New Ram Mount

lshark

just got my new and improved stem mount for the Ram system from Fred huntinggunns.....very nice piece ....simple to install, looks clean and is solid as a rock....much better than the Ram product on last bike, which, although it never moved while riding, just didn't tighten enough and could be knocked out of position by hand.....this one is so solid that i was able to grab the mount and turn the bars lock to lock without it moving.....i bet you could lift the bike by it....might be handy for front tire changes !!!!lol thanks Fred

post-23916-0-41289700-1448792779.jpg

post-23916-0-36082500-1448792713.jpg

post-23916-0-81312400-1448792621.jpg

post-23916-0-26343500-1448792795.jpg

post-23916-0-69092400-1448792881.jpg

• Member Contributer
RAM Mounts RAP-B-354-75U

RAM Attwood/Fish-On Wedge Base with 1" Ball

Estimated Ship Date: 12/17/2015 (if ordered today)Would you rather pick it up? Select Location

View Similar Products

Brand:RAM Mounts

Manufacturer's Part Number:RAP-B-354-75U

Part Type:Mobile and Media Device Mounting Accessories

Summit Racing Part Number:RMI-5083

Here's the one I ordered .

• Member Contributer

just got my new and improved stem mount for the Ram system from Fred huntinggunns.....very nice piece ....simple to install, looks clean and is solid as a rock....much better than the Ram product on last bike, which, although it never moved while riding, just didn't tighten enough and could be knocked out of position by hand.....this one is so solid that i was able to grab the mount and turn the bars lock to lock without it moving.....i bet you could lift the bike by it....might be handy for front tire changes !!!!lol thanks Fred

attachicon.gifIMG_20151127_1731076151.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151127_1727504691.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151127_1730139091.jpg

[attachment=46756:IMG_20151127_1731076151.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20151127_1728016891.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Ishark, glad you like it.

Got the same one . I order it from Summit Racing for $11.00 to the door .

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Now I would like to give mine. The mount that I make and sell to VFRD members is made to look like it was an OE part installed from the factory, and I do not sell them to Summit Racing so it is not the same one. Yes, the part number on the RAM mount that I modify is a RAP-B-354-75U. Anyone can order them from RAM and install it on the bike. It will look just like a part that you stuck in the steering stem hole to mount a GPS or phone mount to. If that is the route that you would like to take and are happy with how that looks, then I say go for it. And, if you have a lathe and would like to modify it yourself, PM me and I will tell you exactly how to do it. However, if you want a mount that looks like part of the bike and do not have the equipment or skills to make it look that way then let me know. :rolleyes:

Thanks Fred! I couldn't be happier with the mount. As Ishark said, it's so solid, it feels like you could lift the bike with the mount.

20151127 171732

20151127 171737 001

• Member Contributer

I have 2 of these from Huntinguns and they are so solid ,mounting is easy and they do not come loose . Very nice piece looks very factory .

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the feedback Stan and GM, always appreciated. I will eventually get some pics posted up on the actual mount thread with it sitting on a 5th, 6th, and 8th Gen instead of just the 7th Gen.

• Member Contributer

Switchblade, on 29 Nov 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:snapback.png

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Now I would like to give mine. The mount that I make and sell to VFRD members is made to look like it was an OE part installed from the factory, and I do not sell them to Summit Racing so it is not the same one. Yes, the part number on the RAM mount that I modify is a RAP-B-354-75U. Anyone can order them from RAM and install it on the bike. It will look just like a part that you stuck in the steering stem hole to mount a GPS or phone mount to. If that is the route that you would like to take and are happy with how that looks, then I say go for it. And, if you have a lathe and would like to modify it yourself, PM me and I will tell you exactly how to do it. However, if you want a mount that looks like part of the bike and do not have the equipment or skills to make it look that way then let me know. :rolleyes:

10 4 Thanks .

Switchblade, on 29 Nov 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:snapback.png

10 4 Thanks .

Sign me up for one please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Where can I get one from?

PM huntinggunns

I ordered one a while ago but my Son is "giving it to me" for Christmas, so I haven't even seen it yet. :blink:

The way I look at it, I'd rather get something I want for Christmas. I've got enough socks.

• Member Contributer

++1^ The way I look at it, I'd rather get something I want for Christmas. I've got enough socks.

Every time i buy stuff for the bike(s) i tell myself its for Xmas - from myself :biggrin:

++1^ The way I look at it, I'd rather get something I want for Christmas. I've got enough socks.

Every time i buy stuff for the bike(s) i tell myself its for Xmas - from myself :biggrin:

just did the same thing.... for some reason I had to have black Pro Bolt fasteners all around. $100 later. :happy:

Archived