Finally Joined...

Marsman99

• Member Contributer

Hi All,

After guesting in on and off over the years, I figured it's time to sign on as a full fledged member. Hit the site hard trying to decide if I wanted to buy a 7th Gen DCT, which I did, mostly because of the member feedback. So, here I am. Howdy everybody.

BTW, I have no idea what I'm doing in navigating and posting on the site...pure trial and error.

Bill

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD! Glad to see another So Cal resident floating around on here. We're riding up Angels Crest on Sunday, and you're free to join.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the 7th gen vs 4th. Also, looking forward to pictures of both!

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD! Glad to see another So Cal resident floating around on here. We're riding up Angels Crest on Sunday, and you're free to join.

The Crest sounds great, but daughter has a soccer league championship game on Sunday!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the 7th gen vs 4th. Also, looking forward to pictures of both!

I already have some comparisons, but want to get more miles on the "new" 2010 Gen7 before I write up a comparo. Suffice it to say for now that I love both!

Guest Recalcitrance

Welcome. Glad to see another SoCal member.

A few of us are in Solvang for the weekend starting tonight.

Sunday will have a ride up Angeles Crest.

Another ride north in a couple weeks.

Ride safe and catch you around.

• Member Contributer

Welcome, Bill. Another local newbie like me. Nice Garage, by the way! :fing02:

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I sort of cheated, the M796 is my wife's bike, but I maintain it so I listed it!

• Member Contributer

Welcome! We all love pics around here, so the more and the sooner the better! :smile:

Finally got around to uploading a picture of my "new" 2010 Gen7. I took this the morning I rode it from the dealership in Vegas to home in San Diego. This was on

Welcome! We all love pics around here, so the more and the sooner the better! :smile:

Finally got around to uploading a picture of my "new" 2010 Gen7. I took this the morning I rode it from the dealership in Vegas to home in San Diego. This was on

WTH? Tried uploading photo and it sent the unfinished post...weird? With no picture no less! Anyway, I'll play around a bit to figure this out...

Finally got around to uploading a picture of my "new" 2010 Gen7. I took this the morning I rode it from the dealership in Vegas to home near San Diego. This was on Cima Kelso road in the middle of the Mojave National preserve. One of several great roads through the desert in SoCal.

post-29709-0-72823100-1397534036.jpg

• Member Contributer

Finally got around to uploading a picture of my "new" 2010 Gen7. I took this the morning I rode it from the dealership in Vegas to home near San Diego. This was on Cima Kelso road in the middle of the Mojave National preserve. One of several great roads through the desert in SoCal.

Welcome! The bike looks good, but the sky looks a bit stormy out there in the desert.

• Member Contributer

Welcome fellow Southern Californian! Keep your browser pointed here, I'm sure we'll have a ride in Palomar soon, you'd be in your back so to speak.

• Member Contributer

Welcome fellow Southern Californian! Keep your browser pointed here, I'm sure we'll have a ride in Palomar soon, you'd be in your back so to speak.

Will do, always looking for an excuse to go up/down S6/S7. That way it links to my favorite little road, Mesa Grande Rd.

Welcome! The bike looks good, but the sky looks a bit stormy out there in the desert.

It was, but never rained...a bit cool though...you would have been perfectly at home...:-)

• Member Contributer

Welcome! the DCT is one sweet ride. The DCT can now have an ECU re flash from Don Guhl . here is a link to the thread.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/77723-don-guhl-ecu-reflash-on-2013-f-model-yes-it-is-awesome/

I do like my DCT quite a bit too. Thanks for the link, I joined VFRD because I had been following the discussion of the ECU reflash as a site guest.

Archived