Can Anyone Identify These Headers?

Thanks guys. If it helps, the header was very close, if not touching the lower right fairing. I thought at first it was because the current owner said the PO laid it on its side, but thought that it may instead be because they were aftermarket.

• Member Contributer

They are two bros headers, i can trade you my stock headers for them, I think they would fit much better

Number one can you take a picture that actually shows the headers? Number two, are there clamps or springs holding everything together?

Quick way to find out if they are TBR headers. What kind of can is on it? OEM? Then no TBR.

Did you even read?

Number one can you take a picture that actually shows the headers? Number two, are there clamps or springs holding everything together?

I left the guys place already, but I may go back this weekend and look a little more, and maybe bring it home... It's either this y2k, or a 98 with a horrible paint job and a current owner that hasn't changed the oil in 2 years (also $500 cheaper).

If I go back, Is there an easy visualization to figure out if it's oem or aftermarket?

Yeah if the pipes are stainless. Fifth gens did not come with stainless headers (except for Germany?). Does it have a manual choke? Manual choke means its a 98/99 and shouldn't have a catalytic converter. If it doesn't have a choke, its a 00/01, which should have a catalytic converter and o2 sensors, if it doesn't have a cat and its a 00/01, then its aftermarket.

IF THE HEADER IS HELD TOGETHER WITH SPRINGS, ITS A TWO BROTHERS FULL RACE SYSTEM. IF THE HEADER IS HELD TOGETHER WITH CLAMPS, ITS NOT A RACE HEADER.

Yeah if the pipes are stainless. Fifth gens did not come with stainless headers (except for Germany?). Does it have a manual choke? Manual choke means its a 98/99 and shouldn't have a catalytic converter. If it doesn't have a choke, its a 00/01, which should have a catalytic converter and o2 sensors, if it doesn't have a cat and its a 00/01, then its aftermarket.

IF THE HEADER IS HELD TOGETHER WITH SPRINGS, ITS A TWO BROTHERS FULL RACE SYSTEM. IF THE HEADER IS HELD TOGETHER WITH CLAMPS, ITS NOT A RACE HEADER.

Thanks, I'm 95% positive that it didn't have a manual choke. I plan on checking it out tomorrow or Friday. Will keep you all posted.

• Member Contributer

I'd take the 2000 with the 2Bro can/headers over the non serviced 98/99, especially if the 2k owner took better care of the bike. An aftermarket exhaust, particularly a "racing" exhaust would set you back way more than the $500 price difference!

• Member Contributer

CR look closely at the pic, you can see the spring retainer, but NO spring directly below the brake pedal on the main collector. You need to blow the picture up a bit, easy on my iPad ;) So I'd guess they are TBR.

• Member Contributer

They are two bros headers, i can trade you my stock headers for them, I think they would fit much better

i guess everyone misseed this the first time. THEY ARE TWO BROS HEADERS!!

• Member Contributer

I'm looking at picking up a used bike, and I'm wondering if anyone can tell if these are the stock headers or not. The bike has a two Brothers can on it. I know not much to go off of, but this is on a 2000.

Quick way to find out if they are TBR headers. What kind of can is on it? OEM? Then no TBR.

I believe this is what Candy is referring to...

• Member Contributer

i guess everyone misseed this the first time. THEY ARE TWO BROS HEADERS!!

I got it Grif .

Archived