Reserve A 5Th Gen Solo Rack From Kanadianken

MotoSensation

Put me down as #8. Hell, if we get close enough, I might take two. Someone's always looking for a KK Solo rack after he's finished a batch. (Ask me how I know.)

1. Motosensation
  2. ruberducky
  3. Higgin
  4. Munky
  5. Primo
  6. Ab-Oz ?
  7. SinNh ?
  8. Crewwolfy

i would buy 2 also if we get close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. 1ruberducky

Higgin

Munky

Primo

Ab-Oz ?

Crewwolfy

chickendelight

I am out, the list is way short of 25 even with those who said they would buy 2! Too bad, with my coming trip I will need to move forward with a standard top rack out there.

So...I am removing myself from the list, up to you guys to wait longer or else.

Thank you for those who joined the list but we are a small group unfortunately. Good luck and see you on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

err, I'm still a question mark - KK if the postage was $50Canadia then what would be the total to get one downunder?

rack + post (+ insurance in case they lose it on the slow boat)...

I build in an average of $25 for postage. So if its $50 to ship down under then add $25 to the $135 or total of $160 U S D.

I would order one if he made it for the 4th gen model. Just saying....

But, what about 50? :wink:

• Member Contributer

Just need one, but I am sure there are other 4th gen owners who would like one. Come on...stand up and be heard!

• 2 months later...

I'm in for one, and since I'm Ken and I'm Canadian, I'll ride over and pick it up in person.

1. 1ruberducky
  2. Higgin
  3. Munky
  4. Primo
  5. Ab-Oz ?
  6. Crewwolfy
  7. chickendelight
  8. KenTastic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Okay, bringing this back from the dead. I talked to KanadianKen at T-mac this year about these and commited to 2 of them if he does them again. Anyone else?

1. 1ruberducky
  2. Higgin
  3. Munky
  4. Munky #2?
  5. Primo
  6. Ab-Oz ?
  7. Crewwolfy
  8. Crewwolfy #2?
  9. chickendelight
  10. KenTastic
  11. 90dog?
  12. Daniel Paul?
  13. wera803
  14. wera803 #2

• Member Contributer

I am WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY in!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.

I asked him to do the same but he told me to go pound sand! Must be he likes you more than me.... :goofy:

Just kiddin Ken...love ya brother! :beer:

Seriously...I'm in.

Ok - I'll talk with my "people" and see what I can do to get a shorter run made - than the 25 I usually have to commit to. I'll bump this thread as soon as I have some real info. thanks all!

Lobster - yours will cost you double - so do you just want one half of a rack then? LOL....

I asked him to do the same but he told me to go pound sand! Must be he likes you more than me.... :goofy:

I think I caught him with his guard down. The keg was tapped and I just helped him load a bike on his trailer. :beer:

• Member Contributer

I think I caught him with his guard down. The keg was tapped and I just helped him load a bike on his trailer. :beer:

Did you really ride my bike up the ramp into the chock?

Never mind. What happens in Franklin...

Glenn

Did you really ride my bike up the ramp into the chock?

Never mind. What happens in Franklin...

Glenn

Uh, I thought that's what a ramp was for. :blush:

If it was one of those single 10" wide ramps, I wouldn't have done it. But a full width trailer ramp? I've done it a million times. :wheel:

• 5 months later...

Resurecting a dead thread thats been brought back to life - yet again........

5th Gen Solo Racks are "in the works".

I don't have a firm timeline - but it'll likely be January or February of 2015 as a shipping date. I'm working on getting some firm dates ASAP.

Price will be in the $150 USD range, including shipping to Conti USA and Canada. Bolts, and spacers will be included.

Stay tuned........ Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Time has flown since my last update on this - but I'm pleased to say that I'll have the 5th Gen Solo Racks ready to ship within the next week. I've been told they are back from powder coating, and will be delivered to me tonight.

I'll start up a proper thread in the classified section - but I wanted to mention it here first. Price will be $140 USD - includes shipping via Canada Post / US Postal and I'll also include Stainless Steel bolts, washers, as well as the required spacers. An instruction PDF will also be included.

I made 30 racks, and a half dozen are already spoken for - so if you want one please order ASAP.

For those with a 6th Gen - I have about 15 of those racks ready to go as well.

Cheers.

Ken

• Member Contributer

Is it the same price for the 6th gen? And would the big Honda box be too big for those?? Would anyone have a picture of that big box on a solo rack??

And would the big Honda box be too big for those?? Would anyone have a picture of that big box on a solo rack??

Sorry, I don't have the "big box". Here are pictures with my 46L box though. a6a65ef1b4c77fd8200022da7c051436.jpgf5f645ced0d630ba7e3a9f153c97ce1a.jpg

What brand sliders are those?

Those are Radar's sliders. They weren't available anymore when I put them on my girlfriends, so we went with R&G's on hers. 989eaa7568361144dc971b1ef5668189.jpg

Is it the same price for the 6th gen? And would the big Honda box be too big for those?? Would anyone have a picture of that big box on a solo rack??

Same price for the 6th Gen SOlo Rack. I have a 52 litre Topbox - don't think there are any larger - and it works like a charm.

Archived