Prb's 2Nd Annual Vfrd Fall Rally, Boone Nc, Oct 9-13 2015

PirateRiderBen

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a ride Tshirt?

• Of course, ride t-shirts are the only way I get new clothes.
    • Nah, I ride naked. It adds color to my cheeks.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call the Greene hotel directly and ask about VFRD rooms. They still have rooms as of 5:10pm on 9/28, cuz I just got off the phone with them. 828 264 8845

Great numbers so far, should be a great event. :beer:

So what is the potential itinerary for each day?

I won't be able to stay the entire time, so looking to plan for the best use of a day off.

Is Friday just an arrive day?

Thanks

For anyone who it may concern, best to my knowledge, ALL Greene's Motel rooms are two full or queen beds.

There is not a super strict itinerary, but I will be working loosely with the following.

Friday: I will be arriving sometime around 5 most likely. I plan to unload, and grab some dinner with whoever wants to join. there's lots of options within a mile or two of the hotel.

8:00pm Friday I would like to have a riders meeting! Just to get everyone together and say a few words and HAND OUT TSHIRTS. I will accept cash, check, or PayPal.

Saturday: I'll be up around 8 and ready to ride at 9. Last year they did not offer breakfast, just coffee in the front lobby. We can divide up into ride groups of 5-6 basically like at Tmac. I had asked some of the local guys to prepare a route or two and maybe to lead a ride if they feel comfortable. We will have slow, medium, and fast guys present. So spend Friday evening and Saturday morning aquatinting yourself with folks and getting a feel for who would best fit your style.

Saturday evening I will have a surprise at the hotel that I am confident everyone will want to be present to enjoy. Just a token of appreciation for everyone who is involved in this forum and the ride. Lets say that will be 8pm.

Sunday and Monday: will be for riding!!

Tuesday: I will be departing to return to my boring flat lands in eastern NC with a huge smile, some great memories, and hopefully a few hundred miles of awesome rubber down riding.

A few additional notes: We do not have the hotel to ourselves, so please be mindful of that. They told me when I had rooms blocked off that we should all be in the same area, so that should be good. This is a family friendly event and I won't tolerate anyone belittling other riders or causing trouble. I want a safe and fun ride where everyone is comfortable. This is rarely if ever an issue with any VFRD member I have ever seen or attended. We ride our own rides! Don't feel pressured to keep up, folks don't mind waiting. Review the PACE if you aren't familiar with it. Keep the rubber side down and the beer glasses turned up and I foresee a successful event! If you are the praying type, a few requests for good weather won't hurt either! I am looking forward to seeing, riding, and drinking with you folks.

Only a couple weeks!

-PRB

Call the Greene hotel directly and ask about VFRD rooms. They still have rooms as of 5:10pm on 9/28, cuz I just got off the phone with them. 828 264 8845

Thanks for this! Apparently I got the "new guy" when I called earlier. Booked at Greene's now.

Thanks for this! Apparently I got the "new guy" when I called earlier. Booked at Greene's now.

good to hear!

• Member Contributer

We're gonna be coming in Wed afternoon sometime, so if anyone wants to ride on Thursday, I'll have a small route planned.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

For anyone who it may concern, best to my knowledge, ALL Greene's Motel rooms are two full or queen beds.

There is not a super strict itinerary, but I will be working loosely with the following.

Friday: I will be arriving sometime around 5 most likely. I plan to unload, and grab some dinner with whoever wants to join. there's lots of options within a mile or two of the hotel.

8:00pm Friday I would like to have a riders meeting! Just to get everyone together and say a few words and HAND OUT TSHIRTS. I will accept cash, check, or PayPal.

Saturday: I'll be up around 8 and ready to ride at 9. Last year they did not offer breakfast, just coffee in the front lobby. We can divide up into ride groups of 5-6 basically like at Tmac. I had asked some of the local guys to prepare a route or two and maybe to lead a ride if they feel comfortable. We will have slow, medium, and fast guys present. So spend Friday evening and Saturday morning aquatinting yourself with folks and getting a feel for who would best fit your style.

Saturday evening I will have a surprise at the hotel that I am confident everyone will want to be present to enjoy. Just a token of appreciation for everyone who is involved in this forum and the ride. Lets say that will be 8pm.

Sunday and Monday: will be for riding!!

Tuesday: I will be departing to return to my boring flat lands in eastern NC with a huge smile, some great memories, and hopefully a few hundred miles of awesome rubber down riding.

A few additional notes: We do not have the hotel to ourselves, so please be mindful of that. They told me when I had rooms blocked off that we should all be in the same area, so that should be good. This is a family friendly event and I won't tolerate anyone belittling other riders or causing trouble. I want a safe and fun ride where everyone is comfortable. This is rarely if ever an issue with any VFRD member I have ever seen or attended. We ride our own rides! Don't feel pressured to keep up, folks don't mind waiting. Review the PACE if you aren't familiar with it. Keep the rubber side down and the beer glasses turned up and I foresee a successful event! If you are the praying type, a few requests for good weather won't hurt either! I am looking forward to seeing, riding, and drinking with you folks.

Only a couple weeks!

-PRB

I get to come also!!! Saying prayers everyday for no rain!! I hate rain and riding...I'm a big chicken now. :(

I could tell you how to fix that issue, but I think you already know my friend.

-PRB

Yes sir...my banker already told me how to fix it. He also told me I was going to remain pissed!

-PRB

Yes sir...my banker already told me how to fix it. He also told me I was going to remain pissed!

You know if you guys moved here this would not be an issue. :tongue:

• Member Contributer

-PRB

Reading this thread is really pissing me off!

Not that big a deal Mark. The roads are real twisty and the elevation changes are extreme. The fall foliage will probably just be a bunch of vibrant colors that will create breathtaking beauty which makes the twisty and steep roads kinda difficult if you forget your sunglasses.

Good thing the GT Air has an integral sun visor.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it.

Seriously though I wish you two could make it back over this way. Remember we have the room if you ever get the chance. The ST is a fun 2-up bike.

Kimball

• Member Contributer

-PRB

Reading this thread is really pissing me off!

Not that big a deal Mark. The roads are real twisty and the elevation changes are extreme. The fall foliage will probably just be a bunch of vibrant colors that will create breathtaking beauty which makes the twisty and steep roads kinda difficult if you forget your sunglasses.

Good thing the GT Air has an integral sun visor.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it.

Seriously though I wish you two could make it back over this way. Remember we have the room if you ever get the chance. The ST is a fun 2-up bike.

Kimball

The new CB500X customization is wrapping up. For Mark: if you are curious on how to spend about $9,000 on a $5,000 bike, I can add to the fury you experience with your banker. I suppose the good news is I would have spent about $15,000 on a $10,000 bike if I had gone another route, so I really saved money (or that is what I tell myself).

Yep...sounds like all that would definitely suck! Sure glad I am not gonna be able to make it.

Hopefully there will be some pics and stories shared of all the suckage!

We will take pictures and video for your viewing pleasure! Hopefully, we can minimize some of the irritating factors from the original experience.

• Member Contributer

Is anyone bringing a tire changer to Boone by any chance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Call gloryracing's banker and give him a number. :)

I don't have a full changer, but have a set of irons, Brad breaker, rim protectors, as well as a garage and other tools.

• Member Contributer

I don't have a full changer, but have a set of irons, Brad breaker, rim protectors, as well as a garage and other tools.

If I know Aaron your not gonna get tire irons on his rims.

What about this guy he is a VFRD member.

http://ridewnc.com

It's not going to rain this year, ride um slick.

You did order the weather this year didn't you Ben?

We're getting the rain right now. There won't be any left, anywhere in the world, after this weekend. Which reminds me, if you're planning to ride the BRP on the way to Boone, check conditions first. Most of it in NC is currently closed.

We're getting the rain right now. There won't be any left, anywhere in the world, after this weekend. Which reminds me, if you're planning to ride the BRP on the way to Boone, check conditions first. Most of it in NC is currently closed.

Don't know about that. What is closed? I've been on the parkway three times today. I guess your further south? In watauga (i.e. Boone) it's not even that bad, just rain like the past 15 or so days. Roads are nasty at the moment, but will be fine before the end of the week.

If I know Aaron your not gonna get tire irons on his rims.

What about this guy he is a VFRD member.

http://ridewnc.com

WNC is very spread out. 2.5-3 hours from Boone via slab. Longer if you take smaller roads.

It's not going to rain this year, ride um slick.

You did order the weather this year didn't you Ben?

You know it. Sunny and 63 or so is what it's looking like right now.

Archived