Pnw 2014 Oregon Trail

choco

I will be joining you for at least the first part. I live in The Dalles and work in Hood River. I take the Rowena loop to work almost every time I ride :) I've never done a group ride, so I'm a bit nervous but also pretty excited to be around a bunch of VFR enthusiasts.

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread ... and glad I did.

Yup -- E-Ticket and Flying Ant will be joining y'all. :cheerleader:

Check/approve schedule later this week ... and then make some reservations. eh. <g>

Cheers! E-Ticket

Should we just find you randomly parked by the roadside somewhere by chance? haha

• Member Contributer

8 degrees below zero outside my garage door this moring. Ugh

This winter truely sux!

Looking foreward to meeting you.

• Member Contributer

Just found this one. Would have loved to go but t ends on my wedding anniversary. Wife is pretty good about my taking off for days at a time for rides, one actually lasting 5 weeks and some 7,000 miles. But I think I would be buying her an new home if I weren't home for the anniversary. Also going on another few rides and trying the Border to Border Iron butt this spring so being on fixed income, I have to pick and choose. Sorry Choco. Would have been good to see you again.

Bump for interest, C'mon folks, all aboard the Wagon Train down the Oregon Trail!

What's the worst that can happen????? :goofy:

TheOregonTrail.png

Just found this one. Would have loved to go but t ends on my wedding anniversary. Wife is pretty good about my taking off for days at a time for rides, one actually lasting 5 weeks and some 7,000 miles. But I think I would be buying her an new home if I weren't home for the anniversary. Also going on another few rides and trying the Border to Border Iron butt this spring so being on fixed income, I have to pick and choose. Sorry Choco. Would have been good to see you again.

Bring her with you. Problem solved.

• Member Contributer

Bring her with you. Problem solved.

She has made it perfectly clear to me, she will not get on this bike. I've had it since August 06, since new, and she has never even straddled the seat so I kinda think that is out. Besides....bring your wife on a group ride? She does not have my balls in her purse you know.

• Member Contributer

She has made it perfectly clear to me, she will not get on this bike. I've had it since August 06, since new, and she has never even straddled the seat................

Sounds like the perfect bike!! :happy: This trip is going to be a blast!

Fingers crossed if summer schedule will allow it. Love riding in NE Oregon!

I'm assuming it's a typo in the first post, and we'd be leaving Hood River Thursday, yes?

Edited by GSP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Choco or whomever Please do a updated dates and locations so we can all get on with booking hotels.

As this is approaching fast.

Sounds like fun.

Was in the area in Sept 2012

Descending in the Heppner Valley

20120906-29.jpg

Camping in Heppner

20120907-01.jpg

Sunrise on the Plateau south of town.

20120907-08.jpg

Edited by VF1000Fe