Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

I great w/ bikes and screen names ... but things get hazy in the real world. :goofy:

Here's our trip info:

E-Ticket (Randy Burress): red '98 VFR 800

Flying Ant (Susan Post): black/yellow '04 Honda 600 F4i

Cell #: (503) 701-2784

Lookin' forward to seein' y'all again. :^)

- E-Ticket

Just found this thread ... and glad I did.

Yup -- E-Ticket and Flying Ant will be joining y'all. :cheerleader:

Check/approve schedule later this week ... and then make some reservations. eh. <g>

Cheers! E-Ticket

I don't think that many are coming, a few dropped out, it will be a good sized group with a focus on riding some of the best roads.

Should we just find you randomly parked by the roadside somewhere by chance? haha

LOL! Yah ... maybe ... who knows? :^)

Well, we had a lot of irons in the fire lately ... so was a bit tardy on booking rooms.

Here's our tale of success and woe.

The Hood River Best Western was out of the "VFRD" block of rooms ... but got us another room at the same price.

But even with the discount ... it's a bit pricey for us. (The FunBudget is really getting a workout this summer.)

So we may bag the room and just show up on Wednesday morning as Hood River is only an hour's ride from Portland.

We'll see.

Booked at the Bridge Street Inn in Baker City ... no problemo.

Went to book in Bend. And ... uh-oh.

Guess who discovered that there is a lacrosse tournament in town that weekend and all motels are booked for Friday and Saturday?

But we lucked out and found a room at the Motel West just down the street from the Red Lion.

About a 6 block walk or a short zip on the mo-mo.

So we're in! eh. :^)

1. Choco

2. Axel_7

3. DfnsMn69

4. jimbob

5. MaxSwell

6. Willy

7. Veefer800Canuck

8. jviffer

9. Didit

10. Harhond60

11. yycviffer

12. YWGVIFFER

13. Radar

14. Huckleberry

15. E-Ticket

16. Flying Ant

17. GabeJ

18. VFRAG

19. Frogn8r

20. Q-Dawg

21. Dragonfly

22. FSAE

23. E-TIcket

24. Flying Ant (Susan P. : '04 Honda 600 F4i)

Cheers! - ET

E-Ticket what time are you guys planning on heading out to Hood River.. I'll be headed out from Hillsboro could definitely meet up and head out in force...

We do have a room reserved at the Best Western in Hood River but I think that we will be releasing it tomorrow.

As it's only an hour's drive from Portland -- I think that we will save the cost of the room and just show up Thursday morning ready to roll.

As to what time we will ride out? Dunno' at the point.

We'll have to get closer to see what peeps are planning for breakfast, rider's meeting, or a launch time.

Are you going out on Wed. afternoon/evening, Dfnsman69?

- ET

I just sent Cogswell a message about departure time on Thursday morning. If it takes you guys an hour from Portland we should be able to leave Hood River around 9-10. It's about 5 hours to Baker City, not counting stops.

I just sent Cogswell a message about departure time on Thursday morning. If it takes you guys an hour from Portland we should be able to leave Hood River around 9-10. It's about 5 hours to Baker City, not counting stops.

That will make it super-easy for us. :^)

Susan and I will launch early enough to get into HR, gas up and grab some brekkie, and then be over at the BW hotel around 8'ish for some visitin' time

before the crew launches out for Baker City.

- ET

I'm still gonna head over Wed. Took the entire week off work so might as well enjoy the day... Probably take a few spins up and down the Rowena curves then back to HR in the afternoon.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Adding GPS hotel addresses...

Not excited to see everybody at all :)

Tamm has said i cant install the GOPRO boom on the bike :(

• Member Contributer

Any other Canucks departing from Calgary? My GSXR buddy and I are figuring to leave there on Tuesday sometime, splitting the trip down into two days.

Depends on which way we come down from Duvall. If we drop down from Yakima then we can take the Rowena curves back to Hood River

So read this review on the 2014 VFR. I think it's a good review. It's from the on-line mag Motorcycle USA. I've written to them twice in the recent past inviting them on our Oregon Trails trip and asked them to bring a new VFR for us to try out. I mentioned that the VTEC is no concern and that I've got over 70,000 miles on mine. I wrote twice and never heard back, now I read this review and am confused, so I wrote the editor, author of the review, again and asked him who he was referring to when he said he has corresponded with someone with 70,000 miles and was planning on joining a Pacific Northwest VFR rally.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/115/18858/Motorcycle-Article/2014-Honda-VFR-Interceptor-First-Ride.aspx

All I can say at this point is huh?

• Member Contributer

That is odd. I suppose if someone shows up on a white '14 it will solve the mystery. If not, I would like find out about the top secret VFR rally he refers to. He seems to be only one who knows about it.

I forgot to mention that the reason I invited them is because they are based out of Medford, Ore. The editor might be in Southern California and this article was from So Cal.

Hey Oregon Trail riders, I noticed most of you have not added the Icon to your event ride merit badges, what gives?

• Member Contributer

"I noticed most of you have not added the Icon to your event ride merit badges, what gives?"

hasn't happened yet....that is why I haven't :comp13: But it will be on there soon :wheel: Looking forward to next week :cheerleader:

Breaking News!

Bart Madsen from Motorcycle USA will be joining us for the Saturday ride around Twisted Sisters loop. He will be riding a 2014 Interceptor and hinted there may be some chance of a select few trying it .... Swapping bikes on the ride. He said not everyone will be able to and those that do have to sign some legal agreement !

• Member Contributer

Breaking News!

Bart Madsen from Motorcycle USA will be joining us for the Saturday ride around Twisted Sisters loop. He will be riding a 2014 Interceptor and hinted there may be some chance of a select few trying it .... Swapping bikes on the ride. He said not everyone will be able to and those that do have to sign some legal agreement !

BooHoo. Now I'm REALLY sorry I cannot make it. Have fun everyone.

• Member Contributer

Wow that is exciting! That bike is on my short list.

BTW .. I give up! How in the heck do you make the little vfrd/pnw stamp thingy show up on the profile thingy?? Need to change my name to computer dummy!