Well, That's Daddies Girl

zoomzoom

• Member Contributer

Well my daughter Chantal has been after me for awhile now to take her for a ride on the bike. Her brother Liam has accumulated a number of miles as passenger and today, while I was letting the bike run for a bit after doing an oil change and reassembling, she took the opportunity to pretend to go on a trip. She had wanted to sit on the bike after I had washed and dried it, and started it to let it run for a bit to circulate things and get the oil burned off the header where the dang filter drips on it. I walked in to the garage to get the bottle of wax (well it's clean so why not wax it...........right??) and Chantal has decided to make vroom vroom noises, FOR REAL!! Too cute I say, too cute.

Not overly informative or earth shattering, but heh, it shows there is another future VFR owner in the works, and this time it's going to be the DAUGHTER. We need more female riders here, RIGHT??

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiLQKDe-QQ

• Member Contributer

She's got better throttle control than some of the people I ride with! Nice video.

That's funny… my first observation as well!

I'll start looking for a bike we can fix up for her Bill. Is a 1000 too big?

• Member Contributer

She's got better throttle control than some of the people I ride with! Nice video.

That's funny my first observation as well!

I'll start looking for a bike we can fix up for her Bill. Is a 1000 too big?

As long as by 1000 you were referring to its weight in grams. LOL. Every time I leave the house to go for a ride with Liam (her 7 year old brother for those that are wandering) Chantal gets this pouty look on her face that is just heart wrenching. Honestly I have to look away, other wise this overwhelming sense of guilt sets in and ...............................

We went to a garage sale last weekend and the owner of the house saw Chantal sitting on a pocket bike in the garage that was pink no less, and she had the biggest grin on her face. The owner, Greg, asked if I would be taking the pocket bike as well, and when i asked if it came with a set of training wheels, he said "As a matter of fact," and pointed to the shelf above the bike.

He was only asking $150 for the bike (and training wheels) but when I looked at my wife she said "Uhhhhhh, NO!!!" LOL. I never seem to have my phone around when I need to take the candid shots............... Have to work on that.

• Member Contributer

I started riding with my 12 year old daughter. Was terrifying for me at first but she loved it. It was really funny early on as I could not work out why the bike was falling into turns, but it turned out she'd absorbed a lot of Rossi style and was hanging off into the bends! Glad Mum didn't see that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My little girl wants to ride really bad too. She will be 9 in a few more months and wants to ride now. I keep telling her I want her to get a little bit bigger first but it wont be long now and I am going to have to get her some gear!

Here is one of my little girl sitting on the VFR back last fall.

post-28936-0-38145700-1411215365.jpg

• Member Contributer

My little girl wants to ride really bad too. She will be 9 in a few more months and wants to ride now. I keep telling her I want her to get a little bit bigger first but it wont be long now and I am going to have to get her some gear!

Here is one of my little girl sitting on the VFR back last fall.

Neat picture Rigger. Your daughter looks as though she that "Ok, I'm sitting here on the bike without gear on.........because............."

I have told Chantal that once she gets big enough she will be allowed to go riding as well, but as yet, I still don't have a stret bike helmets small enough. The smallest street bike full face helmet I was able to get was an HJC kids XS and she still doesn't fit that. Our local regs also state that she has to be able to sit on the passenger portion of the seat and be able to touch the foot pegs and she is still about 2 inches away from that being able to touch.

Very cute kid.

Too bad Mom veto'ed the pink pocket bike.

Glad her legs aren't long enough yet to reach the VFR's gearshift.

• Member Contributer

Here I am taking the kid out for a spin...

post-22267-0-93358900-1411344311.jpg

And here we are at the destination.

post-22267-0-31741200-1411344271.jpg

Sorry about the non-VFR....other bikes are available).

• Member Contributer

That's very cool, but I would be concerned with any child playing on a running bike if they accidentally popped it in gear!

My then 5 or so year-old daughter was a passenger on my sled. I got off the machine behind my other one (leading) to discuss routes.

Waaaaa BAM!! As fast as she could into the front one. Was only 8 feet, but you get the point.

It only happens once.

Archived