8th Gen Speed bleeders

CoyoteChris

• Member Contributer

My new 2015 VFR FD has darkening brake and clutch fluids. I put Speedbleeders 

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

in all my bikes and love them.

I searched the speed bleeder site for 2015 VFRs but they only go up to '09.

I emailed them but no joy yet. I called but they havent returned my call yet.

Anyone here put speedbleeders on an 8th gen delux and have the numbers they used?

(Just got a call from the factory. They say the front is 2 ea. SB 7100S, one for each caliper and the rear is 1 each SB8125L. They think the clutch is a SB 8125L as well)

Anyone install these?

SFDownhill was kind enough to install mine for me a few months ago (I apologize, I don't remember if Duc4V helped him or not, if so, thanks too Duc!).  I haven't had to use them since then. 

I posted the part numbers before I think both here and on VFRW - have to look them up again but I the ones you listed above sound correct off the top of my head... 

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Samuelx said:

SF didn't mention any problems during install so I'm assuming the parts #'s that were emailed to me (and that I ordered) were correct...

Thanks m8. I have them ready to go, just need to find the time this winter to overhaul the calipers and fit them. :beer:

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, CoyoteChris said:

My new 2015 VFR FD has darkening brake and clutch fluids. I put Speedbleeders 

http://www.speedbleeder.com/

in all my bikes and love them.

I searched the speed bleeder site for 2015 VFRs but they only go up to '09.

I emailed them but no joy yet. I called but they havent returned my call yet.

Anyone here put speedbleeders on an 8th gen delux and have the numbers they used?

(Just got a call from the factory. They say the front is 2 ea. SB 7100S, one for each caliper and the rear is 1 each SB8125L. They think the clutch is a SB 8125L as well)

Anyone install these?

Easiest way to check is to go to a Honda Parts fiche and cross reference the parts. In the case of our bikes they match with the Cbr600rr and Cbr1000rr.  

So according to the parts page  as you quoted in your  first post . Front  SB7100S      rear SB8125L

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, Skids said:

Thanks m8. I have them ready to go, just need to find the time this winter to overhaul the calipers and fit them. :beer:

Check the pistons for flaking, they’re the Achilles heel of the brakes, the rears should be Ok but the Tokico front are famously prone to rust/pitting

Powerhouse do some very good quality stainless steel ones at a good price 

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Check the pistons for flaking, they’re the Achilles heel of the brakes, the rears should be Ok but the Tokico front are famously prone to rust/pitting

Powerhouse do some very good quality stainless steel ones at a good price 

Thanks m8. :beer:

• Member Contributer
On 9/23/2019 at 8:55 PM, Samuelx said:

SF didn't mention any problems during install so I'm assuming the parts #'s that were emailed to me (and that I ordered) were correct...

Many thanks to all and especially Samuelx.  Sometimes search functions on forums dont take one to the meat of the problem.  The info jives with what the factory told me.  I will order these and bleed my system as the fluid got a bit dark while my 2015 was sitting in its crate waiting for me.....I have put these on two bikes (Honda NT700v and FJR) as well as my Connie C10 before them and after bleeding the brakes, you walk away saying," IT JUST CANT BE THIS QUICK AND EASY!!!!!"  Nothing wrong with the hose they supply and extra sealant....I like using a weighted glass bottle for the bag.

• 6 months later...

I have read the threads on Speedbleeders for the 8th gen, and the list you need is:

Front……SB7100S quantity 2, 1 for each caliper

Rear…….SB8125L quantity 1

Clutch….SB8125L

But what about the PCV?  On the 6th gen, there are 2 for a ABS PCV (1 for the non-ABS version).  Does the 8th gen not have a bleeder for PCV?

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, signal said:

I have read the threads on Speedbleeders for the 8th gen, and the list you need is:

Front……SB7100S quantity 2, 1 for each caliper

Rear…….SB8125L quantity 1

Clutch….SB8125L

But what about the PCV?  On the 6th gen, there are 2 for a ABS PCV (1 for the non-ABS version).  Does the 8th gen not have a bleeder for PCV?

There is No PCV on an 8gen.

• Member Contributer

My wife and I are the speed bleeders on our 8th gen.  

The job is so simple, we don't see the "why".  You need a third hand anyway.  DO keep brake fluid off of anything, while you're at keeping it off of paint.  

Bleeding clutch and brake fluid is very easy.  

Archived