Revisit The Vfrd Fall Dragon Ride

synaptic, soichiro: hopefully i will solve it by just switching to a bullet cam, i.e. HS's videos.

As for the tach, you will see it work in the next vid. It works just fine. I usually dont turn many RPMs coming accross 60 just cause i know the road and rarely use the brakes on it. I usually run it in 4-5th. On some of the longer straights im up in 6th gear. Rendering right now is the entire portion of TN30 we ran. The rpms are clearly visible...at almost redline the entire time.

HS, it is the road that we took from suches to morganton. The video starts about 1 mile past the school in suches and ends about 2 miles before a firestation in morganton. We took 60 all the way to McCaysville/Copperhill area. I think the other groups stayed on 68N right to Tellico Plains. We went on a detour to the 30-315-39 loop off of the Ocoee River.

Soichiro, when i do the 315 vid, you are going to be the star of it by the way. Im behind you the entire way, about 10 minutes on that one!

Cool, I cant wait. It's my first time :unsure: .

• Member Contributer

Sorry i went riding saturday and took some more footage. I had to edit some because of a really really close call to a wreck i had. someone blew a corner and i got 80 percent of the save on tape. Yours is next. Probably tomorrow? Then i have the four or so from saturday! (can you tell its cold outside?) aight, off to see the BCS championship game....lata!

thanks for the link, but I will have to wait 2hours for it to dl - stupid wurk smile.gif

:blink: for the links.

I'm also at work, they downloaded at over 8mb/second here. :P

• Member Contributer

Sweet Vids!! It's nice to see you guys riding in Jan. Michigan sucks for riding weather... <_<

• Forum CEO

I too have a video to post, of the Gap with Kevin (BR) and Shannon. I have been holding onto this one for a while to save for the coldest of the cold nights when riding seems like a distant memory. I have to say that Kevin (kwr8728) peaked my interest in posting this topic last week and I have been trying to find a way to edit 20 min of video down to 7 min. The pace was mid range - certainly 8/10ths for Shannon - maybe about 6/10 pace for me (way slow! for BR) all I can say is this was Shannons warm up day cause the next day she was smokin the Georgia roads! Dropped a few vfrd'ers too she did! HEH all that riding with BR paid off, once she had her head up and was looking further down the road!

Google map of Deals Gap

gallery_491_2157_22046.jpg

Fall Dragon Video Preview Riding the Gap with Shannon and Kevin

:rolleyes:

Fall Dragon video - by HS

The video features the music of Union Station all Bluegrass! 50mb 1mb/sec sample rate wmv format

Some ride pics of the event!

gallery_491_2157_287105.jpg

Cross Roads Of Time Deals Gap

gallery_491_2157_154669.jpg

Baileyrock Poindexter watches!

gallery_491_2157_49582.jpg

Poindexter and HS Kevin was kind enough to snap this pic on the Cherehola

gallery_491_2157_135198.jpg

Turners Corner Tinyminds does an impromtu Hokey Pokey Dance

gallery_491_2157_80181.jpg

Poindexter (Shannon) in her Hooray for Beer shirt!

gallery_491_2157_199807.jpg

Paging the Rider with the Red Bike your table is ready!

gallery_491_2157_268125.jpg

Corner Carver When he wasn't cracking me up he had Shannon in stiches!

gallery_491_2157_40328.jpg

Kevin Stretching Baileyrock finally found a fast guy two up on a Kawasaki with his wife over the Cherehola, they managed to drop me 3/4 of the way - and the other guy on his SV who was with the Kawi way way way back on the TN side!

gallery_491_2157_5937.jpg

group shot most all of us

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the revisit. I can almost feel the warm air on my skin, the smell of the grass, the rush of watching trees go by at mach.....

Ohh come on spring, and those parts that are still on order. sad.gif

767, pick the video up at 8:25 and look about 3 or 4 bikes ahead of me going into the right hander. We all bunch up in a hurry!

Wow, I saw that! Looked like 3-4 bikes all missing the turn! :beer: Come on kids, good thing no oncoming traffic was rolling through that turn. Were you guys running with or catching other groups or just passing each other all over the place? :rolleyes:

Rats.... I'm dying to see this video and it keeps hanging up. :pissed: I can watch the one HS put together, although those left handers are near vertical at times, thought I was gonna barf, :unsure:

I'm on a mac usings windows media player and it stops only 29" into the viedo, nay suggestions?? I've tried to adjust the buffer with no noticable difference.

• Forum CEO
Rats.... I'm dying to see this video and it keeps hanging up. :pissed: I can watch the one HS put together, although those left handers are near vertical at times, thought I was gonna barf, :unsure:

I'm on a mac usings windows media player and it stops only 29" into the viedo, nay suggestions?? I've tried to adjust the buffer with no noticable difference.

try saving the video before watching, I am not a mac user but perhaps you can click "Save target as"?

• Member Contributer
Wow, I saw that! Looked like 3-4 bikes all missing the turn! :blink: Come on kids, good thing no oncoming traffic was rolling through that turn. Were you guys running with or catching other groups or just passing each other all over the place? :unsure:

The ludicrous speed group that was already too large to begin with merged with the Cozye/JohnMark group at the gas station. I led them into a turn faster than they were ready for causing a chain reaction that sent a number of riders wide in that turn. :pissed:

• Member Contributer
Wow, I saw that! Looked like 3-4 bikes all missing the turn! :blink: Come on kids, good thing no oncoming traffic was rolling through that turn. Were you guys running with or catching other groups or just passing each other all over the place? :unsure:

The ludicrous speed group that was already too large to begin with merged with the Cozye/JohnMark group at the gas station. I led them into a turn faster than they were ready for causing a chain reaction that sent a number of riders wide in that turn. :pissed:

Yep....saw it happen just a couple of bikes ahead of me. Scary moment. :blink: Good thing there was no oncoming traffic.

The ludicrous speed group that was already too large to begin with merged with the Cozye/JohnMark group at the gas station. I led them into a turn faster than they were ready for causing a chain reaction that sent a number of riders wide in that turn. :unsure:

This is why I like small groups and never Speed! :goofy:

Wow, I saw that! Looked like 3-4 bikes all missing the turn! :blink: Come on kids, good thing no oncoming traffic was rolling through that turn. Were you guys running with or catching other groups or just passing each other all over the place? :goofy:

The ludicrous speed group that was already too large to begin with merged with the Cozye/JohnMark group at the gas station. I led them into a turn faster than they were ready for causing a chain reaction that sent a number of riders wide in that turn. :unsure:

This is why I like small groups and never Speed! :blink:

Yep, your going 30 mph in your avatar right? Cant wait for TMAC

The ludicrous speed group that was already too large to begin with merged with the Cozye/JohnMark group at the gas station. I led them into a turn faster than they were ready for causing a chain reaction that sent a number of riders wide in that turn. :blink:

This is why I like small groups and never Speed! :blink:

Yep, your going 30 mph in your avatar right? Cant wait for TMAC

That's the Speed Limit in that section, isn't it? :goofy: I think that's 29 mph. :unsure:

• Forum CEO

Yea I beleive the closer to the source of gravity, time slows down according to Einstein! Keep leaning it over BR, but I dont think the cops gonna buy it though! Officer if you calculate my lean angle at that point of relativity I am actually going slower than the speed limit from the point of your radar gun! - as they tow the bike away!

• Member Contributer
Yea I beleive the closer to the source of gravity, time slows down according to Einstein! Keep leaning it over BR, but I dont think the cops gonna buy it though! Officer if you calculate my lean angle at that point of relativity I am actually going slower than the speed limit from the point of your radar gun! - as they tow the bike away!

My last ticket I was going around a curve at a normal pace, and coming the other way around the blind turn was a cruiser. :blink: He parked sideways across the street so I was obliged to stop and chat. He said he had “no idea how fast I was going, but from the lean I was surely speeding. A lot.†I got a too fast for conditions ticket, which I plead no contest and got knocked down to $30 court costs and no points. :salesman:

Hey,

That was me you were following on the 2nd half of the TN RT 30 vid. Its amazing how slow we all looked on video. The pace was much quicker then recorded. It also amazing to watch yourself and realize how much better a rider you are since that day.

Can't wait till TexasMac this Spring...how to see you all there again. I will be sporting some new Pilot Powers and suspension by then, maybe even a Staintune exhaust if I can schwing it.

See ya,

Rats.... I'm dying to see this video and it keeps hanging up. :pissed: I can watch the one HS put together, although those left handers are near vertical at times, thought I was gonna barf, :goofy:

try saving the video before watching, I am not a mac user but perhaps you can click "Save target as"?

Worked for me, although I'm not using a mac.

Downloaded at work to a thumb drive & transferred to my laptop. Used VLC player to view.

p.s. HS, thanks for the extra video.

:D

Archived