Still Waiting On The Fricken White Side Bags..............

Blesk

• Member Contributer

I'm a commuter and I prepaid for a "critical backorder" to be at the head of the line when they hit the 'states. The initial estimate was 24 December. I check today and Honda says, "Late December to early January." :angry:

NOT A HAPPY CAMPER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. Thank you.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Bummer. I seem to recall though that's the way the bike itself was brought to the states - a continually pushed back ETA. We had a white one with bags at the Oregon Trail meet this summer - it is a looker with 'em on. It will be worth the wait!

• Member Contributer

Wow, that's just weird! I know that the new VFR is NOT available in blue from the factory in any part of the world, so they must have painted them....but why???!!! Although if you're into blue bikes, I bet it would look pretty good if they painted the whole bike that color.

The side bags are the same of VFR 1200 and probably these ones were installed on a blue 1200.

I suspected that, but wasn't sure. On ebay, the 2014 panniers are cheaper than the 7th gen for some reason.

When I picked up my (red) bike in August, my dealer didn't have any bags in stock. They ordered them, and they arrived 1 week later from California (I'm in Colorado). Not sure what the problem is with the white ones.

• Member Contributer

I bet the red bags are already here .

:goofy:

When I picked up my (red) bike in August, my dealer didn't have any bags in stock. They ordered them, and they arrived 1 week later from California (I'm in Colorado). Not sure what the problem is with the white ones.

I knew it ...

• Member Contributer

There is a set of VFR1200 bags in white on ebay.co.uk now - part #'s 08L70-MGE-D10ZE 08L51-MGE-822. The color is "Sunbeam White", color code NH-A66P. The buy it now is £450, or just over $700. If that is the same color code as your '14, you could get 'em now. I got my 6th gen luggage out of the U.K as the color I needed was no longer available in the U.S. A word of caution, when they hit customs in the U.S. and the phone call comes asking "what's in the box?", reply "motorcycle accessories" or "motorcycle bodywork". If you use the word "luggage", they will assess a 20% duty, as there is that on luggage items used for travel. Motorcycle parts are duty free in to the U.S. It can be unwound, but it's a real PITA.

• Member Contributer

There is a set of VFR1200 bags in white on ebay.co.uk now - part #'s 08L70-MGE-D10ZE 08L51-MGE-822. The color is "Sunbeam White", color code NH-A66P. The buy it now is £450, or just over $700. If that is the same color code as your '14, you could get 'em now. I got my 6th gen luggage out of the U.K as the color I needed was no longer available in the U.S. A word of caution, when they hit customs in the U.S. and the phone call comes asking "what's in the box?", reply "motorcycle accessories" or "motorcycle bodywork". If you use the word "luggage", they will assess a 20% duty, as there is that on luggage items used for travel. Motorcycle parts are duty free in to the U.S. It can be unwound, but it's a real PITA.

Just checked my color code: NH-B53P :(

Thanks so much for posting that though!

• Member Contributer

Your gonna clear coat it a pink tint anyway . Right ?

• Member Contributer

Wasn't planning on it. I only did that when I had to repaint the last one after getting backed over in parking lots twice. I like the stock color just fine!

• Member Contributer

Wasn't planning on it. I only did that when I had to repaint the last one after getting backed over in parking lots twice. I like the stock color just fine!

10-4 ..

Archived