Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, NZCam said:

Greg, what camera (?) are you mounting above your left wing-mirror stalk?

 

Cheers - C.

 

That's my laser cannon :tongue:   No, actually it's just an LED flasher - a Bontrager Ion 35.  Here's a link and a vid:

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-accessories/bike-lights/bontrager-ion-35/p/12536/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure that strobing lite will get you a ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

I'm pretty sure that strobing lite will get you a ticket.

 

 

Perhaps - but the cops in my area don't seem to care and it's better to see your neme on a ticket than on a death certificate.  I noticed that many of the bikes at the  2017 IBR had some sort of strobing LED (see vid below):

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, GatorGreg said:

I agree , many times I do things to avoid putting myself in harms way that could be ticketed for , I will always speed past a 18 wheeler, not getting killed by a retread coming off. There are kids here that use strobes to change lights like emergency vehicles use. 

 

Perhaps - but the cops in my area don't seem to care and it's better to see your neme on a ticket than on a death certificate.  I noticed that many of the bikes at the  2017 IBR had some sort of strobing LED (see vid below):

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2017 at 1:22 AM, GatorGreg said:

I agree , many times I do things to avoid putting myself in harms way that could be ticketed for , I will always speed past a 18 wheeler, not getting killed by a retread coming off. There are kids here that use strobes to change lights like emergency vehicles use. 

 

Perhaps - but the cops in my area don't seem to care and it's better to see your neme on a ticket than on a death certificate.  I noticed that many of the bikes at the  2017 IBR had some sort of strobing LED (see vid below):

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Autódromo do Estoril, in Portugal.

 

 

14560240_10211398466706218_3344804987316

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At Mooball,near Murwillumbah, Northern NSW.

IMG_0345.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mt Lindsay. NSW/QLD border.

IMG_0417.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2017 at 9:58 PM, NZCam said:

Greg, what camera (?) are you mounting above your left wing-mirror stalk?

 

I know he said it's a bicycle light but to me it looked like it could have been something along the lines of a Contour Roam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some great pics and bikes on this thread, here's my new to me 2014.

 

IMG_5294_zpsaonzkmwx.jpg

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎09 at 9:16 AM, andrearonin said:

...

 

It looks like the road ends with a ramp, go on and jump over 20 buses like Evel Knievel. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, VifferJ said:

Some great pics and bikes on this thread, here's my new to me 2014.

 

 

 

 

I saw that come up in EDR's Facebook postings. What did they do for you?

 

Remounted my wheels (new tires), changed the oil, washed and waxed. Light was failing by the time I got around to taking the picture.

IMG_20170710_210921.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, lazyeye said:

I saw that come up in EDR's Facebook postings. What did they do for you?

 

Just getting some new rubber, went with the PR4's. 

 

IMG_5296_zpsqhwr951t.jpg

 

IMG_5295_zpsrqqz416d.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Action shot from a buddy's GoPro as he passes my slow butt at the Ridge Motorsports Park.

ridge pic.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mount Lindsay,Queensland. Always reminds me of the movie,Close encounters of the third kind.

IMG_1913.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up a 2014 on August 18, 2017. Here's the new one with the old one. Love it so far! 

 

IMG_9915.thumb.jpg.b235fab1cc2d07c0bcf4c6684bcacabd.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, VifferJ said:

 

Just getting some new rubber, went with the PR4's. 

 

IMG_5296_zpsqhwr951t.jpg

 

IMG_5295_zpsrqqz416d.jpg

 

 

Best tires I ever had! Good choice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joepopp said:

 

Best tires I ever had! Good choice!

 

 

Worst tires I ever had!  Never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DriverDave said:

 

Worst tires I ever had!  Never again.

What was your experience? Curious...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They weren't bad when new, but once I passed 2000 miles, they really started to wear uneven and started to feel pretty crappy.  I think I only got about 4000 miles out of them.  Unless you do a lot of rain riding, I don't think the PR4 is that great on a VFR.  I like the Dunlop Roadsmart line and the Angel GT the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.