2015 Daytona 200

• Member Contributer

You mean 2015 Daytona 200?!?

Interesting read... I'd love to see Guy Martin and Michael Dunlop give it a go!!!

Don't see the money magically appearing though...

• Member Contributer

WTF!? Daytona? No one has cared about that race for more than a decade. There'll be more drunks in jail on Friday than in the stands on Saturday.

It's dead, Jim

• Member Contributer

Yeah last I heard was Foggy racing there and "somehow" the name of his home town (Blackburn) showed up as Blackbum.

He shrugged that off..

post-8974-0-78100200-1417603051.jpg

Daytona-200-95-300x168.jpg

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what caused the first red flag during the race? I watched the internet coverage off and on. It was free and that is the only good thing I can say about it. There was a red flag after 19 laps and the announcers never said what the cause was. I was baffled.

• Member Contributer

It was free...though I lost interest after the seventh red flag. :wink:

The first one looked like it had been caused by the guy who speared through the "barrier" at the end of the first chicane, with his bike finding its way all the way through to the next bit of track. Close-ish racing, I suppose, but what was it, a club race? The stands looked deserted, too. Sad. US superbike racing (not that this race was one--they were riding 600s) is a shadow of its former self, all thanks to the incompetent morons at the AMA...

Ciao,

I'm sorry, it was actually the second red flag I'm asking about. It occurred at 19 laps. No clue provided by announcers as to the cause. Was it just to allow all teams a tire change...like a mandatory safety red flag due to all the past tire issues?

• Member Contributer

DMG set US Superbike racing back 10 years, can't say I'm sad to see Jim's beach race decline. The Daytona 200, though historically significant, is an anachronism. Glad to see it go. It was never really a road race. Bye Jim.

That said, glad to see Eslick win. He's a phenomenal rider. Saw him pass five guys on the outside, sideways, at T2 at Laguna. Too bad he wasn't on the scene back in the mid-90's.

• Member Contributer

The early 80's were great times for this race had lots of competition just to get in for the 90 spots . After the superbikes came in there was still lots of riders but now it seems like a whoever can afford to make it to Daytona gets in the show .How sad that it has declined to this ,I used to love Daytona as a racer and just to be there was electrifying .

I don't remember what the second red flag was. It was very windy at the beginning of the race and the first red flag was from guys not being able to slow down due the the tail wind. The stands were bare except under the upper deck in the shade, the announcers did comment that this was the biggest crowd in a number of years. I hope the other people can bring it back from the NASCAR groups misdirection.

Archived