This Pair Need Homes...

• Member Contributer

The Standard VFR originally had an asking price over $13k in the bay area?

Yikes...

• Member Contributer

I will take one!!!! As soon as I am done riding the wheels off my 6 gen. I have about 40k miles on it. Can they save one for me for about 10 years???........

C

The 2 deluxe models (2014) to come into my area were sold by the same dealership, one was sold weeks before coming in (mine), one a week before coming in. Another dealer has a standard model they've never sold. Im told that standard model has been discounted in price for a bit now. The dealer I got mine from has a 2015 deluxe in red right now.

• Member Contributer

Not good looks like the 8th gen soon to be gone !

Nah, more likely it's all the folks passing up the standard models on the showroom floor and ending up ordering a deluxe.

Like a good number of the people right here, including myself!

I agree, no interest in the standard model at all.

For $13,499 you get the Deluxe model. For $12,499 for the standard model you get NO anti-lock brakes, NO traction control, NO center stand, NO heated grips, NO remote adjustment of the rear suspension, NO self canceling turn signals, and NO adjustment of the forks at all.

Have Honda got an issue with sales? In the UK only 369 were registered in 2014 and new ones now have special offers, free kit etc thrown in. I think the bike is great, are Honda not pushing it? Is it too expensive. It is a worry because if sales are low then accessories and parts will be hard to come by. In the UK the competition is fierce and with the new BMW R1200RS coming on sale then sales will only suffer more. So c'mon guys start telling people how good is bike is!

• Member Contributer

Wow - 369 - that's a really low number for a country that seems to love them so. I can't see how Honda or the dealers can make money selling so few units. Hopefully Honda has one in design that will really capture the imagination and sell well.

Archived