Rvf1000R

tomk1960

• Member Contributer

Just about a year ago I saw this bike at Rice-O-Rama, a great Japanese bike show that's held annually here in central Massachusetts:

RVF1000R_2_zpsf294f011.jpg

It's an absolutely gorgeous bike!

RVF1000R_1_zpscafcd338.jpg

I had never seen one of these before the show and haven't seen one since. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of information online about this model and I'd like to know more. I don't know what year this is, how many were made, if they can be bought, etc. I noticed that one of the members here (from NH) has this bike as his avatar, so maybe he was the guy who wheeled the bike up to the show area.

Someone fill me in - I gotsta know!

• Member Contributer

It's quite a complement that you mistake the old girl for a factory bike as that was the original intent, as difficult as it was to produce. It's a weekly occurance that I'm asked about the bike, how I got it, was it hard to register, am I rich, etc. But, it's simply a modified '85 VF1000R and I'm as poor as the next guy but I do feel like I'm riding something special(to me anyway).

I arrived at R-O-R not really knowing where to park. Dimitry(fellow member) came up to introduce himself and after a brief chat suggested I park up on the show area near his NSR250. I felt kind of funny being up there since I wasn't registered but got a chance to meet sme cool people, some that recognized my bike from the internet. Weather permiting, I'll head down again this year.

Nice photo's, I'll add them to my collection. Yours truly in the yellow leathers.

• Member Contributer

Kel - that bike is special. It's a work of art and you should be proud. Bikes like that need to be featured in motorcycle magazines. Is there a write-up here somewhere on your build? I'd like to see it if there is.

Truly amazing work. I hope the ROR appreciated it and gave you a first place trophy. I'll be stopping by the show on my way home from a 3 day CB1100F ride with a gang of F'ers in NY. I'll look for you at the show.

Tom

• Member Contributer

Kel - that bike is special. It's a work of art and you should be proud. Bikes like that need to be featured in motorcycle magazines. Is there a write-up here somewhere on your build? I'd like to see it if there is.

Truly amazing work. I hope the ROR appreciated it and gave you a first place trophy. I'll be stopping by the show on my way home from a 3 day CB1100F ride with a gang of F'ers in NY. I'll look for you at the show.

Tom

Thanks Tom. No trophy as I was merely a no-good squatter but I was told not come back unless I enter it. The problem with me is, I'm a terrible bike detailer. The closest I get is a quick spray of Honda polish. It rarely gets a soap and wash. It's a damn street bike first and foremost so there's plenty of nicks and chain lube everywhere. I simply don't have what it takes to own a "show bike" and would much rather ride than wash.

I'd love to see one of your F's. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm not usually around my bike(too many cool old bikes to look at) but if you spot an old guy going on about VF1000R's, step up and say hey.

It's a long read but here ou go...

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/49908-time-to-rebuild-the-vf1000rit-lives/

• Member Contributer

Beautiful bike Kel... I love the fact that is a street bike first and a "special" bike second... ride on bro!

• Member Contributer

Yup. It's going to work out perfectly for me. I'll stop at ROR on the way back Sunday morning, possibly show my 1100F, check out the bikes and parts, and then head home, which is only 20 minutes from the show.

Are you going to make it to the fall ride? Rice-O-Rama? Both?

• Member Contributer

He (Sochiro) would probably fire most of the people working there now, considering the stuff they are producing.

Bollocks...

Just the fact that they aren't making anything like what's in your garage is my point.

He (Sochiro) would probably fire most of the people working there now, considering the stuff they are producing.

Bollocks...
Just the fact that they aren't making anything like what's in your garage is my point.

The fact is, my next bike will be a VFR1200, so I think Honda gets the point just fine... :)

We can only speculate what "Soichiro" would think of his company today...but I'd bet he'd be ecstatic to see McGuinness bring that beautiful Honda across the line to win the TT...

• Member Contributer

Back to the point:

Beautiful bike Kel. Really nice to see the pics out and about!

Thanks bud.

I guess there are a lot of shop and driveway shots. I ride all the time, I just never think to take pictures while I'm out. Maybe I should, lest people think she's a driveway queen. :wink:

Archived