Anyone Know The Paint Code Of These Vfr800 Wheels?

signal

• Member Contributer

^^^ But hard to keep clean, at least that's the problem I have with my 5 Gen!

Bright white would not look good on my Force Silver Metallic. Looks great on RWB however! I love the gold rims, need to find the paint code so I can get mine powder coated that color, or just find a set. Would love to get an eight spoke, seem hard to come by.

• Member Contributer

Bright white would not look good on my Force Silver Metallic. Looks great on RWB however! I love the gold rims, need to find the paint code so I can get mine powder coated that color, or just find a set. Would love to get an eight spoke, seem hard to come by.

I thought I read somewhere on here or VFRW that the color was called "Summer Blonde Metallic" or something similar to that.

Dcu2V4, yeah I just saw that seems to be a consensus. Here is what I have found out.

Color is supposedly Summer Blonde YR-129M. I did not see where Colorite has this color.

powder by the pound has a color "Sun Gold" that looks damn good, I may just use that.

I am not sure how you go about ordering powder of factory paint codes, even colorite does not seem to sell powder. Powder seems to be the ideal way to paint the wheels.

Dude, I had to buy an entire 3rd Gen bike, just to get this wheel for my 2007. The kid went to get the title for the bike, and I had it running, driving it around the cup de sac before he got back. I sold the rest of the bike to my buddy for spares and ended up paying 200 bucks for the wheel.

822479baa94612c4b91f4f5e050b115b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

the part number for the wheel in question is 42650-MCW-D00ZD

"type 4"marks the color gold

The white wheel is "type 2" for instance

• Member Contributer

What's your opinion about candy glory red wheels on candy glory red VFR? I'm trying to find perfect colour combination.

b53d93dfc854.jpg

I have this color combo and get compliments all the time about both the bike and the wheels. If I ever change it, I'm going with professionally polished wheels. They look almost like chrome and I love that. I polished my 4th gen wheels and have seen "home jobs" on 6th gens but I think they look best with the rough portions ground out smooth and the whole wheel gleaming.

• Member Contributer

the part number for the wheel in question is 42650-MCW-D00ZD

"type 4"marks the color gold

The white wheel is "type 2" for instance

No workie for me .

That's the wheel not the paint ?

3 42650MCWD00ZD

(42650-MCW-D00ZD) WHEEL SUB ASSY., RR. *TYPE4* £537.23 (€612.44) ($891.80) 001

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

The '91 models came with gold wheels - Honda called it "Summer Blond Metallic". If you look in the parts fiche it will list the code - Colorite can make it for you. It's a lighter gold - less yellow - maybe not what you're looking for. With the metallic, it's beautiful in the sun.

Capture%20II_zpsjaqyqgrq.jpg

Lint,

Those are Carrozzeria wheels. At one time, CZ made a hub and a modified Ducati 1098 rear wheel for the VFR. A CBR wheel bolts on up front. CZ doesn't advertise this wheelset and hub anymore, but CZ might fill a special order for a kit. Apparently the guy who runs/ran CZ is Japanese and he always loved the VFR, so he had the designers make this kit even though CZ didn't sell very many here. There is a modest weight savings over stock, but not as much as you would think because the machined hub weighs quite a bit. So, if rich Aunt Matilda leaves you about $3800, call CZ! Or if you are a skilled machinist, you could machine a hub assembly and modify Ducati wheel to fit (easy for me to say . . .).

Jon

I want these wheels

HONGallery111.jpg
I believe they are Carrezeria (sp?) wheels.

Archived