New 5th/6th/8th gen performance header now in production in USA

sfdownhill

16 hours ago, boOZZIE said:

Have you seen page 1 at the top

yes I have. The jig is defo easily replicated, it's the completed set that I'd need to be able to measure and replicate the angles, I'd probable make one out of cold rolled just to get a feel for the compound bends and angles in each piece of tube then make one out of stainless or whatever material is required/desired.

• Member Contributer

So sad to hear about sfdownhill.  I never met him but we had several conversations concerning Rapid Bike and the VFR headers.  All my dealings with him were top notch.  He will be missed

• Like 1

Good Day,

I'm a new arrival to the vfr forum (i made an account just to post in this thread) and just absolutely gutted hearing about this tragic news 😞 (I've been observing in passing the past couple of months as I want to get a set of these headers for a winter build as the quality looks top notch & the collector design compared to some of the limited options out there! {is there any video or sound clips of this set-up?} ). I've been trying to catch up on the 65 pages to see if there are any left for the taking /a new wish list is being filled or did I show up too late with the given unfortunate circumstances? 

(in search of a set of these for a 99 5th gen vfr, no preference on high or low set-up) 

Kind regards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
7 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

I have a new 8th gen set for sale in the classifieds. 10% goes back to VFRD.

On the VERY off-chance someone in the UK or EU wants a 5th-gen version, I have an unfitted one I just received from the most recent production run, and I would be happy to swap it for an 8th-gen version (to facilitate a center radiator).  

Cheers,

JZH

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Question for those who have installed the new header on their 6th gen. How do you handle the heatshield  attached to the R/S rearset.  Did you remove the shield with those hard to get nuts on the back of it and move the rearset out of the way?  Did you brake the break system and remove the whole rearset/shield assembly.  I know it has to be removed to get to the rear header and clamp boltts.

I'm finally getting around to installing my header after a hip replacement this winter.  Any help would be appreciated. I' really dont want to brake open the brake system with stories I've heard about trying to bleed a linked brake system.

Thanks,

Nick