Rear Seat / Tail Bag

Bent

In the past, I didn't like tank bags either. For years, I thought they looked stupid and caused a hindrance perched in the center of you cockpit. I converted however. It was last September at the WhitehorsePress open house. There, I was able to try some on before I committed to buy. After fitting a couple different bags to the bike, I settled on the Cortech Mini Magnetic Tank Bag (one step larger than the super mini). Magnetic is the way to go for commuting to work. It is perfect at holding the basics: extra gloves, bottled water, sandwich, sunglasses case, cell phone and PDA. The tank bag advantage is in the magnets, no straps and bungees to mess with when you get to your destination.

I'm not totally bias though, I do have both. This pic shows the Mini Mag bag and my Nelson-Rigg sport expandable tail pack.

005.JPG

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where'd you find that givi speedpack? I don't see it on their website?

SA

They're not made any more, I picked mine up on ebay (new, 60 euros or about $75). The 'Fastbag' looks identical, don't know who makes that. They mount using straps which didn't really work with the bodywork so I fitted a bracket above the pillion handles to tie it to. Works well but it's still not really secure (cut the straps and it lifts off)..........I'm in the process of modifying a stock seat and the bag so I can clip the speedpack or a topbox onto it securely. I leave the speedpack on pretty much all the time unless I know I'll need something bigger.

Brackets:upload-1.jpg

upload.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I just bought the same bag Baileyrock has on monday from new enough, it was at my house on wed :D .. The bag is great, except I had to put the passenger handles back on for the back to be anchored.

newenough.com is a great site, gonna check them first before I buy anything else

Archived