2007 Rwb

• Member Contributer

I have returned to the asylum as an inmate rather than an observer...

13K miles, totally babied, no accidents, can't wait to ride it. Helibars, Sargent seat, and Givi touring screen (will probably switch it out for stock).

I would post a movie of the bike with the James Bond theme song, but I am not as skilled as Timmy.

More pics to follow! Gotta spend time with the (other) girl!

post-8151-0-58705200-1408056704.jpg

Nice, love the outlet in the stem, very clean. And the tail with no handle looks good too! Why you going to switch out the Givi screen though?

• Member Contributer

Sweet ride. I owned two 07 RWBs and would recommend them to anyone. The engine's torque and horsepower combine with perfectly spaced gearbox ratios to make the slightly heavy (because it's freaking durable) bike one of the most balanced motorcycles ever in the mountains.

You have seen my old bike keep up with some serious street weapons in the mountains. The bike will feel like a riding lawnmower compared to your K bike but when you look down and see the numbers on the speedo you get it. Safe, controlled performance. The BMW M5 of motorcycles.

All day comfy.

I never sold my VFR stuff because I figured I would have to pick up another one. Might have to find one now to You Dave Matt and I can go trolling again.

KEB

Better yet I'll just get a K bike and glue it to the backside of your VFR all day. Payback! :beer:

• Member Contributer

very nice! and you have a powerlet outlet in the stem!

I have the same powerlet outlet in my 5th gen stem but I tested it with a voltmeter showed no voltage ??

anybody know what this port is for ?

It's for powering up 12v accessories, similar to your cars cigarette lighter jack, but this requires a Powerlet plug. It may be triggered on with the ignition so if you tested it with the ignition off, that may be why you had no voltage...Now back to the regularly scheduled post.

Welcome back 007! Nice ride you found there. Definitely a good looking machine!

I have the same powerlet outlet in my 5th gen stem but I tested it with a voltmeter showed no voltage ??

It's for powering up 12v accessories, similar to your cars cigarette lighter jack, but this requires a Powerlet plug. It may be triggered on with the ignition so if you tested it with the ignition off, that may be why you had no voltage...Now back to the regularly scheduled post.

Also, Powerlet has since discontinued that outlet port (as well as dozens of other model specific powerlet options), but Switchblade is going to get these on the shelf and I can't wait to put one in. Will work perfect with a tank bolt RAM Mount

Before you pull that Givi screen, can you report your height and how well it blocks the wind? Where does the wind hit with this screen on? (chin, top of helmet, over head)?

• Member Contributer

Also, Powerlet has since discontinued that outlet port (as well as dozens of other model specific powerlet options), but Switchblade is going to get these on the shelf and I can't wait to put one in. Will work perfect with a tank bolt RAM Mount

Before you pull that Givi screen, can you report your height and how well it blocks the wind? Where does the wind hit with this screen on? (chin, top of helmet, over head)?

Haven't had it on the highway yet. The previous owner brought it to my house and I stuck it in the shed. Still need to get the title transferred, registered, and plates before I start playing. I also work the next 3 days, so no play until Tuesday. I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather.

Sweet ride. I owned two 07 RWBs and would recommend them to anyone. The engine's torque and horsepower combine with perfectly spaced gearbox ratios to make the slightly heavy (because it's freaking durable) bike one of the most balanced motorcycles ever in the mountains.

You have seen my old bike keep up with some serious street weapons in the mountains. The bike will feel like a riding lawnmower compared to your K bike but when you look down and see the numbers on the speedo you get it. Safe, controlled performance. The BMW M5 of motorcycles.

All day comfy.

I never sold my VFR stuff because I figured I would have to pick up another one. Might have to find one now to You Dave Matt and I can go trolling again.

KEB

Better yet I'll just get a K bike and glue it to the backside of your VFR all day. Payback! :beer:

You can ask Angeli what I do on the K bike. I finally got the rear preload adjusted to accommodate her (small) weight. Imagine me with a bike that can turn. I can't wait until I drag the first knee. I have already worn halfway through my current pucks and will probably need new ones before TMAC next year.

And all is forgiven. Can we add you to the tire Co-op list ?

What is this? I sent Kimball a set of PPs to his house size 120/70 and 190/55 (I realize the latter is not VFR sized). All I ask is you replace one if you need one. At my house, I have several front 120/70s here including PP and Q3s. A PR2 and Angel GT 190/50 and Q3 190/55x2. I will probably have a few VFR sized rears 180/55 soon, likely to be Q3s. I still need the Marc Parnes rear VFR adapter to balance. Otherwise, I am completely operational to change tires with the NoMar Classic in the basement. I believe my fork lift front stand will work the VFR, but haven't tried it out yet.

• Member Contributer

Switchblade, on 15 Aug 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:snapback.png

And all is forgiven. Can we add you to the tire Co-op list ?

What is this? I sent Kimball a set of PPs to his house size 120/70 and 190/55 (I realize the latter is not VFR sized). All I ask is you replace one if you need one. At my house, I have several front 120/70s here including PP and Q3s. A PR2 and Angel GT 190/50 and Q3 190/55x2. I will probably have a few VFR sized rears 180/55 soon, likely to be Q3s. I still need the Marc Parnes rear VFR adapter to balance. Otherwise, I am completely operational to change tires with the NoMar Classic in the basement. I believe my fork lift front stand will work the VFR, but haven't tried it out yet.

Me and you and Kimball and some others need to start a tire Co-op. Purchase 100 sets of what ever so we can get a great price.

Me i am on my 10th set of tires ..

• Member Contributer

The VFR should actually reduce my tire wear and maintenance bills.

• Member Contributer

It ain't the machine that causes tire wear and the VFR can destroy em with the best of them. I used to have a bunch of spare 180/55s but none of my present rides use em. I have three bikes and 6 different tire sizes, what a pain in the ass. I would love to replace the Tiger with another NC700x, but a DCT version.

I think I can actually keep it interesting for a VFR with the NC700x now though the lack of horsepower means will always make it that little bit slower. For street riding that means I win but on the track it would kinda suck so maybe I need to get a 2014 VFR deluxe....

KEB

• Member Contributer

It ain't the machine that causes tire wear and the VFR can destroy em with the best of them. I used to have a bunch of spare 180/55s but none of my present rides use em. I have three bikes and 6 different tire sizes, what a pain in the ass. I would love to replace the Tiger with another NC700x, but a DCT version.

I think I can actually keep it interesting for a VFR with the NC700x now though the lack of horsepower means will always make it that little bit slower. For street riding that means I win but on the track it would kinda suck so maybe I need to get a 2014 VFR deluxe....

KEB

Ah no I think not !!!

• Member Contributer

KEB

I knew there was a silver lining in this whole not having a VFR thing. Now I see... a NEW VFR is in the works!

• Member Contributer

KEB

I knew there was a silver lining in this whole not having a VFR thing. Now I see... a NEW VFR is in the works!

+1 there always a plan ..

• Member Contributer

post-8151-0-08738700-1408554470.jpg

post-8151-0-27907900-1408554482.jpg

post-8151-0-08234400-1408554484.jpg

Inaugural Hanging Rock ride. Damn sprinkles couldn't keep me from dragging knees. Better get the frame sliders on it ASAP. They arrived in the mail yesterday. Needs some other farkles, too. The stock exhaust will need some modification or replacement. Peg feelers drag way too easily (about the same time my knee goes down). Maybe some rearsets are in order?

Not sure why the last pic is sideways, but I like to think it emphasizes what speed does to orientation.

• Member Contributer

I think I might be faster on the VFR. I won't know until I remove the peg feelers. It is distracting when they touch down in every corner.

I am 5'11" and the wind goes over my head at slower speeds and around 70 it goes down to my chin and upper chest. I have Helibars, so your results may vary. I haven't experienced too much buffeting, except for when I am behind a semi, which doesn't last long. :wheel:

I will switch it out while the weather is warm and probably put it back on when the Fall chill takes hold.

:bliss:

:woohoo:

Archived