Fresh Meat & PCW

Baileyrock

Well I just got some new tires mounted on my freshly Powder Coated spare set of wheels today. I'm trying a set of M1's for the first time because of some suggestions and mostly because there discounted right now.

The wheels are powder coated a color called Smoked Chrome and I'm not sure it will be the final color for both my sets of wheels yet. Might want a brighter color depending on how they look with my new black bodywork whenever that gets done! <_<

These are getting bolted on my bros 99 VFR so I can take tomorrow off and hopefully get at least our 400 mile loop in with temps getting to 60 deg. Friday. :thumbsup:

Here's the new wheels/tires in the kitchen.

gallery_301_21_273428.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

smoked chrome 003.jpg

This is the rear on my silver soon to be Black 02.

gallery_301_21_144742.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

smoked chrome 002.jpg

What do you guys think of the smoked chrome ? :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Like it alot, agree that a bit less smoke would be nice but looks great, and will be really cool on the black bodywork. Do your other set black with the red rimstripes ala 05 r6.

Like it alot, agree that a bit less smoke would be nice but looks great, and will be really cool on the black bodywork. Do your other set black with the red rimstripes ala 05 r6.

They look like stock wheels... sad.gif

And PLEASE, say it ain't so, did you PC over your chrome wheels?!? :o

This is the rear on my silver soon to be Black 02.

Did I miss something? Are you painting it black or did you buy Mr. Pheer's Asphalt bodywork?

Because I don't think those rims would look very good with asphalt, but with gloss black, yes, very nice.

$0.02 :thumbsup:

I like it - did you get any better (well lit) pics of the rims?  hard to see the colour in your kitchen.  :thumbsup:

How about the second pic on the bike Ken ? :warranty:

Did I miss something? Are you painting it black or did you buy Mr. Pheer's Asphalt bodywork?

Because I don't think those rims would look very good with asphalt, but with gloss black, yes, very nice.

$0.02  :thumbsup:

No asphalt for me our I would have traded out with MrPheer. Gloss black at my painter's as we speak.

These wheels may look great on the gloss black as you say Ken, a little stealthy maybe? :thumbsup:

Aw, crap. I would have loved to take those off your hands...

I tried to sell the Chrome wheels a year or two ago, no bites. They looked awesome on a Red VFR, not that good on my Silver VFR IMO. :warranty:

Did you have them dipped/exchanged, or did you buy them already chromed? How much $ ?

Sent them off to CA, because my buddy got then done for $300 a set plus shipping which is very cheap. Normally a $600 cost. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

I was also thinking you had a silver 6th gen w/ chrome wheels. I love that combo. Not crazy about asphalt but the gloss black will be nice. Of course this comes from a guy that just posted too much info on figure skating over on the '06 Olympics thread. A guy shouldn't know so much about that kind of activity. :warranty:

"Sent off to your painter"??

I finished setting up my paint booth a couple weekends ago, and sprayed some dark silver Mini Cooper S bumpers last weekend to check it out. Worked well...

Let me know the next time you want to change colors....

I've got to spray the track bike's plastic this weekend... then the VTR250 stuff, and then I've got to come up with something fresh and new for the fifth gen...

gallery_720_32_201275.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

Track bike's plastic coming together

"Sent off to your painter"?? 

I finished setting up my paint booth a couple weekends ago, and sprayed some dark silver Mini Cooper S bumpers last weekend to check it out.  Worked well...

Let me know the next time you want to change colors.... 

I've got to spray the track bike's plastic this weekend...  then the VTR250 stuff, and then I've got to come up with something fresh and new for the fifth gen...     

You just going to paint over the duct tape? +1.gif

• Member Contributer
Gloss black at my painter's as we speak.

These wheels may look great on the gloss black as you say Ken, a little stealthy maybe?

You luv me. You really, really, luv me! :goofy: :beer: sniff, sniff...

gallery_611_303_57199.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

termi's Ducati Termignoni exhaust on an 02 VTEC.

Hope yours turns out better than mine did. +1.gif

• Member Contributer

I just want to know what you think of the M-1's. As far as the colors are concerned, I think eventually you'll come full circle and be back with Red.

You luv me.? You really, really,? luv me! :goofy:? :beer:?  sniff, sniff...

gallery_611_303_57199.jpg border='0' alt='user posted image' />

termi's Ducati Termignoni exhaust on an 02 VTEC.

Hope yours turns out better than mine did.? +1.gif

Is that real or a chop? $5 paypal to whomever can chop the chrome smoke color on my wheels...

BTW, had to come home tonight b/c the twins and my other friends Lindsay, Samantha & Jackie wanted to go big but had no place to go... Suwanee closes at 2am... Life's a byotch...

I'm trying a set of M1's for the first time because of some suggestions and mostly because there discounted right now.

I found the M1s to be ok, but they do slip a bit when worn and don't last as long as the Diabols. That is my review, let us know what you think when new and again when worn. smile.gif

Archived