Isle Of Man Coverage Starts Saturday At 10:00 P.m.

Cogswell

• Member Contributer

On Velocity Channel.

DirecTV 281

Dish 246

Cox Cable 1080

Comcast 844 870 (possibly was 711 previously)

Frontier FIOS 631

Every day TT rider Gary Johnson uploads up a behind the scenes video on the Duke Video youtube channel:

Episode 1

Episode 2

BMW is back with rider Michael Dunlop. They did well at the NW200, it wouldn't surprise me if they win at least one race at the TT.

• Member Contributer

Bruce Anstey sets a new lap record of 132.298 mph, bringing it above 132 at the TT for the 1st time. Dunlop also upped the mark before Anstey set the new record. They had an on board camera - he had one slip - it probably could have been even quicker still. They showed the fairing after it was removed from his bike - the lower plastic was scarred from scraping the pavement.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/sport/motorcycling/brilliant-dunlop-wins-superbike-tt-as-anstey-raises-lap-record-1-6647633

IIRC I saw him in an interview last year - I think he's a plumber in the off season. That's got to be pretty boring compared to racing. I always hold my breath for these guys' safety at the TT.

Yes, Anstey rides the Padgett's Honda Fireblade with John McGuinness as his team mate.

I have wood.

Then make sure you have some tissues within reach before watching this clip:

Irish Road Racing

Anstey's lap is insane, but I counted at least four moments where he lost time (one over-shoot on a corner and a handful of delays caused by slower bikes) - he could have gone 133 or 134 average... :wacko:

• Member Contributer

The commentators were saying this evening that the electric bikes were hitting 140mph and McGuinness' winning lap averaged 117.4 mph - pretty impressive.

Archived