Toronto Motorcycle Show 2024

Well, the motorcycle show is here in Toronto this weekend.

Debating on whether to go or not. Do I waste $20 on parking and $22 to get in.

I always leave disappointed.

But since I'm a gear head I need my fix of being around motorcycles.

Last year with Kawasaki and other manufacturers missing the show was sad.

I left the show thinking If i brought my storm trooper VFR and placed it on a stand it would have been

one of the best looking bikes there. LOL.

Motorcycling in Canada is a becoming a joke especially how many bikes we do not get here in Canada as opposed to Europe.

20220424_081843.jpg

• Like 5

• Member Contributer

I decided I'm going even if unknown how good it will be...... Go Train or TTC, no parking, jes sayin'.

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

Does Honda even sell motorcycle anymore in North America? My dealer, showroom inside looks the same...

image.thumb.png.fa0e511144ce03c3a7a9b52451a1edd3.png

Yeah, "Powersports" is the word for many motorcycle dealers now, particularly the non-cruiser ones.

But hey, Honda still creates some cool bikes! Johann Zarco's LCR Honda bike was just revealed, and as an RC-51 rider I just love the livery. (apologies for the hijack)

Image.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, St. Stephen said:

But hey, Honda still creates some cool bikes! Johann Zarco's LCR Honda bike was just revealed, and as an RC-51 rider I just love the livery. (apologies for the hijack)

I'm not sure that bike is going to compete any better than the last 2 years to win the Ducati Cup, err, MotoGP title.  :cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Yeah, "Powersports" is the word for many motorcycle dealers now, particularly the non-cruiser ones.

In my area (NE Ohio), "Powersports" means mostly an inventory consisting of side-by-sides, ATVs, personal watercraft (aka Jetskis), maybe a couple snowmobiles, and perhaps a handful of very ordinary motorcycles.  That's not always true, of course, but for most of the smaller shops it often is now.  And forget any decent selection of riding gear.  😕

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Years ago, I would go every season. Quite a few years back, I skipped the one here around Charlotte and there was a shooting there. 

It would be hard for me to care less about new motorcycles, or about being around what we're calling humans these days. I'll stick to riding and forums. 🙂

Well I went to the show.

I'm addicted to the drug they call motorcycles.

It was sad once again.

No new motorcycles except maybe Suzuki GSXS8r. 

Only positive bought a new REVIT summer riding jacket.

Honda stand was sad. No new bikes except for CBR 650r eclutch.

Poor Honda.

Where is the Honda CB1000 hornet or Yamaha XSR 900GP?

We get squat.

Only positive , I own one of the best all around motorcycles ever made.

Ride safe everyone riding season is getting close.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Member Contributer

The last MC show in the NW part of the country was I think in 2014.  At that one, Honda did not even have the then new 8th gen on hand.   When I asked the two Honda reps about it, they looked at each other and shrugged.  Things have really changed. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I ride in only Vanson. They're a touch heavy, but they work. If you want lighter, look for something in kangaroo. 

• Member Contributer

I can say this, don't buy garbage. Better to buy used quality items if price is an issue. 

On the rare occasion that I wear Cordura type products, I use Fieldsheer. Their product line has changed a lot recently, but used is likely very available. 

I'm not an aerostich fan. for me, they're way to hot, wet, ugly, and the armor isn't where it is needed when you need it. Just too much movement. 

You could also do what I do for off road, which is full armor only suit (tops/bottoms) under nearly anything with some abrasion resistance. The armor stays where it should when you need it. 

There's an enormous amount of quality gear available for not a lot of money these days, especially on outlet areas of sites. Maybe some hint on what you think is important could help us. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Why repost?

Or are you hunting for clicks?