Yellow Rc46!

y2kvfr800

• Member Contributer

You've snagged a great looking bike. Always loved the yellow and miss my '99 dearly.

ps. I think they look even better with white wheels ;-)

Thanks Lorne. It does look nice with white, but I prefer black powder coat....so far

Get the white wheels and have Lorne clean them! :cool:

Ciao,

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Congrats! Great bike. I know, because I'm the original owner of my 2000 VFR in yellow. Rode through the mountains yesterday and I don't expect to part with the bike any time soon.

Congrats! Great bike. I know, because I'm the original owner of my 2000 VFR in yellow. Rode through the mountains yesterday and I don't expect to part with the bike any time soon.

Thanks. Another Yellow brother and you're the original owner? Cool!!! I plan on this being my ride for a long long time!!! I may get a second bike someday, but I will never sell this one. It's just too damn much fun to ride!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Rode my 2000 to Athens Ohio a few months ago to visit my Dad. Did a 850 mile day to get back home. That sucked.

• Member Contributer

Nice looking ride! Congrats! Just bought a yeller one myself from esteemed forum member 'Trace'. 3rd 800 and 2nd 5th gen I've owned. Love 'em.

Obligatory pics

post-5439-0-54114800-1438544591.jpg

post-5439-0-30375500-1438544635.jpg

Nice looking ride! Congrats! Just bought a yeller one myself from esteemed forum member 'Trace'. 3rd 800 and 2nd 5th gen I've owned. Love 'em.

Obligatory pics

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks and bad ass! Yellow Nation!! I would love to know where mine was originally purchased. I have his last name, because I ran the VIN at work through Honda iN.

• Member Contributer

Obligatory pics

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks like it matches your Camaro... am I sensing a theme here?

• Member Contributer

Just happenstance. That's our replica of bumblebee from the 1st transformers movie. Yeah, we're geeks.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Very nice ride you have there. I've had two Y2Ks and the yellow, while not the fastest color (that'd be red *), does make one younger. I had mine earlier in my 60s and it made me 16 yr. old. So if you are 20- or 30-somthing, beware. It could make you a child. So enjoy it like you are one. :wheel: (*note the color of the wheelier)

Welcome to the asylum. Very nice ride you have there. I've had two Y2Ks and the yellow, while not the fastest color (that'd be red *), does make one younger. I had mine earlier in my 60s and it made me 16 yr. old. So if you are 20- or 30-somthing, beware. It could make you a child. So enjoy it like you are one. :wheel: (*note the color of the wheelier)

Thanks!! I am 1700 Miles in (3 Weeks). Previous ride was a CBR1100XX, I had done a few long days and wanted this bike 15 Years ago, so I had no reservations about flying to Cleveland and riding her home. I took an 80 Mile spin to lighten the tank in preparation of the 32K Service today. This bike is so comfy, it's crazy. I have stock bars and I feel like I am on a dual sport. The shorter wheelbase has the handling light as a feather. Then, the V-4. I shift as much as possible around 8.5K RPM. With the stock pipe, all I hear and feel is a growl that is amazingly addictive! When I was a lurker, I thought I knew why you guys were so jazzed on the 5th Gen. Now it's confirmed. Thanks again to all for the warm welcome.

A huge selling point for the 5th Gen, if not the most important. I work for Honda now ('10 - Current"), but as Pirsig made clear to me 20 Years ago, I see motorcycles in the "Romantic" v "Classical". I lurked on the two VFR sites and went through with this whole crazy idea, because of all of you. I always thought the VFR was cool because of Iron Butt entries, but when I learned the Yellow one is arguably the best (5th Gen), it was all over.

ETA: 5th Gen

ETA.2: In the effort of context, I forgot to "quote" Max above.

I know I'm late to the party but your yellow looks factory clean! Good grab!

Thanks! She was advertised in Cycle Trader as "never been dropped", and I was really excited! Unfortunately, it isn't the case. She's been on her right side, it only took knowing where to look. Once in 15 Years and 3 POs, I am not complaining. The POs took great care of her, as will I. I am going to leave her as is, with no more mods...(for now). I am enjoying riding her nearly as she rolled off of the showroom floor.

c13319293f6a2a4269ae97fa082d9253.jpg

Another vote for white wheels. But all of my VFRs have white wheels now. Help, I am living in a sea of red VFRs near Seattle. I vow to never own one! Not that I don't like them, there is just too many here.

• Member Contributer

c13319293f6a2a4269ae97fa082d9253.jpg

Another vote for white wheels. But all of my VFRs have white wheels now. Help, I am living in a sea of red VFRs near Seattle. I vow to never own one! Not that I don't like them, there is just too many here.

That's quite a quiver of machines in your garage. Obviously familiar with OMBD. Obsessive Multi Bike Disorder. Sharp y2k.

• Member Contributer

Rode my 2000 to Athens Ohio a few months ago to visit my Dad. Did a 850 mile day to get back home. That sucked.

Wow!

• Member Contributer

Here’s another photo addition to the yellow 5th gen collection. It’s great to take the bike on vacation with the family and get in a few dozen hours in the saddle.

post-18356-0-36077900-1439228061.jpg

Here’s another photo addition to the yellow 5th gen collection. It’s great to take the bike on vacation with the family and get in a few dozen hours in the saddle.

Nice ride! Looks like you're having fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived