Exhaust Ideas For My Rwb Vtec

• Member Contributer

NOT trying to start another exhaust debate, but just curious to hear what the experts think might suit my particular needs. I am throwing around ideas for exhaust for my new 2007 RWB that is getting overhauled with Traxxion forks, Penske shock. What is still available? I have only been able to find new Delkevic and Remus cans for the VFR these days. Guess that is what happens when you come to the party late.

The following criteria are most important:

1. Retains reliable VFR dynamics and general smoothness

2. Looks clean (smaller is better, fits lines of bike)

3. Light weight (not necessarily super light, slipons OK)

4. Better sound (but not much louder than stock, I prefer stealth)

I could care less about horsepower increases and would prefer NOT to add alternate fueling map devices or dyno runs. I hear Seb used to make stuff, is that correct?

:lurk:

I gutted my stock exhaust, but not as a means to an end. I still plan on getting an aftermarket kit--holding out for Leo Vince that was offered possibly.

Partial gutted stock exhaust does sound quite good, however, and I am very pleased for the time being.

• Member Contributer

My 09 came with the 2 Bros exhaust on it when I bought it, it has two cans but only one is actually connected to the mid-pipe. Not sure which model it is but it is NOT the stash can model. That model actually has a lock and key for the unused can so you can...stash things in it. The one I have looks and sounds good IMO, although if memory serves me right it is a bit pricey, somewhere in the $800 price range.

• Member Contributer

I was reading that link, but after several pages got distracted. I liked 2 Bros on my 97. The Stash can is interesting. IMHO, the 2 Bros 6th gen cans seem like they are too long to fit the profile of the bike.

I liked the Delkevic shorty. More of a Carbon fiber guy, but wonder if the stainless might look better on the RWB?

product2682_4.jpghttp://images.delkevic.co.uk/product2682_4.jpg

• Member Contributer

How hard is it to keep the different exhaust materials clean? My bikes like to attract more road grime than most.

• Member Contributer
Stock Yamaha R1 Titanium exhausts with shields. Light weight, only slightly louder and looks like it was made for the VFR. All you would need to do is add a custom Y pipe to connect to the header and you are set. And as you can see hard cases are not a problem. :wink:

R1 Exhaust

R1 Exhaust

R1 Exhaust

• Member Contributer

This is what's going on mine when the money is available.

You mean when you sell your duplicate bike?

• Member Contributer

IMHO, the 2 Bros 6th gen cans seem like they are too long to fit the profile of the bike.

Not sure which 2Bros you are referring to but the one I have seems to fit quite nicely...

post-23057-0-05254200-1412725730.jpg

post-23057-0-50809800-1412725739.jpg

• Member Contributer

IMHO, the 2 Bros 6th gen cans seem like they are too long to fit the profile of the bike.

Not sure which 2Bros you are referring to but the one I have seems to fit quite nicely...

attachicon.gifVFR800 Left Rear Quarter.JPG

attachicon.gifVFR800 Right Rear Quarter (2).JPG

That one does look a little better. Seemed like the other pics they looked longer. I would consider if they had a mini option like Delkevic - I actually just ordered their stainless slip-on!

Yep

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4800 ?

Do it, Dave. You know you need a project. That MRA screen hasn't even been broken in yet on your bike.

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifVFR800 Left Rear Quarter.JPG

attachicon.gifVFR800 Right Rear Quarter (2).JPG

That one does look a little better. Seemed like the other pics they looked longer. I would consider if they had a mini option like Delkevic - I actually just ordered their stainless slip-on!

Yep

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4800 ?

Do it, Dave. You know you need a project. That MRA screen hasn't even been broken in yet on your bike.

:beer:

• Member Contributer

Has anyone checked to see if any of the Gen 8 low exhausts will adapt to the Gen 6? I guess the question focuses on whether the connection at the center pipe is similar.

I know the empty holes, where the OEM exhausts sat, would look odd for those who use std saddle bags (or side cases), but it might be ok for the rest.

• Member Contributer

Has anyone checked to see if any of the Gen 8 low exhausts will adapt to the Gen 6? I guess the question focuses on whether the connection at the center pipe is similar.

I know the empty holes, where the OEM exhausts sat, would look odd for those who use std saddle bags (or side cases), but it might be ok for the rest.

Would be cool if they were compatible.

• Member Contributer

I have a stock 07 gutted exhaust just sitting around from the 07 RWB I picked up this summer. I ended up putting Staintunes on it to match my 90 VFR. Sound of the gutted pipes were not bad...

Nick

• Member Contributer

I have a stock 07 gutted exhaust just sitting around from the 07 RWB I picked up this summer. I ended up putting Staintunes on it to match my 90 VFR. Sound of the gutted pipes were not bad...

Nick

Some had half-gutted stock pipes, which sounded pretty good. I will see how the Delkevic goes, but will keep this in mind if I don't like it for some reason.

• Member Contributer

Mine is a half gut.

Get a devil exhaust! Nothing's too good for your baby!

Where are they even selling these?

• Member Contributer

I know the empty holes, where the OEM exhausts sat, would look odd for those who use std saddle bags (or side cases), but it might be ok for the rest

Since the 5th gen headers fit on the 6th gen, I'd imagine that the sticking point is hanging the can off of the rear foot peg bracket. You'd probably have to do some drilling on the bracket to allow for that.

FYI, those shorty Delkevics are LOUD. If you're looking for stealth, you won't like them.

I had FMF Apex pipes on my 07, but they're not available anymore. They looked and sounded great.

• Member Contributer

FYI, those shorty Delkevics are LOUD. If you're looking for stealth, you won't like them.

I had FMF Apex pipes on my 07, but they're not available anymore. They looked and sounded great.

I will put the baffle in. Are they that loud with the baffle in? Most folks I read about said they were louder than stock, had a nice rumble, but wouldn't draw too much attention.

Archived