Cheers Vfrd......

MotardMenace

Well figured I would do the obligatory intro post. I actually joined VFRD back in October of 2009 after I was fortunate enough to do the then new 7th Generation pre-production test ride in Santa Barbara on N.A. Honda's dime. I know Corner Carver was there and I think maybe one or two other VFRD members along with folks from all over the country on different sport touring forums. Anyway after that junket I posted my thoughts here on VFRD and I thought the VFR1200F was a really good bike but just too damn expensive for what you were getting, which was many folks sentiment at the time of the event and after if sales are any sign. Well fast forward 7 years and I now have a 2010 VFR1200F in the garage for considerably less money, about 1/3rd ....... :woohoo:

So with all that said, its actually my second VFR, the first was a 1986 RWB version that I owned in 1992-1993 I think if I remember the years correctly. Glad to be aboard once again!

post-19012-0-15638600-1453777144.jpg

post-19012-0-49649600-1453777155.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hey, Welcome Aboard (belatedly) and congrats on the new to you VFR1200.

Now that Honda is addressing the shaft failures I am keeping my eyes open for a Blue one.

• Member Contributer

Plenty of bargains out there.

Welcome (back???) or whatever! :goofy::beer:

Great bike. Planning any mods?

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD proper from across the pond!

If you still have a picture or 2 of your RWB, scan and post! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Welcome (back?) to the asylum. Congrats on your new bike. Patience can really pay off.

• Member Contributer

Welcome back and good luck with the new bike, I plan on doing similar with the new Africa Twin, hopefully pick one up in a few years for half the new price now, judging by the hype they are going to be a big seller. 5th gen will never be sold though.

Congratulations on a great bike. I love the lower picture because it appears the bike is standing perfectly straight up.

Very jealous of Phoenixians (pronounce like Phoenicians) and the like, who have such wide open roads.

Plenty of bargains out there.

Welcome (back???) or whatever! :goofy::beer:

Great bike. Planning any mods?

Yes there are some pretty good deals. As for mods there will be some in the future for sure. I was fortunate the previous owner had good taste as well. It was purchased with the Akro Titanium & CF exhaust along with the Bazazz FI/TC control module. He also has a quick shifter installed along with the flashing LED auxiliary brake lights and a nice Adaptiv Tech Mount. Easily a couple thousand dollars in tasteful upgrades. As for my first purchase most likely a different seat or at least cover, this one is way to slippery. Was looking at the Saddleman kit. Then maybe adjustable footpegs and helibars. I also would really like to get saddlebags for her but damn they are spending for the OEM bags.......and thanks for the welcome!

Hey, Welcome Aboard (belatedly) and congrats on the new to you VFR1200.

Now that Honda is addressing the shaft failures I am keeping my eyes open for a Blue one.

Thanks CC - hope all is well. Seems like forever ago that we were in Santa Barbara..........

• Member Contributer

Congrats! Very nice looking bike... After seeing GloryRacing et al rip around the twisties on theirs I've been considering the big 1200 as my next 2 up ride w/ luggage...

... now if I could just find a pillion that will ride with me... :goofy:

Archived