So...i Went And Done Did It...

• Member Contributer

My wife keeps bringing up getting me an Anniversary edition to keep the miles down on my 5th gen. Looking at the deal you got has me really considering that possibility...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

OHHHHHHHHHHHH so you were that guy.

Hehe, sorry.

You guys are makin me feel bad, how I got this awesome, beautiful, refined, legendary Honda motorcycle instead of you well qualified individuals.

Oh well, I hit VTEC today and it was all like BRRAPPPPPP, BRAAAAPPPPPPP, BRAAAAAAAaaaaaaaapppppp......

ae5442df7f2f0fd3072de915f43d2955.jpg

The one thing I have noticed today--especially riding around the air base @ 35mph--is that the throttle snatchiness is kinda annoying.

Been reading up on it today, and I'm deciding if a PAIR mod / de-snorkle / de-flapper mod would be a good idea. I have heard both sides of the gun, good and bad.

I really don't want to screw with it, I just kinda want to enjoy it stock, but anything to smooth it out--and make VTEC snort even more--easily would be a good short term goal.

• Member Contributer

The one thing I have noticed today--especially riding around the air base @ 35mph--is that the throttle snatchiness is kinda annoying.

Been reading up on it today, and I'm deciding if a PAIR mod / de-snorkle / de-flapper mod would be a good idea. I have heard both sides of the gun, good and bad.

I really don't want to screw with it, I just kinda want to enjoy it stock, but anything to smooth it out--and make VTEC snort even more--easily would be a good short term goal.

I'll give you what you paid for it. Heck, I'll give you what he advertised. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

As they say in the Spanish tongue,

"No."

But you can buy my 4th gen. It even comes with well used Contimotions that will need replacing soon.

Only if it was a 2nd gen R/W/B 750. :491:

BTW, the Pair/snorkle etc. stuff won't do much for the off idle snatchiness. A Power Commander will. Also, the hesitation you get when rolling on the throttle after cruising at 4-6k rpm can be fixed with a couple of 25 cent resistors. Yank out the O2 sensors and stick 'em in and it's gone.

• Member Contributer

Please be aware that once you sell the 4th Gen, you will be struck of the list

The list of owners of the bestest VFR......... NACA's are the best! :goofy:

(but I must admit that if I could buy a bike like that in NL for that price........ unspeakable words....)

• Member Contributer

Rob, also check your throttle cable free play adjustments. When I got my RWB fresh off the showroom floor there was quite a bit of free play in the throttle. A quick adjustment helped a lot. Congrats on the great deal.

So I just rode the new bike and Ol Bessie back to back, man, I forgot how firm bessie is with the DMR suspension--talk about a great track bike!

Also, I miss the exhaust note--too bad the 6th gen is super pricey to get any kind of nice exhaust--I'm honestly just gonna keep it stock.

I noticed that the 4th gen is super flickable, but after initial dive-in, the handlebars fight me and want to turn with the bike--so I have to keep constant pressure.

Is this a side effect of dropping the front 10mm?

Man, I really want to keep both. If I do sell it, I want it to go to someone on here or someone who will appreciate it. Wife is already cool with me keeping both.

EDIT: Bessie would smoke the new one. Holy midrange, Batman!

Wait, the wife is cool with keeping the Gen 4? Jeez, case closed. :-)

Right here man, if you can keep it and the wife is cool with it, keep it! You'll regret it if you sell it.

Just an update:

Did the PAIR/Snorkel/Flapper mod. HOLY FRIJOLES!!! It's waaaaayyyy better now! Sounds sweet, pulls stronger, no dead spots or surging.

There are zero downsides to these mods. Now to block off PAIR properly instead of just unplugging it--i don't think A&A still make the plates. I emailed them, but with no response.

Oh, darnet. Now I'm getting the modding itch. Must........resist.......................spending money...............

I wish FMF still made that sweet exhaust. I can't stand to see round cans on this origami-ish bike.

• Member Contributer

Just an update:

Did the PAIR/Snorkel/Flapper mod. HOLY FRIJOLES!!! It's waaaaayyyy better now! Sounds sweet, pulls stronger, no dead spots or surging.

Now to block off PAIR properly instead of just unplugging it--

Just work a marble into the PAIR hose and stick it back on. Simple, easy, reversible...and potentially free if you can locate a marble without buying some.

Archived