Picking Up Brand New 2015 Vfr 1200 On Saturday

Chanmenie

• Member Contributer

Whilst I have been tempted by the re-flash, I am still struggling to find a reason to do it. As you imply yr going to do, get it, ride it and then make decisions.

I'm with you on that one Skids, the only advantage of the reflash over the Z Bomb is the gear indicator working properly , so it's a lot of money and a risk in posting your ECU just for that.

The beauty of having a separate fueling module is, you can always adjust the A/Fuel to whatever Air Filter, Exhaust set up you have, by either downloading another map to suite, or preferably getting a Taylor made map on a dyno with a technician that knows what he is doing.

• Member Contributer

Whilst I have been tempted by the re-flash, I am still struggling to find a reason to do it. As you imply yr going to do, get it, ride it and then make decisions.

I'm with you on that one Skids, the only advantage of the reflash over the Z Bomb is the gear indicator working properly , so it's a lot of money and a risk in posting your ECU just for that.

Why do you lose the gear indicator?

• Member Contributer

On the gear indicator display, it only shows 3rd 4th 5th and 6th, but its not really a issue, you still have the neutral light indicator, I have never found it to be a problem.

• Member Contributer

On the gear indicator display, it only shows 3rd 4th 5th and 6th, but its not really a issue, you still have the neutral light indicator, I have never found it to be a problem.

Is that just with the Z-bomb?

• Member Contributer

Yes, with the Z-bomb, but its the best value for money, you will ever spend on the VFR1200.

• Member Contributer

Yes, with the Z-bomb, but its the best value for money, you will ever spend on the VFR1200.

I can't imagine how mine could be better as it is. Smoother than a smooth thing, easy on the throttle at low revs, pulls like a train....don't know what else I need really. Perhaps with time I'll want the restrictions in 1/2/3/6 lifting but I haven't found an issue there so far.

i've ridden flashed and unflashed back to back.....the overall rideability is greatly improved with the reflash....on/off throttle response is perfect....it's not about the power....it's about perfect fueling.....stock is nowhere close

the z bomb is a bandage.....

the reflash is a cure

i've ridden flashed and unflashed back to back.....the overall rideability is greatly improved with the reflash....on/off throttle response is perfect....it's not about the power....it's about perfect fueling.....stock is nowhere close

the reflash is a cure

Do the same thing, though. So hardly a bandage.

How much are Z-bombs in the UK? I can't seem to find a price, only US$ prices on Ebay

• Member Contributer

the reflash is a cure

Like I said, I can't fault mine, it's as near perfect fuelling as I've ever ridden. <shrug.gif>

• Member Contributer

There is nothing wrong with the Z-bomb, as I said earlier.

the reflash is a cure

How much are Z-bombs in the UK? I can't seem to find a price, only US$ prices on Ebay

I use to give a lot of advice on this forum, but for what ever reason, it was thrown back in my face, so I just don't bother as much now.

I can't imagine how mine could be better as it is. Smoother than a smooth thing, easy on the throttle at low revs, pulls like a train....don't know what else I need really. Perhaps with time I'll want the restrictions in 1/2/3/6 lifting but I haven't found an issue there so far.

Skids UK bikes are only restricted 1st 2nd and 6th. The Z Bomb tricks the ECU into thinking the bike is in 3rd gear so it applies full power, but it is therefore also telling the gear display that the bike in in 3rd gear

It's the heavily restricted Belgian and French bikes that are also restricted in 3rd.

And yes the newer models do seem very smooth but I can feel the restriction in 1st and 2nd

I'll be fitting my Z Bomb as soon as I've finished running mine in

z bomb doesn't do anywhere near what the Reflash does.....i've tried them all....

suit yourselves......i thought the same thing, being that i had the z bomb and Z-Fi on my 2010 for 30,000 mile, i felt, well at least i'll have the gear position indicator back...i didn't think the overall difference would be much.....i was shocked by how much better the bike functioned overall with the reflash.....but...suit yourselves

z bomb doesn't do anywhere near what the Reflash does.....i've tried them all....

suit yourselves......i thought the same thing, being that i had the z bomb and Z-Fi on my 2010 for 30,000 mile, i felt, well at least i'll have the gear position indicator back...i didn't think the overall difference would be much.....i was shocked by how much better the bike functioned overall with the reflash.....but...suit yourselves

That's interesting to know, thanks Ishark

Stupid question that's probably somewhere else, but what reflash are you talking about? Which tuning company? Is it something you have to send the ECU in for, or a handheld?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

For fook sake, the Z-bomb only does what it is suppose to do, and that is to override the restrictions in 1st and 2nd gear, it is not a fuel module. The Guhi re-flash is a totally different kettle of fish. Instead of knocking the Z-bomb, how about having like for like for fook sake.

• Member Contributer

For fook sake, the Z-bomb only does what it is suppose to do, and that is to override the restrictions in 1st and 2nd gear, it is not a fuel module. The Guhi re-flash is a totally different kettle of fish. Instead of knocking the Z-bomb, how about having like for like for fook sake.

He is always interesting to read.

• Member Contributer

Hey, I'm not trying to knock either the Z-bomb or the Guhl re-flash - hell I've been considering the re-flash for a while now, it's just I don't see where the fuelling on mine could be better.

But you are very insistent that it is better so it would be very interesting to try one, albeit an unlikely occurrence.

Mods are a personal thing. To some riders, there are a bunch of must-have before they are happy with the bike. I prefer to "fix" things that really need fixing. The VFR1200's fueling at crawling speeds does leave a bit to be desired, but it isn't the worst I've ridden. And realistically, even if that's perfectly fixed, crawling at parking lot speeds isn't something I enjoy doing on any bike... just something to put up with when I have to. Once the big Viffer gets going a bit, I can't find fault in its fueling anywhere for general riding.

Some big bikes I've had, like the ZX14R, have fueling that behave a bit better at low revs and low speeds, but there is no getting around the fact that these big bikes have big lungs and are tuned to breathe deep... and they are happiest when I let them. VFR1200 isn't much different.

• Member Contributer

There is nothing wrong with the Z-bomb, as I said earlier.

the reflash is a cure

I use to give a lot of advice on this forum, but for what ever reason, it was thrown back in my face, so I just don't bother as much now.

I hope that you don't feel anyone is throwing anything back in your face. I like to hear passionate opinions from those who have personal knowledge of a topic that I am reading. I value your input whether or not I agree with your point of view.

Same for all on here, some I just ignore sooner than others :wink:

Archived