Superbike Malasya "spoiler"

keny

• Member Contributer

Knowing the track must have been a huge help. I was getting worried Davide was going to get him, but he held it together.

I was actually expecting Camier to be much higher up the order. The MV is down on power and top speed, and i figured the rain would have negated a lot of that for another top 6 finish.

• Member Contributer

It was in the stars I guess. According to some stories told by the announcers, his dad asked him for a podium this weekend and this year was his dad's 69th birthday, so as they say the rest is history! 

It it was also reported that it was about 10 years ago that NH got his last 1st place podium finish at Laguna Seca the same season he won his MotoGP worldchampionship. Have to say that I'm very happy for him, going to WSBK was probably best for him, seeing he is doing much better than what he was doing in his last year in MotoGP.

• Member Contributer

Finally got round to watch the race so WELL DONE Nicky!!!

• Member Contributer

When the rain comes down the power differential is negated and it boils down to rider ability and track knowledge.

While waiting on the new V4 based WSBK Honda I thought perhaps Nick's team mate would be the one to post a Honda win this year (and he still may) but this was a pleasant surprise.

Great win for Ten Kate, Honda and Nicky!

I don't think Honda pays contingency any more and definitely doesn't offer factory support for any team. They also need to catch up to Yamaha and Suzuki with their bikes.

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, duccmann said:

So why isn't there any Honda's in MotoAmerica?

Corti sure looks good on the V4 in MototAmerica, no?

• Member Contributer

Slightly off-topic, but what is the state of professional motorcycle racing in the USA now?  I know MotoAmerica was supposed to address the complete clusterfrolic the AMA had made of it, so has this been accomplished?  Is there still an AMA-sponsored series?  Daytona Pushbikes or something?

Cheers,

Archived