First Farkles

Skids

• Member Contributer

Managed to get a few farkles done today.

First I took my 6th Gen to Harris Performance in Hertford and had a Nitron rear shock fitted. I would have swapped it myself but I wanted it setup for me.

P1000801_zps4dgr2uku.jpg

Then it was emptying boxes.

P1000798_zpsmovuvlhw.jpg

Firstly, a pad & straps for the topbox (unfortunately, they're for the small topbox not the 45litre one I got so the dealer is going to swap it), above that is the rear wheel centre from Thurn, then a Telferizer stem mount, a cable for my Klan heated vest which plugs into the cigarette socket beneath the seat and a Cramp Buster from Scottoiler.

P1000799_zpsyf9yqt3r.jpg

Then a rad cover from Beowulf, and a pair of Techspec tank grips.

P1000800_zpswrurbq1u.jpg

And finally a Fender Extender & Rear Hugger from Skidmarx and a new number plate.

In no particular order:

P1000808_zpsuuohitrn.jpg

P1000809_zpsnys5qcv2.jpg

P1000805_zpskut2we2t.jpg

P1000804_zpssyt1nsw6.jpg

P1000814_zpsvhowqryt.jpg

P1000811_zpsblkfqn3c.jpg

P1000812_zpsqc2dod3m.jpg#

Tank grips look better from a distance.

P1000813_zpseylh7fbz.jpg

P1000810_zpsytne2hpe.jpg

P1000815_zpsdeahbjam.jpg

• Member Contributer

Almost forgot, managed to wash her first, there were finger marks from her time in the dealers.

P1000802_zpswb4id7ev.jpg

whoa... UK has some big ass plates!

Liking the rear hugger. Very nice coverage. My carbon fibre one got torn up when the rear tire got punctured by a big ol' bolt.

• Member Contributer

Apparently Christmas came pretty early to Bedfordshire :)

I like the subtle personalization of the number plate.

• Member Contributer

What do you think of the tank grips? Think thinking about picking up a pair this spring, but I don't know if I want the snakeskin or the C3.

I haven't had an opportunity to try them yet.

I got the s/s...easy to apply and looks really good.

What do you think of the tank grips? Think thinking about picking up a pair this spring, but I don't know if I want the snakeskin or the C3.

I had those on my 5th gen and loved them I had the C3 for the knee grips. It was easy to dig in with my knee and they didn't rip. The C3 did rip on the tank pad over one weekend on the Dragon and surrounding area, so for the tank I went with the snakeskin. Techspec was awesome about it too. Excellent customer service! I'll be buying some once I peel off the ugly OEM carbon fiber pads.

• 2 months later...

Just ordered Tech Spec Tank Grips and Tank Protector, plus OEM Bags, OEM Hugger, and Heavy Throttlemeister Kit.

Thanks everyone for the tips on the Tech Spec stuff. I wasn't finding many other options I liked. :cool:

• Member Contributer

I like them a lot. Although I haven't tried them with leather trousers yet, they give excellent grip on my Rukka textiles.

I like them a lot. Although I haven't tried them with leather trousers yet, they give excellent grip on my Rukka textiles.

Awesome! Thanks for getting back to me. After this weekends long ride over some horribly maintained Minnesota roads, I am determined to pick up a set of these to help keep me in place in my seat without putting all my weight on my handlebars.

Sweet Fancy Moses those license plates are huuuuge! Those damn things have GOT to cut down on your MPG and top speed. Wow. That's like driving around and towing a billboard behind you. Please tell me there has been some kind of "movement" to reduce the size of those damn things. Is everyone there struggling with vision problems?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Sweet Fancy Moses those license plates are huuuuge! Those damn things have GOT to cut down on your MPG and top speed. Wow. That's like driving around and towing a billboard behind you. Please tell me there has been some kind of "movement" to reduce the size of those damn things. Is everyone there struggling with vision problems?

Ha....it's the perspective & slight fish-eye of the camera lens methinks. They're bigger than US plates but not that much bigger.

I've got the Snakeskin Tech Specs on the 6th Gen and they do look the DBs. The only problem I've had is when I switch over to my summer riding gear, which is light grey in color (jacket + trousers). I get dark smudge type stains on the knees and crutch, where I contact the knee pads and tank pad. Otherwise very happy and I also concur that their Customer Service is excellent.

Guest richy170

How many bikes are you squeezing into that garage? I spent last weekend buying shelves and boxes from B & Q just so I can fit one bike in!

Guest richy170

What size cramp buster did you buy i.e. Standard, Oversized or Wide as the VFR is not listed. I also have grip puppies fitted so would you recommend oversized?

• Member Contributer

What size cramp buster did you buy i.e. Standard, Oversized or Wide as the VFR is not listed. I also have grip puppies fitted so would you recommend oversized?

I bought the standard size. I'm not sure what grip puppies are I'm afraid, so I can't help you with that one.

How many bikes are you squeezing into that garage? I spent last weekend buying shelves and boxes from B & Q just so I can fit one bike in!

Me? 3 at the moment, though the remains of one is due to be taken away today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Fitted a set of Thurn Motorsport lowered rear footpegs for Mrs Skids today.

IMAG02971_zpspkikwphl.jpg

Trick is not losing the ball bearing from the footrest. You also need to use the spring from the oem footpeg.

IMAG02981_zps8gdc5sb9.jpg

In position.

IMAG02991_zps1uyit0qs.jpg

There are several positions to fix them in but it will have to wait until Mrs Skids is home so she can try them out.

IMAG03001_zps3ynmdgrs.jpg

Footpeg attaches easily and has a plastic end cover.

IMAG03011_zps2ougyrsr.jpg

Down.

IMAG03041_zpsardox7jd.jpg

And up.

IMAG03031_zpsr1taujmm.jpg

Archived