Rear Seat / Tail Bag

Bent

I love the thing and have no intension of going back to a tank bag! :thumbsup:

gallery_301_289_165019.jpg

Nov. 12th 06 ride 003.jpg

How is that Cortech bag attach to the VFR? Bungee cords? Straps? And where are they attached? Passenger grab handles? Seat? I have a Chase Harper tail trunk with built-in bungee cords, but quit using it because it was such a pain to strap it on and take it off. The bungees kept sliding to the ends of the grab handles, and streching them down to the hard bag brackets wasn't much better.

Actually I cheat a little there! +1.gif

My Sargent seat comes with a little storage box on the bottom side and is where I hook all the bungees together! :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Well, heck, what can I say? (Bent to self: "Never spar with a woman that's smarter than you").

My head is hanging in shame. You can punch me at the TexMac ride with my helmet off. I prolly deserve it for several things... sad.gif

Aw now Bent, don't be so hard on yourself ... you just haven't figured out my rule yet:

"My World; I Win" :D

I'm gonna end this for both of you.....Ya'll swap BMWs and I'll buy each of you a new tail bag..................... :rolleyes:

Well, heck, what can I say? (Bent to self: "Never spar with a woman that's smarter than you").

My head is hanging in shame. You can punch me at the TexMac ride with my helmet off. I prolly deserve it for several things... sad.gif

Aw now Bent, don't be so hard on yourself ... you just haven't figured out my rule yet:

I'm gonna end this for both of you.....Ya'll swap BMWs and I'll buy each of you a new tail bag..................... +1.gif

:P

• Member Contributer

I'm gonna end this for both of you.....Ya'll swap BMWs and I'll buy each of you a new tail bag..................... +1.gif

:P

I surrender!! But, leave my tail alone! You're not my type..... :P

Apparently, I'm the only rider in the universe that doesn't like tank bags.

I'm looking for a small "day bag" to carry a bottle of water, sandwich, digital camera, and a few "what nots" that will strap / attach to the rear seat. Nothing fancy, nothing large and imposing, just a small strap on piece of luggage.

Thanks,

Bent :thumbsup:

Try this> http://www.newenoughhp.com/tour_master_cor...nk_bag_page.htm

• Member Contributer
No, you're NOT alone!! I hate 'em too

But, check this out:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/tour_master_cor...il_bag_page.htm

They're awesome!! :thumbsup:

(Baileyrock and I both have them on our bikes).

Thanks for the link. I ordered it last week and got it the other day. Nice tail bag. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

But, check this out:

Thanks for the link. I ordered it last week and got it the other day. Nice tail bag. :thumbsup:

It was a trick....baileyrock, Bent, and TN VFR Girl are on the board of directors of Tourmaster.....glad you got a great bag, but some folks have to be watched closely............................ :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

But, check this out:

It was a trick....baileyrock, Bent, and TN VFR Girl are on the board of directors of Tourmaster.....glad you got a great bag, but some folks have to be watched closely............................ :blink:

Skuuter, if you only knew everything.....

Actually, I ended up sending the bag back. It was bigger than I want. Nevertheless, a hearty thanks, Shannon and BR. It looks like Mrs. Bent is going to make me what I want. She's an expert seamstress and motorcycle tolerant person. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

But, check this out:

It was a trick....baileyrock, Bent, and TN VFR Girl are on the board of directors of Tourmaster.....glad you got a great bag, but some folks have to be watched closely............................ :rolleyes:

Actually, I ended up sending the bag back. It was bigger than I want. Nevertheless, a hearty thanks, Shannon and BR. It looks like Mrs. Bent is going to make me what I want. She's an expert seamstress and motorcycle tolerant person. :thumbsup:

May not be the only tolerance she has................................... :rolleyes: ...like mine.....STRONG woman.............. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

But, check this out:

It was a trick....baileyrock, Bent, and TN VFR Girl are on the board of directors of Tourmaster.....glad you got a great bag, but some folks have to be watched closely............................ :wub:

May not be the only tolerance she has................................... :pissed: ...like mine.....STRONG woman.............. :goofy:

You are correct again, Skuuter. You know me too well. Yes, Mrs. Bent is STRONG!!! We need to get together, Pal!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bailyrock , I just ordered the same tailbag any mounting tips, I dont see any bungie cord exposure on yours

oophs I see you need a sargent seat , I hope I can get a clean mount with stock seat like yours.

• Member Contributer

I use a rapid transit tail bag and I love it

Rapid Transit Recon 23 Tail Bag

Wind- & water-resistant 1000D nylon. Scratchguard rubberized contact fabric. Quad-adjust bungee mounting system. Audio ready system. Shoulder strap. Reflective stripe.

06RapidTransitRecon23LG.gif

Capacity 23 Liters

Color Black/Gun Metal

Manufacturer Rapid Transit

Size 34cm x 26cm x 26cm (storage)

MSRP

$69.99 Our Price!

$62.99

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/prod..._id~1430204.asp

• Member Contributer

I also do not care for a tank bag. The Ventura Sport Rack and bag are a great alternative. Solid, secure and out of the way. I leave the sport rack in place and use the small bag on every ride. If I need more capacity I can switch out to the large rack in just a couple of minutes and use the two large bags. Try the link below for more information.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/english/fitmen...?fitment_id=664

gallery_926_1969_441296.jpg

P1000157.JPG Cherahola

• Member Contributer

Mrs. Bent is on her $8000 sewing machine conjuring up a solution for me. See what I had to buy to get two bikes. Not a bad deal really.

She'll also have some neat stuff for us to wear for the May meet. wink.gif

It's all about lookin' good.... :thumbsup:

Mrs. Bent is on her $8000 sewing machine conjuring up a solution for me. See what I had to buy to get two bikes. Not a bad deal really.

If it turns out well enough, you may be able to sell a bunch, and fund your trip, too! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

If it turns out well enough, you may be able to sell a bunch, and fund your trip, too! :thumbsup:

Mrs. Bent's biggest problem is NOT making money off her toy. She just finished a huge and obscenely expensive (I like it) drapery job so she could start some neat stuff for US!! She's paid for that machine in just a few months and it was meant to be her "motorcycle"!! Ya see why I just follow orders!! :D

I also do not care for a tank bag. The Ventura Sport Rack and bag are a great alternative. Solid, secure and out of the way. I leave the sport rack in place and use the small bag on every ride. If I need more capacity I can switch out to the large rack in just a couple of minutes and use the two large bags. Try the link below for more information.

P1000157.JPG Cherahola

Can you tell me how the small bag attaches to the sport rack?

Is it secure?

I've got the sport rack, but not any of Ventura's luggage. I use the rack to tie down large seat bag and camping gear.

Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

P1000157.JPG Cherahola

Is it secure?

I've got the sport rack, but not any of Ventura's luggage. I use the rack to tie down large seat bag and camping gear.

Thanks in advance.

The small bag attaches to the Sport Rack with four velcro straps and is very secure. No worries about the bag coming loose. Just be sure to remember to close the bag before take off........ :beer: .......I lost a hat that way. Just for clarification, the small bag will not work with the standard rack designed to hold the full size luggage, but the racks are easy to change out if you have both. The small bag capacity is pretty much the same as a good tank bag. I carry some basic tools, a tire plugger kit, a small air compressor that can be connected to the battery, bottled water and a few other items.

gallery_926_1969_120947.jpg

Tailbag 2.JPG

gallery_926_1969_20768.jpg

Tailbag.JPG

P1000157.JPG Cherahola

Is it secure?

Thanks in advance.

The small bag attaches to the Sport Rack with four velcro straps and is very secure. No worries about the bag coming loose. Just be sure to remember to close the bag before take off........ :unsure: .......I lost a hat that way. Just for clarification, the small bag will not work with the standard rack designed to hold the full size luggage, but the racks are easy to change out if you have both. The small bag capacity is pretty much the same as a good tank bag. I carry some basic tools, a tire plugger kit, a small air compressor that can be connected to the battery, bottled water and a few other items.

gallery_926_1969_120947.jpg

Tailbag 2.JPG

gallery_926_1969_20768.jpg

Tailbag.JPG

Thanks for the reply, and the pics. I may get one. I'd want a rain cover for it, if one is available.

• Member Contributer

Bailyrock , I just ordered the same tailbag any mounting tips, I dont see any bungie cord exposure on yours

oophs I see you need a sargent seat , I hope I can get a clean mount with stock seat like yours.

I couldn't get mine to work with the stock seat so I took the hooks off and just knotted the bungie cord together. I just slip it around the seat making sure that the knot was to the side of the center frame spar and clip the seat on the bike.

I had a tailbag on my 03. It had been on another vfr, an 02, and before that used on an 01 gsxr... It's now in use on my 05 ST wink.gif

Took the hooks off the bungees, tie em in a knot, put under seat, works great.

gallery_2917_15_618866.jpg

stjoe.jpg

I do not like tank bags, they're in the way... my .02 anyway.

• 1 month later...

Archived