radiator in tonight. Looks about the same width as the frame. We'll see.

Larry

Something wicked this way comes.

That kinda HP might make this thing relevant...I can't wait to hear this thing howl.

• Member Contributer
Stock the VF1KR was 122 at the rear wheels (?). If I take it to a expert, 140 is easy. But the torque is massive.

Just came across this and thought about your project. Here's the bike's description:

1985 Honda VF1000R SC16 with DRP stage 3 cams, ported heads with race springs and titanium retainers, K&N filter, Dynojet kit, ignition 3 degrees advanced.

So, yeah, it's pretty serious.

• Member Contributer
Speaking of bolts...... I bought a box of VF1000R engine bolts off ebay earlier this year. Let me know if you need somethiing. :thumbsup:

OH, I see now. Now that I ran poor old SA3713 (Jim, big thanks) all over the place with trades and parts, you volunteer parts. Sure send me all the engine mounting bolts, from the crossbolt to all 3 side bolts (each side).

BTW, since you volunteered. Have any idea how to plumb the oil cooler up. There are cast in holes waiting to be tapped, but is that all I need to do? Which is high side?

I checked my box this weekend Larry, and no mounting bolts. All I have are case covers and inward.

I couldn't tell you about the oil cooler, I didn't think we had one at all on the 1000R. Or are wanting supplimental cooling?

I couldn't tell you about the oil cooler, I didn't think we had one at all on the 1000R. Or are wanting supplimental cooling?

You have to drill and tap the block. There are apparently some blank spots in the casting where an oil cooler would connect.

I think the Euro bikes had them?

Member VF1000RS has the information.

Guest vfrrider

Thanks VF1000RS for the tip on the oil cooler and plumbing.

Help, Fastguyeddy has pointed out a little hitch in attaching a 3rd gen shock linkage to a 4th gen frame. I need a pic or drawing of the whole installation down there for clarification, preferabley both side and top/bottom views of the 4th gen shock attachment.

Thanks,

Larry

Something wicked this way comes, slowly.

Guest vfrrider

Guess what just got here. Christmas, ala Nicky.

The Tail.

Its starting to look like a GP bike in my garage. In pieces, but there somewhere.

Larry

VFRrider

Something wicked this way comes, a little closer.

The Tail.

Its starting to look like a GP bike in my garage. In pieces, but there somewhere.

Larry

VFRrider

how well does the subframe bolt up?

i demand pictures

Guest vfrrider

The Tail.

Larry

VFRrider

how well does the subframe bolt up?

i demand pictures

Waht pics, this is all just smoke and mirrors.

Actually, the rear subframe is on order. That is, the 1.5" carbon angle and the .030 carbon plate for panels are on order. With a little PROBABLY Devcon 2 part epoxy, a few drill bits, some aircraft stainless rivets, I'll make my own. Fitting the tail to the frame to the tank now. Looks like a little mods are in order on the engine to frame fitment also. The right side gear case is larger on the VF1000R than the VFR. I'll have to trim and regusset the frame ears as they stick down to get the engine all the way in. The side to side is fine.

Pics as I actually accomplish something.

Geez, Eddy is SO impatient.

Dahm, missed a really good deal on some carbon fairings this week. But my local dealer has started his own mfgr and will hook my up next month. So no shipping costs, but local taxes.

Larry

VFRrider

Something wicked this way comes, slowly, but it is coming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
1985 Honda VF1000R SC16 with DRP stage 3 cams, ported heads with race springs and titanium retainers, K&N filter, Dynojet kit, ignition 3 degrees advanced.

So, yeah, it's pretty serious.

Man that sounds wicked... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vfrrider

OK, ok.

No pics, hunting the illusive CBR600RR fairng front end, 2005. THOUGHT I had a carbon one, but he only has the top, no sides, bottom. Seems Seb just posted he has a front end in his garage, we'll see.

Frame news. Have to do some clearnace cutting for the right engine case. Trying to see if I can do it inside the frame only, maybe, but doubtful. The engineeer in me says I'll have to go back and reinforce the area, probably both sides.

Working on the front fairing some I can do mounts, etc. Anyone got a CBR1000RR gauge set they'll part with reasonable?

Pics soon. Stay posted, BIG garage sale soon, maybe a few 3rd gen rear wheels.

Larry

VFRrider

This working is cutting inito my modding time. Taking off next week to finish the 93, work on the frame.

Anyone got a CBR1000RR gauge set they'll part with reasonable?

ha! good luck on that one. everyone i have talked to wants like 200 for theirs. sounds a little unreasonable to me

ill keep an eye out for ya tho. got any pictures of the areas that need clearancing?

Guest vfrrider

I saw those, and the Veypor unit. They look pretty small. Still holding out for a CBR1000RR unit, if I can afford one.

My local Honda dealer called me last night and their aftermarket division is up and running and he is getting me a quote for a 2005 CBR600RR fairing kit, in carbon and fiberglass. He wants me to get it fully painted from him, so I sent him a pic of Nicky RC. We'll see. Oppracing makes a great looking setup, $1400 in carbin, about $700 in fiberglass.

This would all be so easy, if only I did not have to work and had an unlimited budget.

Larry

VFRrider

• Member Contributer

You really can't go wrong with the Veypor unit. Tiny but powerful. It really does everything a stock gauge can do plus more.

• 4 weeks later...