Yellow Rc46!

y2kvfr800

da25c6638f7ac13c06f8bbe2dcae8a94.jpg

64aef05ccd7fd37b35d11d69466bd6ff.jpg

Hey guys! Flew one way to Cleveland in my riding gear and rode 1200 Miles home to Dallas.

I have always wanted a 5th Gen Yellow and I am in love with this bike. Previous ride was a new '02 CBR1100XX sold in '09. I loved the XX, but there's just something about the 5th Gen VFR

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful, congrats and safe riding back home!

Thanks! Made it back fine. Stopped in Nashville (500 Miles) for the night

18b8320ad5234c3bac432b3a763871ca.jpg

f05623c3ad32bcf40e310582503d4821.jpg

Then the brutal day. 686 Miles to Grapevine, TX in the 100* + heat.

Rented a storage unit, because my idea of parking her outside quickly dissipated

a37b389a3a4d9c69f2d5cc49da141dcf.jpg

Nice! Hopefully the TSA didn't give you any grief about the 1 way ticket!

Funny you mention it. I didn't think of the one way ticket until I was patted down. I had researched traveling with a helmet, so I was slightly concerned, but it was in the Shoei bag. I have my old Icon riding jeans, icon boots and Icon mesh jacket.

Everything is going well until I step in the body scanner (twice). Long story short, the Kevlar reinforcements in the jeans resulted in a TSA Agent getting to act like he's sworn Police. If I didn't have something much more important to do, we would have had a discussion about his pathetic attitude and my guesses on how he got that way

All part of the fun of not shipping one's bike

Got no idea what you are so excited about! Need more details! Enjoy the best one they ever made!

Thanks Purchased with 30,019 Miles (no pic like a dummy) last Month. Now has 31,656 M.

I am the 4th Owner and POs added Race Tech, Galfer Rotors, replaced rectifier and added cooling fan for said rectifier.

Yes, I agree. 5th Gen is unrivaled and I had to have the Yellow of course!

• Member Contributer

Mine is actually Yellow underneath the Tempest gray paint! Picked mine up in Portland and rode it back to Virginia...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_330/gallery_3896_330_791511.jpg

from my gallery

Nice find! Curious how much that one way ticket was? I was looking into buying one for my kid in Ohio this week to return from a wrestling camp and it was over 300 for one way.... RIDICULOUS price!

Nice! Congrats! How was that long ride?

It was literally a survival situation. I was fully geared up and taking in smart water and stopping more frequently as I approached Dallas. There was a guy on a Royal Venture at a gas station in E TX who was nearly having heat stroke. He had a t-shirt, no helmet and was struggling. I suggested he hang out inside for an hour and get electrolytes asap. He couldn't believe I was relatively fine. We discussed evaporative cooling

Mine is actually Yellow underneath the Tempest gray paint! Picked mine up in Portland and rode it back to Virginia...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_330/gallery_3896_330_791511.jpg

from my gallery

Wow, that looks great!

Nice find! Curious how much that one way ticket was? I was looking into buying one for my kid in Ohio this week to return from a wrestling camp and it was over 300 for one way.... RIDICULOUS price!

It was $224 through Spirit Airlines. They make one jump through hoops. DFW to Cleveland. I have never shopped a one way ticket before, so didn't know if it was reasonable.

Very nice and clean example. Friend bought the same bike from the original owner last year and it's so clean and mint it makes mine look trashed :)

Thank you..this girl is in great shape too. Especially since I am the 4th owner.

She lived in Chicago, then Cleveland. PO didn't know original purchase location. I have the last name, but would love to know where. Just curious

18b8320ad5234c3bac432b3a763871ca.jpg

You should stayed in Knoxville and rode the Dragon . Good lookin bike !

I hear ya. I had to get home ASAP because I was getting it done over my weekend. It was about 20 Hours total on the bike in two days. Would love to hit the Dragon sometime. I rode all of my twisties in SoCal, when I lived there.

Congrats! SERIOUS fan of the 5th-gen here. I'm looking to get back into riding and have pretty much decided on getting one of these when the time is right, probably in the spring.

Congrats! SERIOUS fan of the 5th-gen here. I'm looking to get back into riding and have pretty much decided on getting one of these when the time is right, probably in the spring.

Thanks! Keep your eye out and if you want a Yellow one, be patient and keep your fingers crossed. PO had mine on the Cleveland CL for a while and couldn't sell it. People only wanted to trade. He posted on Cycle Trader hours before I contacted him. I got lucky.

• Member Contributer

It was $224 through Spirit Airlines. They make one jump through hoops. DFW to Cleveland. I have never shopped a one way ticket before, so didn't know if it was reasonable.

Just an FYI - Southwest Airlines "wanna get away" fares are about $79-$200 for one-way. I've been doing a LOT of traveling lately, and overall, best values are SWA.

• Member Contributer

Very nice!!!

I am partial though...

Welcome to the club!

• Member Contributer

You've snagged a great looking bike. Always loved the yellow and miss my '99 dearly.

ps. I think they look even better with white wheels ;-)

VFR800 99

You've snagged a great looking bike. Always loved the yellow and miss my '99 dearly.

ps. I think they look even better with white wheels ;-)

Thanks Lorne. It does look nice with white, but I prefer black powder coat....so far

Archived