New To Vfr

wrmjones

• Member Contributer

Welcome. You don't officially exist without a photo of yr bike.

But I believe you. :beer:

For bar risers, you can go OEM (which come in one size); otherwise, I would recommend checking out motopumps.com (they are a member here as user MotoPumps) who offer 3 different sizes.

There's a thread in this forum for aftermarket exhausts; it is long, but worth reading through and will give you an idea of all that are offered so far.

As for luggage racks, I think Givi is one of the few companies supporting this generation of the VFR. However, I haven't checked in almost a year because my search ended when I bought the Givi PLXR set up last June (there's a thread here about early frustrations acquiring 'OEM side cases' and I posted pics of my bike in there with the rack + cases, some other examples in the same thread as I recall). I went with a Givi top box and Kappa side cases, have been pleased.

Hope this helps.

• Member Contributer

Just an alternative thought.....try getting used to the stock handlebar position. It has it's advantages. I did that and learned that I can ride all day with the bars and seat as they came. It's a matter of weight distribution, moving around often, and learning to ride relaxed. On the other hand, if you just can't get there from here, misery is not a good or safe thing so do what works. :cool:

• Member Contributer

Hi Wrmjones.

Welcome to the forum.

Would you be interested in an Arrow Pro Racing Exhaust with Carbon fibre tip slip on. In perfect condition cost me $834 will sell $500. I live in Sunbury Vic. I have them advertised on GumTree do a search for VFR Exhaust and you should find the add.

Cheers.
Grum.

post-30826-0-34513700-1456031317.jpg

post-30826-0-47194100-1456031494.jpg

Hey Grum why are you selling your Arrow Exhaust? I have the same pipe on mine and I'm interested in what you think of it. Cheers Mad Mick.

• Member Contributer

I was gong for the looks. I like the rear wheel being more visible.

Sound is still legal with the normal db killers and it was sold with a CE certificate. I have never tried the sport db killers or even riding without the db killers.

The sound with the normal killers is a little darker than the OEM exhaust.

I was gong for the looks. I like the rear wheel being more visible.

Sound is still legal with the normal db killers and it was sold with a CE certificate. I have never tried the sport db killers or even riding without the db killers.

The sound with the normal killers is a little darker than the OEM exhaust.

Yes, that is the best looking exhaust with deep raw sound. I installed it right after break-in period ended. It is really load without Db killer on it. So, I ride it with Db killer all the time now. You can check further information at http://damexhaust.com/intro.php.

IMG 1741[1]

I was going for the looks. I like the rear wheel being more visible.

That is why I wish the exhaust was still under the seat, like previous VFR gens and my BMW R1100S.

Then you could have full size Honda luggage on the right (if Honda would make both sides the same)

The gen 8 wheels look so good!

Thanks MaxSwell. This is my 2nd VFR (owned 6th gen previously). In my 30 year riding experience, I have ridden many bikes and do feel that the VFRs are very well balanced, as many features are unique for this bike. They are not slow, particularly the 8th gen with the quick shifter, which makes in parallel with those sport bikes in terms of acceleration.

Had a look at the dam bit pricy bit over 1k anyone got a staintune high exhaust on be interested to hear what people think

Hi Wrmjones.

Welcome to the forum.

Would you be interested in an Arrow Pro Racing Exhaust with Carbon fibre tip slip on. In perfect condition cost me $834 will sell $500. I live in Sunbury Vic. I have them advertised on GumTree do a search for VFR Exhaust and you should find the add.

Cheers.
Grum.

im interested just dont know what way to go staintune or your arrow if i may ask why did you take it off.

Archived