Rear Seat / Tail Bag

Bent

• Member Contributer

Apparently, I'm the only rider in the universe that doesn't like tank bags.

I'm looking for a small "day bag" to carry a bottle of water, sandwich, digital camera, and a few "what nots" that will strap / attach to the rear seat. Nothing fancy, nothing large and imposing, just a small strap on piece of luggage.

Thanks,

Bent :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I'm looking for a small "day bag" to carry a bottle of water, sandwich, digital camera, and a few "what nots" that will strap / attach to the rear seat. Nothing fancy, nothing large and imposing, just a small strap on piece of luggage.

Thanks,

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24686

I'm thinking about gett'n a second, for my seat, for long hauls.

Anything smaller, and youre prolly look'n at a fanny pack. Check into Rapid Transit, also.

Try looking on www.luggagelocker.com I recieved one of their elite tail bags for Christmas and really like it :goofy: . It is a little pricey though but it has a lifetime warranty and made in America usac.gif . Check them out the only thing you could lose is a little time on your computer.

Try looking on www.luggagelocker.com I recieved one of their elite tail bags for Christmas and really like it :goofy: . It is a little pricey though but it has a lifetime warranty and made in America usac.gif . Check them out the only thing you could lose is a little time on your computer.

:thumbsup: :goofy: :beer:

• Member Contributer
No, you're NOT alone!! I hate 'em too

But, check this out:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/tour_master_cor...il_bag_page.htm

They're awesome!! :thumbsup:

(Baileyrock and I both have them on our bikes).

:thumbsup: to the bag TN_VFR_Girl just mentioned. I did a 4 day trip out of mine with no problems.

If you really prefer a smaller bag you might look into a strap-on tank bag that would clip to the seat.

Thanks,

I dont really the tank bag either, I'd much prefer a tail bag, looking myself, somthing not too large . The only 2 options I see are the cortech sport tail bag and the seat sak. I think the cortech looks nice but the mounting may be better on the seat sak.

I'm not sure of which one to get, I do like the cortech sport saddle bags that can be mounted along with the sport tail bag.

I like my seat cowl and not sure how well it would work with tail bag, probably have to remove it.

• Member Contributer

Shannon helped me solve the problem. I really like the bag she pointed me to. The deal is done.

She's a great addition to the board as she offered me a refund and her BMW if I didn't like it. :goofy:

Bent wink.gif

• Member Contributer
Shannon helped me solve the problem. I really like the bag she pointed me to. The deal is done.

She's a great addition to the board as she offered me a refund and her BMW if I didn't like it. :goofy:

Bent wink.gif

I see you're still delirious from your bout with the flu this week.....takes "OLD" people a while to recover.............. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Bent wink.gif

I see you're still delirious from your bout with the flu this week.....takes "OLD" people a while to recover.............. :goofy:

Gosh, Skuuter, I'm so sorry to hear you're "old". :o

Delirious, absolutely! I had scarlet fever when I was two y. o. and haven't shaken the fever. If you had known me in my 20's, you would KNOW I'm delirious. Have a great week, my friend! People like you are what makes VFRD work.

Always My Best,

Bent :beer:

flag_alabama.gif

Bent wink.gif

HEY NOW ... WAIT A MINUTE!!! :huh:

I thought you were going to give me your BMW if you didn't like it :lol:

• Member Contributer

Went by the Kawasaki shop in Tullahoma Bent.....there is one of the bags like BRs in the window sitting on a display bike. Judy's leather at Lynchburg is a dealer also. I can probably make a deal with Sky (owner) sometime........See Ya'............. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Went by the Kawasaki shop in Tullahoma Bent.....there is one of the bags like BRs in the window sitting on a display bike. Judy's leather at Lynchburg is a dealer also. I can probably make a deal with Sky (owner) sometime........See Ya'............. :thumbsup:

Man, I'm too lazy when all I have to do is give them a bunch of numbers over the internet and the bag shows up. I kinda hope I don't like it so I can get Shannon's bike....

• Member Contributer

Bent wink.gif

NO, NO Shannon! Don't you remember me saying I wanted two BMW's and you said........

Well, nevermind, I can see this isn't going to work. Besides, I can't stand to see a woman cry, or even worse, point a gun at me... :P

BR, the bag looks good! Thanks for the pic and also glad to see you have the fast color too... :thumbsup:

I love the thing and have no intension of going back to a tank bag! :thumbsup:

gallery_301_289_165019.jpg

Nov. 12th 06 ride 003.jpg

How does it do in the rain? I was thinking of getting 1 for the TexasMac trip. I gotta find some way to keep 2 weeks of luggage on my bike. I have saddle bags top case and tank bag, a tail bag could give me a little extra space. I pack like a girl btw. Just curious about rain, Is there a rain cover for it? no mention about one on there site.

• Member Contributer

How does it do in the rain? I was thinking of getting 1 for the TexasMac trip. I gotta find some way to keep 2 weeks of luggage on my bike. I have saddle bags top case and tank bag, a tail bag could give me a little extra space. I pack like a girl btw. Just curious about rain, Is there a rain cover for it? no mention about one on there site.

Jason,

Check the link on dutchinterceptor's post and it says the bag comes with a rain cover. :thumbsup:

See ya,

Jim

• Member Contributer
No, you're NOT alone!! I hate 'em too

But, check this out:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/tour_master_cor...il_bag_page.htm

They're awesome!! :thumbsup:

(Baileyrock and I both have them on our bikes).

+1.gif I have this and a tank bag for long trips, but use only this on day-rides. Don't even notice it.

She's a great addition to the board as she offered me a refund and her BMW if I didn't like it. +1.gif

Bent wink.gif

NO, NO Shannon! Don't you remember me saying I wanted two BMW's and you said........

Well, nevermind, I can see this isn't going to work. Besides, I can't stand to see a woman cry, or even worse, point a gun at me... :P

Now that's just wrong ! :P

How is that Cortech bag attach to the VFR? Bungee cords? Straps? And where are they attached? Passenger grab handles? Seat? I have a Chase Harper tail trunk with built-in bungee cords, but quit using it because it was such a pain to strap it on and take it off. The bungees kept sliding to the ends of the grab handles, and streching them down to the hard bag brackets wasn't much better.

• Member Contributer

HEY NOW ... WAIT A MINUTE!!! +1.gif

Now that's just wrong ! :P

Well, heck, what can I say? (Bent to self: "Never spar with a woman that's smarter than you").

My head is hanging in shame. You can punch me at the TexMac ride with my helmet off. I prolly deserve it for several things... sad.gif

Well, heck, what can I say? (Bent to self: "Never spar with a woman that's smarter than you").

My head is hanging in shame. You can punch me at the TexMac ride with my helmet off. I prolly deserve it for several things... sad.gif

Aw now Bent, don't be so hard on yourself ... you just haven't figured out my rule yet:

"My World; I Win" :D

Archived