New Forum Member - Southwest Virginia

Guest HappyCatFilms

Guest HappyCatFilms

Hi everyone;

Just found the forum - looking forward to exploring more. I'm also a list lurker on the long-time VFR Mailing list. LIkely some common members here.

Main ride is a '99 VFR800 I bought new and will probably never sell. Been to a few WDGH events (most recently in 2006... that long ago? Yeah, I got the T-shirt) and COTU.

This winter, I'm giving the girl a thorough going-through to get ready for next season. I have extra vacation to use in 2015, and I intend to spend at least some of it riding! Working on a trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway from my current location to the southern end, with some time at the Tail of the Dragon, for one.

Be great to meet some regional/local folks. My riding buddies when I lived in Maine were a great bunch - I miss all of them.

All the best,

- Rob.

Welcome, Rob. I know SW VA well. My family's from The Gap. I'm now in SoCal, but lived all around the US.

You got some good roads around there. I've done the BRP from beginning to end a few times too. Nice ride, but watch the speed. It's patrolled well.

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard Rob! I have to say your log in name really has me curious?

HappyCat Films is my 'after the day job's done' hobby. Short films, commercial work, charity work, etc. And on-vehicle cameras, of course!

• Member Contributer

HappyCat Films is my 'after the day job's done' hobby. Short films, commercial work, charity work, etc. And on-vehicle cameras, of course!

Sweet, you'll have to post some of those "on vehicle" films for us!

Cheers

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome. Glad to be here.

Yeah, the '99 is a bit on the chunky side, particularly in the back end, as compared to newer models, but to me she's still one of the best looking VFRs ever. Only ones better are some of the early 500s...

I'm watching the boards and constantly noting potential trips. Look forward to seeing you on the road, or track (I'm renewing with Team ProMotion this year, as NESBA is no more).

Rubber side down,

- Rob.

Welcome, Rob, from Spotsylvania!

I'm down your way periodically during riding season...will let you know next time I'm planning a ride out to WV via 33/250~

Archived