Honda Reveals New 2015 Vfr800X Crossrunner

PaulB

Honda states: “The heart of the machine remains its VTEC-equipped 90° V4 DOHC 16 valve engine, which now offers increased low and mid-range torque for flexible, effortless drive, plus increased peak power of 105bhp, delivered at 10,250rpm.

• Member Contributer

My husband (which is on VFRD) took one out for a ride. Honda had some nice looking bikes, but their fueling sucks! He was debating on the new VFR as he had ride then for years. He actually ended up purchasing the Yamaha FZ8 and loves it. No Power Commander needed! Just came back from playing in Arkansas and he ride this bike better than the VFRs he had rode in the past. We do still have 3 VFRs in the shop, but they will pretty much stay there. One is more of a show bike, the other 2 well be sold in the next year.

• Member Contributer

If adventure bikes float your boat, this would be a very good option.....that motor is fantastic.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Cycle world magazine in Oct 2 states: "The engine is equipped with what Honda calls “Honda Selectable Torque Control System.” In laymen’s terms, it’s a traction control system with two torque-delivery modes. In this sophisticated system, only two valves per cylinder operate until about 5,500 rpm, at which point the other two valves begin to operate. This makes Honda’s V-4 smooth and torquey at low rpm while also being fierce and masculine at the top." Is this a renaming of VTEC or is there something new here (or did cycle world just get the name wrong)?

• Member Contributer

My apologies for not being more thorough---the article is about the 2015 cross runner (I googled 2015 vfr looking to see if a new version was coming out anytime soon). The Crossrunner is the VFR800X Crossrunner -- the namesake of this thread. It does appear as though there may be a different version of the traction control but I suspect cycle world got there descriptions crossed.

If anyone knows the details of the 2 stage traction control in the VFR800X and its differences from the regular vfr800 I'd be interested to know. thx

Archived