Custom Painted 5th Gen

Veefer800Canuck

Rarely do I see a repainted bike that I like. Mostly, people flake out and just go black because it requires no imagination.

Exceptions would be Toro's Tangelo bike and this one here:

maroon1to0.jpg

maroon2yt4.jpg

maroon3tp6.jpg

Nice colour. I'd do my bike like that in a moment!

Apparently, it has a cellophane effect to the paint.

• Member Contributer

That does look nice. Agreed on Toro's bike too :thumbsup: One thing that stands out on this bike for me is the aluminum chainguard. It really cleans up that side of the bike. Any idea who makes those, wouldn't mind one for mine :thumbsup:

Nice color for the marble effect, been contemplating doing the same on my bike but in a dark blue however that color sure is nice. Happen to know the name of it?

Also, I believe the chain guard is made my Thurn Motorsports.

• Member Contributer
That does look nice. Agreed on Toro's bike too :thumbsup: One thing that stands out on this bike for me is the aluminum chainguard. It really cleans up that side of the bike. Any idea who makes those, wouldn't mind one for mine :thumbsup:

I believe this would be The Link.

The polished rims seem to go well with that color too!

That does look pretty sweet!

Looks to me to be red pearl with marbelizer in a midcoat over a black base, similar to what I did with my F4i. :thumbsup:

MEMDAY04.jpg

My bike doesn't have the marbled effect added, and I have 2.5 coats of a heavy dry pearl mix over the black. If I had to guess, I would say that that paint on that vfr is a dry red pearl mixed ~3-4 parts into 10 parts stretcher, thinned a bit further with the marbelizer, then applied in 1.5-2 coats over the black, followed by 2-3 coats of clear.

• Member Contributer

That looks to me like House of color candy brandywine. That color was popular in the late 80's on street rods. May be anything , though. How do you tell from pics?

That looks to me like House of color candy brandywine. That color was popular in the late 80's on street rods. May be anything , though. How do you tell from pics?

Well, you can tell it's a three stage paint, from the visible black base. I'm thinking dry pearls over liquid candy mixed in because of the sparkle, the dry pearls are coarser, but, you could very well be right, it sure is red and could very well have been accomplished with a candy. Or they could have mixed the midcoat with dry pearls and tinted it(making their own custom candy mix). Or, or, or... no matter what, it's nice! smile.gif

And some folks just have money to spend and want something different. look at all the people buying 8-spoke wheels. Are they more round than 5-spokers? I'm sure very few of them were replaced due to crash damage. People powdercoat their wheels, & other parts all the time for a different look. More power to them!

ps- my F4i was painted because of crash damage that it had when I bought it. :P :goofy:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
Rarely do I see a repainted bike that I like. Mostly, people flake out and just go black because it requires no imagination.

Exceptions would be Toro's Tangelo bike and this one here:

maroon1to0.jpg

maroon2yt4.jpg

maroon3tp6.jpg

Nice colour. I'd do my bike like that in a moment!

Apparently, it has a cellophane effect to the paint.

Pretty awesome results. I wince at the thought of custom paint jobs. I saw an R1 with the same paint it looks impressive up close too.

• Member Contributer
Nice color for the marble effect, been contemplating doing the same on my bike but in a dark blue however that color sure is nice. Happen to know the name of it?

Also, I believe the chain guard is made my Thurn Motorsports.

'94 Kawasaki ZX9 had a stock color "Midnight Blue" or something. Black pearl with a hind of deep blue.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always loved this color. If my bike went down, I'd get it painted this color:

http://www.turneraut..._green_vert.htm

http://69.89.25.185/...e/greenhornets/

Fairway Green Metallic, was a low-production color for '97 and '98 Corvettes. Was always the color I picked when I picked the Corvette in Need for Speed III :D

Mind you, I quite like my blue bike - and the Canada/Europe 5th gen green color as well.

• Member Contributer

Wow, looking at that red again, jeez that is sweet. Would love to have mine painted something like that or blue. -- There are days that I'm tired of the fire engine red.

Archived